Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Is Touching Cloth Of $100  (Read 2624 times)
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 11:07:08 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 11:21:29 AM by benthach

Your logic would make sense with a market cap of few hundred millions or 1-2 billions max. As a king of crypto, it will just die, too much money at stake and people won't risk, they will just exit. Because there's nothing to win if it splits, the overall value of all forks would be lower, and all to lose.

yes, they will exiting the weaker king(s) and will enter the stronger kingdom. weaker king(s) will becoming alt itself. this is going to be exciting time to witness, it just not happening soon enough.
this is going to be bloodbath era and people going to make so much money off of it.

this alone would creating self duplicated kings and eth would be in a very very long line to be the next king
eth is just not in the king bloodline.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:16:31 AM

I can see the ETH is keep on rising, but not only ETH but some of the alt coin like dash and Monero really go berserk, the price could double in just a day, and there is a big possibilities that ETH is going to touch 100$, I think this year is really the rising of alt coin, it is a very good news for crypto currencies user

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 11:18:55 AM

I can see the ETH is keep on rising, but not only ETH but some of the alt coin like dash and Monero really go berserk, the price could double in just a day, and there is a big possibilities that ETH is going to touch 100$, I think this year is really the rising of alt coin, it is a very good news for crypto currencies user

just hope the whales/pumpers decided not to dump their load yet when you still on their boat.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:30:22 AM

You do realise that, unless it forks with 95-5% or something like that, it will die right ? Even a normal hardfork in bitcoin creates panic because people are brainwashed. But a 70-30 split would destroy it. The usual panic in crypto will be child's play compared to what's to come.

who cares about them newbies panic?

do you care? obviously not, since you are a ETH bag holder who is praising it everywhere.

do I care? not at all, i actually love it when newbies panic. i keep telling them not to though. but when they do it is like heaven for me because i can buy super cheap coins and add to my stash.
from the recent panic i borrowed as much money as i could from anybody that i could and invested that in bitcoin and i made 38.5% profit in the course of 1 week and paid the money back and kept the huge profit!

do market makers (bitcoin) care? not at all. they are in fact responsible for the brainwash. they spread the FUD themselves to toy around with those idiots who believe them and make a gigantic profit.

and the only reason why panic occurs is because people are too lazy to check facts. if they read "bitcoin will split in 10 days and die" 1000 times they believe it without taking time to use their brain cells to think.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:36:53 AM

What you're saying can only be true about things that have real value outside speculation and faith. Bitcoin is not the case. If bitcoin religion dies, what you consider cheap may soon become expensive.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

What you're saying can only be true about things that have real value outside speculation and faith. Bitcoin is not the case. If bitcoin religion dies, what you consider cheap may soon become expensive.

cryptocurrency will always belong to bitcoin and no one else, for eternity. if bitcoin die then eth will not survive.
paper money will always paper money, you can't have tree leaf to replace it.
bitcoin is flexible and will always retain to be the king, it will change when feel the threat.

mining1

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:47:38 AM

Maximalist thinking.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 11:49:09 AM

Maximalist thinking.

this is not extremist, it is just common sense. this is why we see dramas within bitcoin foundation, they will coming together when feel the threat.

biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:59:00 AM

Forget Eth now that ship has sailed. Yes it might hit $100 some point this year (x3) current price. Big woop  Roll Eyes

I've just cashed out all my Eth and put it into Waves. Waves has just as much... if not a great deal more potential. Waves has a lot of advantages over eth especially considering coin supply. Waves currently sitting at around $0.30. The potential for waves to do a 10x or even a crazy 100x pump this years is there. My bags have switched sides now. I'm still tempted to buy up more cheap waves while i can!  Wink
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

Agree, which is why bitcoin will die if it loses the crown. If you want reserve you can go for fiat or USDT.

Reserve for those big financial activities that are lawless/unregulated, and where fiat is difficult to use.

Crypto has no use where fiat can be used.  So a crypto reserve currency can only serve a purpose where fiat cannot be used.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:25:47 PM

yes, soon or later bitcoin going to hard fork, this is why i said bitcoin is flexible and can be bend. it will creating king1 and king2.
altcoins are just bitcoin experimenting minions without knowing it.

Nope.  If the king splits, there is no king any more.  If the king is overtaken, there is no king any more.  Bitcoin is king because it was the first.  It is also technically the most primitive, but as long as the technical side didn't really matter, and was "good enough", it could maintain its first mover advantage.  Now, the technical clunkiness of bitcoin is hurting the projection of its impossible dreams: Alice buying coffee with bitcoin, the illusion that kept bitcoin flying and pushed the greater-fool game to 20 billions.
Alice never bought coffee with bitcoin, but now, the illusion becomes unsustainable.

Once the "King by grace of God" is gone, there is no king by grace of god any more.  There's just the "biggest crypto of the moment" notion, and the *correct* idea that a crypto currency is like any other thing: something that has to deliver economical value in the end, or lose to the competition.  As long as bitcoin was "King by grace of God", the competition was ridiculed, and Alice was going to buy her coffee with bitcoin.  Once the King is gone once, we know that no-one is going to remain king for ever. 

Now, monetary beliefs are based upon the irrational belief in eternity.  You cannot consider a monetary asset with finite life time (which is not redeemable against something else).  You cannot hope that people will have monetary belief in something that is programmed to stop working, say, 50 years from now.  Even though in reality it WILL stop 50 years from now.  The monetary belief needs the illusion of eternity.  Bitcoin's belief is the belief in bitcoin's eternity.  The idea itself that the last Satoshi will be mined 140 years from now, helps to feed that illusion.  Hence, you have to believe that bitcoin is going to be the King for eternity.  If it is only king for 10 years, no other king will be believed. 

This will bring down a lot of greater-fool-because-belief-in-eternal-value activity in crypto, down to its real, economic value: economic exchange where fiat cannot go.  And that's tiny.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:26:43 PM

You said it in a shorter way... Smiley
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

What ETH didn't have 2 month ago that it has right now? 2 month ago price was under $8 why didn't you buy then? if you are buying now then you're an idiot being played by the manipulators, it's obvious that some people literally cashed out their bitcoins and bought ETH the marketcap can speak for itself.
People didn't come asking for btc in exchange for their ETH we went to them asking for it and so they refused to sell us at the prices that we wanted and price started to rise like crazy.

🖤😏
mining1

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

2 months ago there wasn't https://www.infoq.com/news/2017/03/Enterprise-Ethereum that recognizes ethereum as the default blockchain and the development wasn't where it is now. Raiden will also come very, very soon. Then metropolis will come.
Vision paper of EEA: https://www.infoq.com/news/2017/03/Enterprise-Ethereum-Vision. You'll find there public chain compatibility, so depending on the project these corporations will work on, if needed or if there will be advantage, they won't hesitate to either deploy directly on the public chain or link their private chain to the public chain.
Ethereum is the elephant in the room in the blockchain scene, not bitcoin. True, bitcoin has higher value, but doesn't matter. USD didn't replace pound is global reserve currency as soon as it became dominant, but years after.

Random people know mostly about bitcoin, but people who matter and can change things aren't as interested in bitcoin as they are in ethereum.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:34:28 PM

What ETH didn't have 2 month ago that it has right now?

Nothing.  But I think that the ETF failure, which has prevented bitcoin from really entering "big finance", and the difficulties of bitcoin's scaling, together with some guys like Ver pumping alt coins, has induced several things:
1) the belief that bitcoin is King for Ever in all of crypto and no altcoin will EVER be anything else but a useless toy, is falling.  Alt coins can be serious contenders ; maybe not to be King in the place of the King, but the King will not be able to solve everything.  So this has boosted enormously the potential credibility of alts

2) Bitcoin is becoming a more difficult vehicle to pump and dump, and big money can more easily pump alt coins.

1) and 2) together make that for alts now, the sky is the limit, as it was only conceivable with bitcoin.

In other words, bitcoin's perceived difficulties made altcoins more credible, and pumpers took advantage of this, but may have started a dynamics of themselves.

This is not due to any specific merit of any specific alt coin, because several of them pumped simultaneously.  This is just the realisation that the evident eternal and total hegemony of bitcoin is not so evident, and that alt coins are more credible than has been taken for granted until now.

In other words, bitcoin's absolute first mover advantage is eroding and the speculator money in bitcoin is diversifying.
jmpFCE2

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:20:41 PM

I don't see any fundamental driving the present price and people should be aware not to gamble too much on this. One day Ether might hit $100 but we should beware of rise like this. Just make sure you hedge your profit

You didnt pay attention to some fundamentals

People still think its a scam , hf losers , and watch ETH kick ass Smiley
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:39:49 PM

what is a ETH Is Touching Cloth Of $100 mean?
It's on it's way to becoming the defacto crypto king.

A coin that has on track its creator crying on reddit so exchanges stop all trades in order to avoid the panic selling caused by an smart contract disaster which in return resulted in a rollback can never be king of anything. ETH is a mess pumped by big wallets, enjoy your 5 seconds of fame while they last.
gadsden76

Activity: 130
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:52:26 AM

what is a ETH Is Touching Cloth Of $100 mean?
It's on it's way to becoming the defacto crypto king.

A coin that has on track its creator crying on reddit so exchanges stop all trades in order to avoid the panic selling caused by an smart contract disaster which in return resulted in a rollback can never be king of anything. ETH is a mess pumped by big wallets, enjoy your 5 seconds of fame while they last.

Buterin handled that very well tbh, the fact that the exchanges stopped trading just shows how much infrastructure and support ETH has....

Not all those who wander are lost.
-Tolkien
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:10:22 AM

indeed awe with eth price and a dash of experience climbing very sharply, many of which affect the price of eth increasingly ascending, and growth up from the use eth for ico. if it will increase up to 100$, no doubt bitcoin prices will also decrease, and this time too is the right to buy eth.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

Buterin handled that very well tbh, the fact that the exchanges stopped trading just shows how much infrastructure and support ETH has....
[/quote]

It shows simply how centralized ETH is.   It is remarkable that the two coins just behind bitcoin now, are totally centralized private fiat coins: ETH and DASH.  They even kicked ripple aside.  Visibly, the market longs for crypto fiat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: