Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Impossible to follow anything here anymore.  (Read 2000 times)
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:29:12 PM

Subforum for trading is definitely needed... all these selling 10 000 justminedcoins for 1BTC is killing this part of the forum

Agreed.

This is desperately needed.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

One Altcoinforum would be best. To look at several different mini-coin-forums sucks.

+1.

The guy in charge has confirmed there will be no subforums down here. So we will just have to make do.

more or less retired.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:04:19 PM

One Altcoinforum would be best. To look at several different mini-coin-forums sucks.

+1.

The guy in charge has confirmed there will be no subforums down here. So we will just have to make do.

Anyone want to work with me on altcointalk.org? There seems to be a lot of demand so I'll try and get it up sooner anyway Smiley
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:08:19 PM

I propose to start domain like cryptocurrency something. Alt coins emmmm how come they are alt, all cryto as far as I know using satoshi ideas. Are all cars apart ford are alt cars? Cheesy

Lets maybe meet in irc at some time and talk about it.

Good points - but I think it'd be good to keep it in the tradition of this forum by calling it altcointalk Smiley
bob777fred

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:43:01 PM

We aren't getting Coin subforums (confirmed) so no point asking anymore. However maybe now it's time for Alt-Coin users to start using respective forums (litecoin and terracoin both have their own forums).

There are so many people here and so many threads it's impossible to follow anything here anymore.

How about an altcoin board on another site, with separate sections for each coin/currency?  And a very liberal policy as far as what coins get their own board.

Failing that, I'd love to at least see one altcoin subforum here for trading.  Could SaltySpitoon give us that?  Separating out all of the altcoin economic activity from all the other altcoin threads would probably make a big difference.

I've got the domain altcointalk.org and looking at setting this up. If someone else wants to help even better (PM me) - otherwise I'll have it up in a few weeks.

I don't mind working with you on it - just a forum is all? I'll shoot you a PM with some details and maybe we can hash something out.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:57:02 PM

We aren't getting Coin subforums (confirmed) so no point asking anymore. However maybe now it's time for Alt-Coin users to start using respective forums (litecoin and terracoin both have their own forums).

There are so many people here and so many threads it's impossible to follow anything here anymore.

I suggest we have one "altcoin" forum, for ALL altcoins.

that way all of us alt-ers can have one easy place to go. it is a huge PITA to bother with multple forums, so i personally dont even go to any of the current coin specific forums.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:42:20 PM

I love bitcointalk.org, I will continue to use it for both Bitcoin and Litecoin, and use other forums as well.

Just as for a note:
forum.litecoin.net just implemented ssl to their site, which makes it much more professional imo.
Discussion found here.
https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2439.0.html?PHPSESSID=u5qq9okgioljrha06j1vgs5184
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:48:16 PM

Has any legitimate reason been given as to why subforums won't be added here, or is it just hard headedness?

They are clearly needed, and I believe the alt-coin community overwhelmingly supports the idea. 
"Well, I've said this last time - this is bitcointalk.org not altcointalk ... "

Then why have an alt coin forum at all? 

Administration has clearly chosen to have one. 

The way I see it there are three options:

1) Don't have an alt currency forum.
2) Have an alt currency forum that is disorganized and difficult to use.
3) Have an alt currency forum with organizational subcategories like every other heavily used sub forum on this board.

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
maunderingcabal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:33:20 AM

I made a post a while back saying the same thing. WE NEED SUB FORUMS FOR ALT COINS!

You like my post? Buy me a beer for ฿0.01
13KKQYQLmDFaTtcoPDtnt3My1PPUdcc8AL
My website/blog/bitcoin store
Invest0r

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:39:54 AM

Then mail the forum admins.
I think every cryptocoin alive at the moment should get an official subforum with developers as mods.

Speculating..
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:59:43 PM

If subforums aren't possible what about just sticky-ing the top 3-4 coin threads by market cap?
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:02:51 PM

I suggest we have one "altcoin" forum, for ALL altcoins.

that way all of us alt-ers can have one easy place to go. it is a huge PITA to bother with multple forums, so i personally dont even go to any of the current coin specific forums.

I am working with someone on altcointalk.org

It should be up asap!
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:57:00 PM

Even if we had subforums, having everything about one coin in one forum (no separation for development / technical support, marketplace, etc) isn't the ideal way to go either.

Cryptocurrencies needs to heavily promote their own forum, instead of (for example) PPCoin linking to here.

I disagree.

This is the once-in-a-lifetime chance for this forum to become the central place for cryptocoins.

I don't get why the mods reject users. Every other social media platform on the Internet is keen getting net members ...
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

Why only altcointalk.org? Make it cointalk.org!

Bitcoin could be a subforum there? Amongst Litecoin, PPCoin, Terracoin, ...
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:27:00 PM

true
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:33:13 PM

true

I want to call it altcointalk.org in keeping with the tradition of this forum. Most of the Bitcoin community is here, but maybe we'll add a BTC section anyway Smiley
tiker

Activity: 459

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:38:33 PM

I like the idea of sub-forums for each currency network all in one place.  Even if there's a hint at a new alt coin, create a sub for it for posts related to go.  If a coin dies, it is a good place for coin history.  Each sub forum would end up being the alt coin list and (going forward) the timestamps of the forum posts gives an idea to the activity of the coin when it was big, when it died, etc.

A trade section for everything is good.  Give the message authors the ability to lock the post once the trade is complete, etc.

I much prefer a single site for information rather than 10 smaller sites to visit every day.

I can give you (psybits) a hand if you're looking for more help.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: