Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:59:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Star Trek / MONERO - RANSOMWARE  (Read 2466 times)
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:42:12 PM

I love how you make assumptions then parade them around as fact.
If i was setting up a Ransomware last little while i would probably be looking at Monero simply because the price is / was more positioned to go up than DASH that already peaked.

Because you think these guys KEEP it to "invest" ??  Grin

DASH didn't "peek".  It will go to the moon.  Being centralized, it is the perfect crypto for "investors".

Your a fervent rabid maniacal Monero shill.
You only ever comment to defend Monero.. usually by proxy for maximum deniability plausibility.
AKA: you do it all clever & shit so you can play dumb about it.
Look around ..you showed up here on this topic didn't you ?
Ding ding ding Monero topic.. out comes Dino with the usual bullshit.

What bullshit ?  That monero is about the only seriously anon coin with some volume (so that you can hide inside) ?  ZEC has also quite good anon crypto, but the fact that it is not compulsory is maybe a problem.  But I have to admit that now that the anon part went up from 6% to 29% makes it look more attractive as a respectable crypto coin.  It should have been 100%, but that's a fundamental error that the ZEC people made, but if the anon fraction remains high enough, it may be one of the other coins I technologically like.  It being a corporate coin makes me dislike it on that side, but I do appreciate the crypto part of it.

And look around you are being led around like a horse and yeah you were off-topic.. you hijacked it with an anon debate.

I didn't.  It is quite obvious that monero was picked by these people for the anon side.  Because it is a true crypto currency application, to ask for ransoms.  (whether ransomware or other ransoms).   Might be a niche for kidnapping too.  THAT is the true nature of crypto, and if you still don't get it, you'll never get it.

Yet again as you have done lots last few months.
Kinda funny you showed up not long ago and have been pounding this place with anti-law monero bullshit.
I don't recall seeing you all along with me here commenting the last 4 straight years.

Because anti-law is the only serious niche for crypto.  All other applications are not going to work out, because centralized systems are better at it.  What's the basis of crypto ?  Trustless ; decentralized.  Why do you need that ?   To not have single points of failure by mighty enemies.  What enemies ?  Violence monopolists.  Because if not, you can make a deal with the violence monopolist to protect your single point of failure by law and by police.  So the only way to NEED a trustless decentralized system is if you have to fight the violence monopolist.  Otherwise, it is wasted effort.

I love how you bend over backwards here ignoring 99.99% of everything i ever say then make arguments over unrelated bullshit like a fucking contrarian.

I can say that of you too.  I'm stating that crypto is a useless exercise if it is to be legal/law abiding/regulated.  Any centralized system with legal protection will be better.

Your incessant anti-law campaign here is tiring.. start your own topics maybe instead of spamming mine.

Because it is the only thing that makes sense in crypto.  And who started a topic about an anon coin and something illegal ? Isn't this what this thread is about ?  I just say that this is a perfectly right application of crypto.  Not more, not less.  That's what crypto is made for.  Even though most idiots in crypto don't understand it and think that it is a replacement for VISA.

If crypto can't work for this kind of niche, then crypto is entirely useless.
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 07:26:30 PM

the Kirk ransomware asks victims to pay in Monero

Finally...  Roll Eyes

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 08:15:20 PM

Spoetnik, plain and simple you're such an idiot that man can rarely encounter. Such a poltron mentality & monumental stupidity, congratulations.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:05:52 AM

Spoetnik, plain and simple you're such an idiot that man can rarely encounter. Such a poltron mentality & monumental stupidity, congratulations.

That's nice ..anything to say on the topic ?

I came here to hear YOUR opinion and chat about crypto.
I didn't get it.
All i got was an insult.
Fine, but it would behoove you to illustrate your point.

I will thank you for the opportunity to Google search the word "poltron" though..
Apparently people he thinks i am a coward.
Sure.. what ever floats your boat bud.

What i find interesting about that is it's a FRENCH reference.
Which i have pointed out how there is a French connection with Monero.
Supposedly there is 1 or 2 guys who are French that always defend Monero.
But the stats tell a different story.. it seems fair to draw a conclusion that half of all Monero shill's are french.
*IF* you actually believed all these accounts that show up are real separate people  Cheesy
And no i won't bother going through the list and naming names.. you will all lie about it anyway.
Many of you know damn well who i am talking about and some of them may be on the topic..
[NEWS] Monero David Latapie French Police Fraud [updated]

So yeah.. surprise surprise a French insult  Cheesy
Who's dumb now ? Wink
See you guys slip up time after time year after year and i am here to rub your nose in it.  Cool
No idea why but Monero seems to attract an obsessive deceitful crowd that thinks the ends justifies the means.
In other words Monero is a "good coin" there for what ever we do is justified.. you all think.
Problem is.. THAT is what makes it a bad coin in the first place.

Should i carry on trying to stay on topic and respond to more insults ?
They troll me and neg me ruining my rating and mouth me off and harass me and my topics.
And you wonder why i posted this here when i seen it browsing a tech News site ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:31:17 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-corporations-are-buying-bitcoin-to-quickly-resolve-ransomware-attacks

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
francisthecrusher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:27:35 AM

d by the FBI etc and then given and NDA.
Could there be holes in the privacy already ?
I was also thinking about Dash etc too..
Did they choose Monero for a specific reason over other anon coins ? Hmm ?

Monero is Captain Kirk approved !
And Spock (RIP) too i guess ..it's named after him.

I've seen your other posts, and I'm pretty sure I know who you are in the Dash telegram group.

It's pretty obvious what you are doing here and it's not working.

They probably used monero because, I don't know, someone intelligent enough to write ransomware is intelligent enough to see that Zcash isn't Trustless and Dash is less anonymous than Bitcoin.
kalliper

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:14:31 AM

If I be honest, this is not really a surprise. I've heard about people selling Monero RATs before on this forum. Essentially the program mines coins on the victim's computer, resulting in a botnet of Monero miner. Not really a Monero supporter, but why does it matter, these criminal activities are expected if a coin is anonymous.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:24:38 AM

Interesting story for sure.
I hope people take this threat more seriously.
I was joking before saying people should buy Monero just in case Wink

I think these Ransomware guys are 1,000x worse than any Dark Market guys.
It's one thing to be buying & selling goods with willing participants
and another to prey on people.

It always surprises me how often these guys pay the ransom.
This just gives crypto a bad name and brings heat to the scene.

@francis
I have no clue what that Dash telegram thing is.
I have had nothing to do with Dash or had any Dash coins ever.
I just post a lot that users should apply their criticism equally.
As in not ignoring what one coin does and harping on about the competitor only.

dinofelis

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:30:21 PM

Nah, ransomware is a tax on people not making backups.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:29:18 PM

I will thank you for the opportunity to Google search the word "poltron" though..
Apparently people he thinks i am a coward.
Sure.. what ever floats your boat bud.

I bet Spoetnik don't eat French Fires.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

Nah, ransomware is a tax on people not making backups.

No it's a their being a complete fuck head. I don't think the better than thou attitude should be used when someone is actively being a fuck head to strong arm your money. You know how many old people have lost precious memories due to scum like that? Fuck them.

Taxes are also there being fuck heads to strong arm your money.
user27

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:04:31 AM

In my opinion this is going to hurt real bad news for monero.

I think that Bitcoin is idea of keeping a public letter is better because there is really no point of having full anonymity it's just going to let the gangsters be the only users and promote the act of illegal good purchases.

I'd stick to bitcoin...

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:11:00 AM

See this guys shtick ? Talk about a contrarian  Cheesy
His analogies as usual fail miserably..

Infecting people with a virus so you can extort a ransom from them by holding their private data captive..
is NOT like a government tax paid that gives you GAZILLIONS of services.

Who pays for the following ?

- Fighter jets to patrol your skies.
- A Police force to catch murderers and Ransomware makers.
- A Fire dept to put out your house or forest fire.
- Roads.
- Medical..

blaaaaaah blah b;lahahahahah

Who pays for that ? Ransomware makers ?

@Febo
I like "Freedom Fires"  Cheesy
..even though they are not French LOL

Hey ..post more stupid shit guys it amuses me.

EDIT:

@user27
A key point guys like Dino forget about is crypto coins like Monero are NOT ADOPTED yet.
So we have yet to give the sales pitch that will of course have to overcome crypto's growing bad reputation.
He likes to rail on about FIAT but it's ALREADY used !
FIAT has nothing to prove.. MONERO DOES !

dinofelis

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:02:39 AM

@user27
A key point guys like Dino forget about is crypto coins like Monero are NOT ADOPTED yet.

Monero is one of the only coins having a closed form of economy.  Make ransomware, force people to pay in monero, buy drugs on dark market with it ; dark markets selling it to people needing it to pay ransomware.  

Note how close this is to fiat: states force people to pay taxes in fiat, people needing to obtain fiat, states buying "drugs and prostitutes" with it.  Real currency value.

This is a typical niche application of crypto.  Fiat can not do that.  I'm not saying it is the only niche.  I'm not saying it is a "moral" niche (haha, morality and trustlessness, big joke).  This KIND of niche is the true economic value of crypto.

FIAT has nothing to prove.. MONERO DOES !

*I* 'm the one pointing out that crypto is useless where fiat can go, and can only serve niche applications such as the one I'm pointing at.  YOU're the one shouting for "legal crypto adoption" which is totally crazy: as you say yourself, fiat proved itself, crypto not.

All non-niche crypto is just a greater-fool game.

dinofelis

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:04:35 AM

In my opinion this is going to hurt real bad news for monero.

I think that Bitcoin is idea of keeping a public letter is better because there is really no point of having full anonymity it's just going to let the gangsters be the only users and promote the act of illegal good purchases.

I'd stick to bitcoin...

Why don't you stick to fiat ?  Much better as a currency.
And, BTW, bitcoin has been the market leader as for now in ransomware.  And in dark markets.  So if this is bad publicity for monero, it is even more bad publicity for  bitcoin, no ?  Except that bitcoin is dangerous to be used that way, you need to trust tumblers...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:34:20 AM

This news here *IS* bad news.
Yes it does in a perverse way legitimize the currency.. i get it guys.
I said waaay back crypto coins will have made it when prostitutes on the street accept it or drug dealers.
And no not just dark market crap but actually people in person selling drugs on the street corner etc.

I have no problem with them using the currencies really.
If we want the mass population involved then i guess we will get criminal activity too.
Problem is i have told you all endlessly that i have talked to friends family and strangers on the street and ALL of them have bad things to say.. Bitcoin's reputation is horrible !
Many think it's dead and say ohhh that drugs and guns internet coin thingy is still going ?

So when Monero is started they had to overcome that stigma BTC created with Silk Road etc..
NOW the Monero idiots proudly brag about getting *minor Monero usage on Dark Markets.

I can't see this any way but bad (news).

So..
Why do i favor the legalization of crypto ? i said lots.. ADOPTION.

We will need the entire planets FIAT financial structure to integrate with crypto coins.
All of a sudden there is a problem !
Remember when i said laws were coming and you all mouthed me off and said.
- We don't need ties to FIAT.
- They can't stop us.

Remember all of you in the scene saying that over & over ?
Well.. Cryptsy started taking Picture ID then Poloniex and Coinbase.
Then they added US & CAN tax rules..
THEN i said "I told you so" as Ripple was Fined by FiNCEN and Localbitcoins users were arrested by the FBI in a Florida parking lot for going over the AML limits. (30k worth of BTC was sold in person)

I was right and i knew it !

And i am telling you guys you are in for a battle and if you want to fight then fine but that is not a good way to get mass adoption.
For one thing most of the world doing business can not integrate with crypto coins because if they violate their own countries financial laws then forget it.
Is the Royal bank of Canada going to integrate Monero transfers ?
Fucking hell no.. NEVER !

Financial people were talked to in my town in the Newspaper 1 year ago when they did a story on Bitcoin.
(90% wanted nothing to do with it and 1 guy admitted he dabbled in it but would not tell his colleagues etc about it because it is deemed highly sketchy shit. (he did not want his name published)
Crypto crap is not something professionals talk about publicly.
It's not a giggle factor it's a sleazy sketchy pyramid scheme drugs & guns and RANSOMWARE factor.

I am one of the few people here feeding you all the truth.
I don't live in some fantasy world like some of you.
What is important here is the causalities are going to mount in this war.
Exchanges vanishing with money after getting legal pressure should be the norm.
Many of them are govt compliant as it is already so what are you defending ?
Cryptsy said they lied to users and made up excuses then locked peoples accounts and then handed their info etc off to the fed's.. so what you all do ?
You brag about Dark Market usage then hand Polo your ID and buy Monero "Anon" coins.

..good luck with that  Cheesy

dinofelis

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:33:35 AM

Why do i favor the legalization of crypto ? i said lots.. ADOPTION.

But Spoetnik, the real question to you is: why do you want to favor adoption of crypto ?

Suppose that I was saying: "I want pink noise to be integrated with the music industry, because I want greater adoption of pink noise listening".

Would that make sense ?  Why would I want people to listen to pink noise ?  Maybe I'm selling pink noise.  That would be a motive.  Maybe politically, I want pink noise to rule the world.  That also makes sense.

But why would you want people to adopt crypto, and bitcoin in particular ?  What good does that bring ?  To you ?  To people ?

I don't want crypto adoption for crypto adoption.  I think that crypto is great for those things were legal money cannot go, and as I think it is important that a lot of illegal things can happen, I think crypto is great, for that purpose.  

But you ?  Why would you want crypto adoption ?  What good does it bring ? If it goes where legal payments also go, what good is it ?  LIke what good is it to make people listen to pink noise if they listen already to music ?

dinofelis

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:35:37 AM

You would be complaining if there was no public schools, no street lights, no maintained roads and so forth.

No.  I want these things abolished.  That's why I like crypto.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:56:47 AM

Dino if it's not used ..it's not a currency Wink

Why do i personally want adoption ? Interesting !
I had to think for a minute and i'd say because of the advancement of humanity.
When i seen Bitcoin and Grid Coin and Prime Coin etc i thought ok shit.. this could change humanity.

I have said lots before i always envisioned a digital currency that was tied *somehow* to doing a productive task vs mining burning up electricity for pretty much no good reason. (see Bitcoin LOL)
If we had a world wide grid of mining computer hardware that got a block reward or something in exchange for farming out the computer power i see that as an advancement for humanity.
If ALL users on earth were backing it we could have a lot of computer power combined.
Then if all that computer power was used to to do an extra scientific task over-top of the currency aspect then hell win/win right ?

Problem i see though is getting it done.
So far people are not interested in currencies.. they are interested in "penny stocks" in unregulated crypto markets.
I think people were in the past idealistic and optimistic but it waned and faded.
People can debate if it's better now than day mid-2013 but i say it's way worse.
We have believers replaced with profiteers.

We have projects like what i mentioned above ignored because *fast* profits dried up.
Prime Coin from SunnyKing was a rising star here and i got on it a bit late but..
It WAS big for a while.. it got a market on Cryptsy for example.

You see the shift in crypto overall ?
NOW we have profit mongers asking what gives me money ...and fast ?

Anyway i mentioned in my last comment what i think the problem is.
Take again the Royal Bank of Canada.. will they ever have anything to do with Monero ?
Nope.
Bitcoin ? that is an actual possibility (far more so than dedicated Anon coins)
The Bitcoin mixers are wise thing.. having that separate is a smart decision i think.

Why do YOU want crypto coins to succeed ? Profits ?
I'd like to see advancement.. I'd like to see a currency ..used as a currency  Shocked  Cheesy

@Dino
No offense but i still think you are awful with analogies Wink

PS:
Dino i have no interest in destabilizing humanity by destroying the existing financial structure.
..like YOU do !
I like my paved roads and don't mind paying my taxes.
And i am not just saying that so i don't get put on a watch list ROFL  Cheesy

Dino you have railed on lots saying FIAT should be destroyed and no taxes / governments type crap..
Uhhh dude ?
Just what would that look like ?

cryptonia

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:12:38 AM

I am supporting Ransomware
I knew it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print