Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 10:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coindesk: If hardfork with BTU, major exchanges will list it as an Alt Coin  (Read 3764 times)
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:55:16 AM

Curve is more significant becuase Antpool started to signal BTU nodes. Once 1000 blocks have been found since they went BTU adpotition will stall unless other chinese pools follow.
There's plenty of other avenues left such as Bitmain selling machines to you only on condition that you mine BTU. Rather sad that one little fella has this much influence.
I wonder if it really did reach that point whether they'd have the balls to take the plunge or not. The more hysterical everything gets the more likely it is I suppose.
Is it even remotely possible for bitmain to ask the seller to mine only BTU,how can that be possible for a product in which they sell.Since they have a major opinion in the mining world and bitcoin as a whole they might have thought that majority will stick with them and make mining a monopoly and it is good to see that exchanges are joining hands to combat that threat.

They can't make sold miiners mine only BTU. Owner choose what to mine. If you point your miner to their pool, they choose which version to singnal. If you bough miner at Hashnest then acording to contract it's pointed toward Antpool.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:00:58 PM

do you see what roger is doing
CIA-AGENT

Do you fucking know who finances Blockstream you stupid?

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
FiendCoin (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:06:28 PM

CIA-AGENT

And who finances BTU?

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
reddibrek

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Nothing worth having comes easy

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:44:14 PM

The way things are it is a really bad case of lose-lose.

Even if there is no split if BU nodes stay at 30+% or even get greater, that will leave massive uncertainty hanging over the network, due to potential problems like the crash-bug exploited a couple of days ago.

Can someone explain what happens with BU blocks that are mined now? Are they inserted into the BTC blockchain as normal?

Yes, basically because no-one is choosing to mine blocks bigger than 1MB... yet

Reddheads.com Smiley Cryptocurrency news
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:12:49 PM

At least even though they recognise it, they will recognise it as what it is, an altcoin and nothing else. Someone seceding from the original chain can not be considered as the true Bitcoin. Hopefully we are far from this as Unlimited is not gathering all the support they would like to have.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4158

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:18:54 PM

At least even though they recognise it, they will recognise it as what it is, an altcoin and nothing else. Someone seceding from the original chain can not be considered as the true Bitcoin. Hopefully we are far from this as Unlimited is not gathering all the support they would like to have.

From the evolutionary point of view, once two species diverge from the common ancestor, common ancestor disappears.
Therefore, both branches will be new, we have to acknowledge this.

I am looking forward to much more economical POW: I am sick and tired buying noisy, breakable, enormous heat producing machines from the chinese monopolists. i hope that something better will come along (GPUs?) or we switch to POS.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:31:19 PM

CIA-AGENT

And who finances BTU?

It was started by volunteers and has received some community donations.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:40:17 PM

CIA-AGENT

And who finances BTU?

You mean Roger Ver and Jihan Wu?

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:42:16 PM

yes. that's two people. as long as you've got more than one then it's community time.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:59:52 PM

I still don't believe that split will happen, just some FUD to shake weak hands and we go up again. There will be no segwit nor BU

I don't believe it will happen either - I think the miners will move to just one version, in order to protect their interests

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:04:13 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 04:50:10 PM by bohr

As per Coindesk: In the event of a hardfork with BTU, major exchanges will list BTU as BTU or XBT.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-unveil-emergency-hard-fork-contingency-plan/

Let me repeat this, BTU will be an ALT COIN NOT BITCOIN!

Expect prices to drop.
This is the only thing to do if that happens, but you can rest assured that there is going to be a battle for the name bitcoin since branding is so important nowadays.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:42:21 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2017, 10:16:32 PM by notme

CIA-AGENT

And who finances BTU?

I think they may have made some donations recently, but they weren't even aware of BU until well after the EC idea was developed and implemented.  BU was born in this thread: https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16

It happened back when bitcoinxt censorship was in full force here.  It drove many of us to look for a place to discuss things openly.  Many here might recognize that thread as a continuation of a very popular one here that fell victim to the censorship.  Thankfully, that censorship has eased a bit recently.  You are seeing the results of the censorship all over the place.  Opinions have polarized and now we have severely fractured community with a lot of healing to do.

Edit: https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-64#post-2371 is the post where theZerg (the guy who actually took the initiative to fork core) committed to starting the project.  There is a lot of discussion before and after that post that will help explain the BU philosophy if anyone is interested.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 10:00:19 PM

As per Coindesk: In the event of a hardfork with BTU, major exchanges will list BTU as BTU or XBT.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-unveil-emergency-hard-fork-contingency-plan/

Let me repeat this, BTU will be an ALT COIN NOT BITCOIN!

Expect prices to drop.

I think is very bad if bitcoin can accident same ethreum, open etc and eth
i hope bitcoin still one bitcoin, not open BTU and BTC, if accident i think bitcoin price can down

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:03:47 PM

but you can rest assured that there is going to be a battle for the name bitcoin since branding sis so important nowadays.

i think it'll be pretty straightforward. if one chain dwindles to 20% or less then it's over and the victor will be bitcoin to everyone who uses it.

maybe there'll be some patent, copyright or trademark trolling from the loser. no one's gonna care.
springgers

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:06:22 PM

This is very confusing for many to see a blockchain alternative becoming an alternate coin to trade with? Angry
What is this all about now?
I can see the closest challenger to this would be ETH but they are their own calling themselves smart contracts and nothing about being a viable replacement for the current blockchain.
FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:19:27 PM

but you can rest assured that there is going to be a battle for the name bitcoin since branding sis so important nowadays.

i think it'll be pretty straightforward. if one chain dwindles to 20% or less then it's over and the victor will be bitcoin to everyone who uses it.

maybe there'll be some patent, copyright or trademark trolling from the loser. no one's gonna care.

If a fork, its more likely neither gives up and we have multiple chains as a result. Bitcoin's price will suffer and it will probably take years to straighten itself out. ETH is not a good example that people keep using. It was newer, smaller, and less known. The reason for their split was different as well. Apples and oranges.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:23:38 PM

If a fork, its more likely neither gives up and we have multiple chains as a result. Bitcoin's price will suffer and it will probably take years to straighten itself out. ETH is not a good example that people keep using. It was newer, smaller, and less known. The reason for their split was different as well. Apples and oranges.

there's more money on the line and the miners will be more desperate to keep profiting so people will flock to the chain making the most money. of course there'll be holdouts but they'll be left in the dust. maybe that'll be the real bitcoin classic.

even if it's the chain people don't want, they'll follow the profit as long as everyone else is too.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:34:33 PM

If a fork, its more likely neither gives up and we have multiple chains as a result.

Ah come on. Who here won't be selling BTU to get more BTC? You'd have to be a technological fool to hang on to BTU:

@miscreanity, even if your $988 is violated and we move lower, it could still be an accurate channel if we view BTU+BTC as a combined price. We may end up getting BTU for free which we can trade for BTC. However, it appears BTU is not going to add the necessary replay attack prevention in order to get listed on the exchanges. BTU appears to understand that their coin will be sold off as an inferior altcoin if they add replay attack prevention. Seems like they are already admitting defeat and acting desperate maniacal now.

Although nobody likes the current problem with the 1MB blocks, an unlimited blocksize is not a viable technological solution. Sorry but incompetents aren't going to be trusted to lead Bitcoin. Roger Ver and Julian Wu are not competent enough to pull off what they attempted.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:51:15 PM

Nice, i would buy BU coin for sure Roll Eyes Maybe i should buy Onecoin also  Wink. Do you guys still think if that huge scam is still avaliable? I dont see it anywhere on coinmarketcap.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:53:26 PM

Do you guys still think if that huge scam is still avaliable? I dont see it anywhere on coinmarketcap.

it's never, ever been on there. you need a real blockchain to be listed on there.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: