Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:47:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Mining - What GPU to buy  (Read 2547 times)
Smokyish

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:28:28 AM

Hi guys!

I currently have a gtx970 on my desktop rig and I'm mining only ETH. I want to buy another GPU and I wanted to ask whether another GTX 970 in SLI would be beneficial for me or should I opt for an RX 480? Would an AMD and NVidia card get along in the same rig, mining ETH? I'm waiting for other GPU suggestions if you have any.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

Since you already have a Nvidia card, you might wanna stick to the same manufacturer at least if you want to add cards to the same machine, because the mixing of drivers has it's own set of issues.
So i would suggest going with a Nvidia 1070 or if that's too expensive, a 1060.

And on another note, do not use SLI or CrossFire bridges, they will decrease your mining efficiency, you just want to have have the cards connected to the mobo without bridges to use them for mining.
Intristing

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:53:32 AM

Hi guys!

I currently have a gtx970 on my desktop rig and I'm mining only ETH. I want to buy another GPU and I wanted to ask whether another GTX 970 in SLI would be beneficial for me or should I opt for an RX 480? Would an AMD and NVidia card get along in the same rig, mining ETH? I'm waiting for other GPU suggestions if you have any.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

Since you already have a Nvidia card, you might wanna stick to the same manufacturer at least if you want to add cards to the same machine, because the mixing of drivers has it's own set of issues.
So i would suggest going with a Nvidia 1070 or if that's too expensive, a 1060.

And on another note, do not use SLI or CrossFire bridges, they will decrease your mining efficiency, you just want to have have the cards connected to the mobo without bridges to use them for mining.

For ETH minining, it is better to use the AMD cards.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:43:31 PM

Best ETH mining GPU for mining will be dual AMD r9 290x / r9 290 / 3x r7 370 4GB
This will do the job. Smiley

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:01:03 PM

Best ETH mining GPU for mining will be dual AMD r9 290x / r9 290 / 3x r7 370 4GB
This will do the job. Smiley

I think the RX series is better as they are more efficient and you can get mod bios.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: