Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the split and when?  (Read 1448 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:43:45 AM

OMG, thanks to this post OP, and to the comments to this post.. Now I know the reason whats behind the huge fall of Bitcoin. Now should I stay as BTC or stay as BTU.

Without a doubt protect your btc and mine a non BU pool.

unless of course you want Bitcoin to scale on the main chain with bigger blocks... or you think Segwit is too complicated or risky... or you think the Core team shouldn't be in charge of Bitcoin's scalability roadmap any longer since they've failed so miserably...

...in which case you might want to mine a BU pool.

I dont see how you can say they have failed it so miserably considering when you got up this morning your btc that you have was worth over $1200 us dollars a coin.

I guess if you like the recent network congestions, high fees, refusing to increase beyond 1mb so far, tens of thousands of lines of code "segwit", and insisting "our roadmap is the one true correct way" while a huge portion of the community disagrees to the point where a network split becomes a real possibility, then they've done a fantastic job.

cosmicblue

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:44:04 AM

Splitting is just pointless and doesn't accomplish anything for the good of bitcoin.

Just look at eth and etc for ethereum it just made it crippled and that is what it will do to the bitcoin core if bitcoin unlimited was let loose to do what they are doing.

Big dom the donkey destroyer.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:40:48 PM

The hard fork supporters believes after the hard fork, it will be two chain.The two chains can have below properties:
The hard fork can create new chain then old chain ,then the new chain have new parameters and old chain have old parameters.The hard fork supporters believe in new chain can take over all controls of old chain and it can make it old chain useless.But,hard fork supporters forgot something,the new chain can't perform like old chain,because,miners will left with bitcoin,this would make bitcoin fees high. so,bitcoin unlimited miners will get low coins. so,they are definitely move to old block chain.if this will happen, the bitcoin price once again up and down. So,hard fork can't stop the original chain.And now a days the Block size is the on going big issue.
PurpleDog (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:21:05 PM

What are the SegWit and Bitcoin Ulimited? Miner groups?  Huh

Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 01:16:52 PM

Segwit is the protocol if you will that is put out by the people at the head of bitcoin (the developers and people that put out bitcoin-qt).  BU is a protocol that has been put out by a group that is trying to take over bitcoin. 

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:34:30 PM

Those are just terms flying around at this time and everyone is confused ,hope you have noticed that the transaction fees have increased and the delay in takes also increase it is because of the increased traffic and for that we have to alter the core software and we have two popular methods to do so,In simple words Segwit tries to upgrade the protocol with a simple soft fork while Bitcoin Unlimited will replace the protocol and removes the block size limit.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:41:54 PM

Come one. It seems like you were new to the dump and pump situation of the bitcoin price theories may be right but it is what it is  so we just have to use it properly and take advantage on it
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:50:26 PM

Well,it looks like that's the perfect reason for BTC to be dropped little by little to it's last level.The split is going to cause big chaos,with people from both sides holding strong and supporting BTC or BTU,however this scenario may be dismissed as now there is not enough support for BTU.We are just experiencing the consequences of the rumours on the BTC price
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: