Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:24:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cup of Coffee  (Read 1908 times)
Reid

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:34:21 PM

Funny  Grin
He is mad with pizza and yet he supports the coffee thing.
Maybe this guy is a coffee person.
What is the problem with pizza? Both of them are served hot.  Grin
If I have the right amount of bitcoin then why not. I would really love to buy that coffee shop and make an option for bitcoin payment.
But still, the problem would be the long time waiting of bitcoin transaction. You could sit at my shop for hours just by waiting.  Grin
horace08122

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:24:43 PM

There are lots of difficulties to be faced for small shop owners if they accept bitcoin as payment.They have to wait till transaction is confirmed.The buyer has to pay more transaction fees if he wants quick confirmation.The shop owner have to convert bitcoin into fiat.Since bitcoin price is not stable,we couldnot say that the shop owner will get exactly the same amount when he exchanges for fiat.All these points make me to conclude that bitcoin will be used mostly as an investment and for payment in high valued items.Not at all for a cup of coffee or a tea.
Here I completely agree with you. Indeed, in retail trade, not expensive goods, very big difficulties will be with the use of bitcoin. Fiat in these transactions can not replace anything. Of course, if it is a question of wholesale purchases, then this is another matter.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:29:47 PM

I'm going to launch an alt called Cupofcoffeecoin which will be the world's finest way to buy cups of coffee without censorship, because there's nothing worse than having your morning coffee censored.

It'll even make them taste better. It will either completely destroy Bitcoin or leave it to get on with the important stuff. I'll let you know when I've premined enough of them.
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:09:05 AM

May I suggest to those of you who want to buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin to purchase damn coffee shop instead... This way you can enjoy your own coffee all day long, and stop chasing fantasies of making this world more fair and better place to live. Buying a few pizzas with Bitcoin proven to be very expensive proposition back in 2010, and it looks like we just refusing to let this idea go.

Bitcoin is prohibitive for a reason: it's valuable (according to free and heavily manipulated markets), it rides vast and expensive to maintain blockchain (Go BitFury and Bitmain!), it has high fees not only to prevent spam, but to reward miners in exchange for diminishing block rewards moving forward (Greedy Bastards!). Looks perfect to me, but then again - I'm an idiot so do not take this personally.       
Why do you humble yourselves ??
not good belittle themselves
all people just the same, and certainly has shortcomings

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: