Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan quits steem then steem goes x4 ?? interesting  (Read 1720 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:38:05 AM

I hope you've listened to my advice. Did you ?

I didn't because i am not "here for money"  Roll Eyes
I don't preach crypto-idealism then wait for you all to look away.

The crux of what you proposed to him is.. does he think ETH is a scammy coin ? worthy of investment ?
Does he have morals ? Do you ?

The answer is no.

It has been proven that Steem was a vile rigged pyramid scheme coin and yet Shelby gladly participated and was not long ago posting Steem links around the forum here.. for profit $$$
If i looked would i find him criticizing the Steem coin ?

A scene full of hypocritical cock-roaches scurrying around fer teh ROI'z is all i see.

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:46:16 AM

Latest info i've read was late march.

Miners don't care about long term if they sell right away. They didn't activate segwit because they could lose short term profits, even though it could take btc to 2k.

http://raiden.network/
https://medium.com/@brainbot/update-from-the-raiden-team-on-development-process-announcement-of-raidex-6c94b4edcf73#.2s8cxvfbe

Some chart analysis seems to indicate ETH is undergoing a pump for the following reasons and could reach $200. I've traded some BTC to ETH because:

1. Appears likely ETH will be first to ship some sort of beta for a Lightning Networks instant transactions clone. Although LN (and also Ethereum's Raiden) requires centralized hubs (for any reasonable usability and scaling) and thus aren't generalized instant txns (i.e. can't do what my OpenShare project will do), they will fool the n00bs and there will be a lot of hype value.

2. Numerous ETH smart contract Dapp ICOs underway, driving demand for ETH (at least until those ICO devs cash out to BTC but they will likely hold during the current ETH rocket shot because of #1).

3. Hedge against the current Bitcoin Unlimited fiasco, which is creating a confidence problem for Bitcoin near-term (might cause Bitcoin to waffle for a while?). I believe others will also want to hedge BTC and the above #1 and #2 adds reasoning to diversify into ETH.

I still don't think Ethereum can scale decentralized (Casper is technological junk), but it doesn't matter because the FOMO fever of greater fools will be intensified by the hype value. And I don't think Ethereum smart contract apps will attain any real world adoption, rather their only utility is as speculator gambling tokens. Nevertheless the FOMO hype contagion is going to very intense. So this appears to be the best altcoin to diversify into. ETH is following DASH's recent to-da-moon chart pattern. It is just time.

This doesn't change the viability of my project at all. My project comes in the next wave (later in 2017 hopefully).
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:12:29 AM

It has been proven that Steem was a vile rigged pyramid scheme coin and yet Shelby gladly participated and was not long ago posting Steem links around the forum here.. for profit $$$

I was able to cash out ~$6000 of earnings from blogging on Steem (which has sustained me during this years when I was ill with disseminated Tuberculosis and didn't even know which illness I had), which also dovetailed with my research about decentralization. So it was very productive use of my time. Also I still hold 5421 STEEM as a hedge against if Steem actually got their head-out-of-their-ass and promoted their scaling advantages (which are superior to both Dash and Ethereum).

You are still on ignore (not because I dislike you as a human being actually you are often cordial, but because you violated all your own principles by going easy on Dash recently and because you waste my very scarce time with the frequent defense against your ad hominem attacks about actions, motives, etc ... so it is more productive if I don't even know what you are writing about me), but I saw someone quoted your comment in another thread, where you made this same accusation against me.

Most of us are here for a combination of profit and trying to appeal to our idealism about decentralization. Most of us are losing some of our enthusiasm about whether decentralization can really be obtained. But the Internet should be our inspirational example, that maybe it can be achieved. The YUGE distinction is that the Internet is not a total ordering and consensus is. So that is where the centralization always creeps in (via economies-of-scale).

I am not just working on decentralization of consensus systems. My work also includes improvements to the JavaScript ecosystem designing a new transpiler for an improved mainstream programming language. I continue to try to generate value for humanity and earn a living while doing so. I reject your Communism.
Triload

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

Quite unbelievable, Dan is a genius dev, he has developed BTS and STEEM, but after his resignation, people seemed to be very happy. Strange, lol.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: