Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:54:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian finance minister - statement about Bitcoin  (Read 2228 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stortinget.no%2Fno%2FSaker-og-publikasjoner%2FSporsmal%2FSkriftlige-sporsmal-og-svar%2FSkriftlig-sporsmal%2F%3Fqid%3D57052

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:49:28 PM

Horse ....

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:53:09 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 02:14:32 PM by Luno

A sensible pragmatic answer. The big question still unanswered: How can a government and issuer of a national currency tolerate a public global easy store of wealth? That's maybe the "
I will monitor developments" part?

More or less the same position as Denmark; wait for the EU to rule!
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:57:49 PM

lol EU to rule, they have no jurisdiction and must contact the CCCB before contemplating anything, and yes Ive already got the wheels rolling in this reguard for contacting them as well, and as president I will be reporting everything in a transparent fashion on this forum.

the Norwegian finance minister can say what ever he wants in an off the record way lol

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:16:17 PM

the Norwegian finance minister can say what ever he wants in an off the record way lol

This statement is very much official to the best of my knowledge.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

Ive already got the wheels rolling in this reguard for contacting them as well, and as president I will be reporting everything in a transparent fashion on this forum.

You're the president of Norway?

oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:24:10 PM

FYI Norway is not part of EU, rather this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Trade_Association

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

Ive already got the wheels rolling in this reguard for contacting them as well, and as president I will be reporting everything in a transparent fashion on this forum.

You're the president of Norway?

I was wondering the same, if he was president and in which universe.  Cheesy

And the EU doesn't have much to say in Norway indeed, they can ask things nicely but that's about it.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Luno

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:32:44 PM

Being obsessed with Bitcoins makes you a megalomaniac when the exchange rate goes up?
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:35:23 PM

And the EU doesn't have much to say in Norway indeed, they can ask things nicely but that's about it.

I live in Norway. In practise, what EU decides, that how it becomes in Norway.

Norway is part of EEA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Economic_Area
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:40:41 PM

A sensible pragmatic answer. The big question still unanswered: How can a government and issuer of a national currency tolerate a public global easy store of wealth? That's maybe the "

Link to statement from Danish politicians??

Luno

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:44:43 PM

No official political position exists but Fimp has approached "Finanstilsynet" twice, which in practice hold the same position as our government on monetary decisions and they waited for the EU to rule on Bitcoin.
Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:46:14 PM

Handel med Bitcoins er i utgangspunktet ikke rapporteringspliktig etter hvitvaskingsloven, men rapporteringspliktige foretak vil være forpliktet til også å rapportere om Bitcoin-transaksjoner. Jeg påpeker imidlertid at medvirkning til hvitvasking er straffbart etter straffeloven § 317 uavhengig av hvilke offentligrettslige reguleringer som gjelder for virksomheten.
Here, the minister says that you do not need to follow money laundering regulations if you buy and sell bitcoins! But he also adds that facilitating money laundering is illegal. But that a trader does not have to live up to some bureaucratic money laundering statements is pretty significant. And the guy asking the question (from FrP), unerstands the implications of bitcoins.

Quote from: Ketil Solvik-Olsen (FrP)
Hvordan vurderer regjeringen inntreden av digitale valutaers konsekvenser for skatteinnkreving, kriminalitetsbekjempelse og økonomisk styring?
Translated: What consequences does the [Norwegian] government think that digital currencies will have for taxation, crime enforcement, and [political] economic control? (sic!)

The finance minister answers that bitcoins will only become a serious competitor in places where the local (government fiat) currency is destroyed through money printing.

Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:56:07 PM

No official political position exists but Fimp has approached "Finanstilsynet" twice, which in practice hold the same position as our government on monetary decisions and they waited for the EU to rule on Bitcoin.
Any info on what EU is expected to rule or any time line on them ruling?

Luno

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:02:51 PM

I guess that Norway is a member of FinCen? Then money launder rules apply to investigate bank transfers to and from Bitcoin on suspicion.

A guy buying a lot of coins from a money changer could trigger a request for the wallet address the coins are transfered to. The police and public prosecutor alone decides which information is relevant for an investigation of a suspected crime!

I can't really see how Bitcoin is excepted after the FinCen recommendation from the 18'th of March.

Am I wrong?
Luno

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:06:12 PM

Any info on what EU is expected to rule or any time line on them ruling?

No, but the are working on Bitcoin for sure right now!
Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:06:24 PM

I guess that Norway is a member of FinCen? Then money launder rules apply to investigate bank transfers to and from Bitcoin on suspicion.

A guy buying a lot of coins from a money changer could trigger a request for the wallet address the coins are transfered to. The police and public prosecutor alone decides which information is relevant for an investigation of a suspected crime!

I can't really see how Bitcoin is excepted after the FinCen recommendation from the 18'th of March.

Am I wrong?
FinCen is an American federal anti-money laundering agency. Norwegians are not subject to their decisions.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:07:29 PM

Am I wrong?

No, you're right. Norway is the part of Texas where Ice Bears walk in the streets.
Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:10:38 PM

Am I wrong?

No, you're right. Norway is the part of Texas where Ice Bears walk in the streets.
Grin
It is called polar bears, though  Tongue

Luno

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

Damed, I'm not American, I was in Voss off season 4 years ago on vacation.

My point is that banking rules are harmonized internationally to avoid loopholes. The fact that Bitcoin is exempted in Norwegian law, might not mean a lot if a call is made?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: