Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:41:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sooo...which one of you is selling BTC to buy ETH?  (Read 3126 times)
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:03:08 PM

I've spent the night sleeping on an uncomfortable sofa because I didn't want to sleep next my computer fan, and all for nothing because this thing was at 7% only. I closed it and opened it again, back to 0%. My chainstate folder is 6GB. Fuck this thing. I wanted the Bitcoin Core equivalent for Ethereum and I've only experienced frustration thus far.

Is there any safe way to store ETH any other way? by the time I get a functional Ethereum wallet going Vitalik will have gained weight.

Synchronisation of my client took three and a half days. Closing the client and reopen it made the synchronisation progress report sometimes kidding for a while. Let the synchronisation run, run, run. Relax and no haste. If needed, store your computer outside your sleeping room...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:17:37 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 04:19:50 PM by thejaytiesto

I've spent the night sleeping on an uncomfortable sofa because I didn't want to sleep next my computer fan, and all for nothing because this thing was at 7% only. I closed it and opened it again, back to 0%. My chainstate folder is 6GB. Fuck this thing. I wanted the Bitcoin Core equivalent for Ethereum and I've only experienced frustration thus far.

Is there any safe way to store ETH any other way? by the time I get a functional Ethereum wallet going Vitalik will have gained weight.

Synchronisation of my client took three and a half days. Closing the client and reopen it made the synchronisation progress report sometimes kidding for a while. Let the synchronisation run, run, run. Relax and no haste. If needed, store your computer outside your sleeping room...

No haste? this was supposed to be a move to protect from BTC shitstorm, I need it to be quicker.

What about parity? i've read it syncs faster:

www.parity.io

I downloaded InstallParity.exe, but I don't know where I can verify the checksum of this file to guarantee I downloaded the real file.. am I taking crazy pills? why is it so hard to get things done right?

EDit: anyway I figured it out. Downloaded it from here:

https://github.com/paritytech/parity/releases/tag/v1.6.4

The MD5 from the parity.io website is not the same, so I would be worried if I downloaded it from that site but whatever.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:56:57 PM

But, at this very moment, only about half of ethereum's volume is in bitcoin, which suggest people from outside the crypto market came and invested usd/euro/cny/krw explicitly into ethereum. If you also take into consideration that many bitcoiners are now fleeing from bitcoin into ethereum because of the internal btc civil war,  then eth/btc would probably be even lower. Which suggests soon bitcoin and ethereum will have different kind of investors.
Proof: https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/eth/analysis/BTC

cool web, bookmarked
Ethereum now is used mainly for real work, real usage, and ofcourse speculation. Thing about ethereum is, it's value is backed by everything ethereum currently means: ethereum foundation, hundreds of devs working on projects, institutions, corporations, network effect, etc. When you are backed up like this, you don't have to rely on people's faith and hope they will not dump. Because ethereum has usage outside speculation and even if all speculators would give up on it, it's value would probably still stay around 5$. Bitcoin without speculation wouldnt exist, nor any other public crypto project.
I will have to look deeper into it
Do you own bitcoin ? If so, these are these options:
1. You hold. You risk losing everything, and the upside is like ~1500$ this year if everything will be ok from now on.
2. You sell:
  2.1 Move into fiat, your risk will be 0, maybe just the inflation
  2.2 You can take a small risk and move into ETH. I'd say there's 25% chances for it to go to 20-25$ range with negative news and bitcoin recovery. 50% chance to go to 100$ in the next 3 months because of raiden in few weeks and  then metropolis. If you don't know what raiden is: mass scaling, no project done this so far. and 25% chances for flippening to happen, assuming everyone moves from bitcoin to ethereum.
3. Move into other cryptos, but their potential is really low since they are either bitcoin clones, or dapp platforms aiming to be ethereum.
currently I am at point 2 more less. Hedged my bitcoins with short possition, considering 2.1 for some time,

omg. its longer than it took me to download whole bitcoin chain Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: