Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A bad time to buy Bitcoins?  (Read 789 times)
Galahad (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:57:33 PM

I've always wanted to buy Bitcoins but found that buying them was too difficult before. Things have eased up now and there are lots of ways of buying them. But with the recent crash lots of people are talking about everyone selling them. But I don't really get this. If the price has crashed wouldn't people be buying now to benefit from the lower exchange rate? Why sell when the price has already fallen? Are they afraid of further crashes or have they lost faith in Bitcoins altogether? With the verification process taking too long the price has already grown substantially meaning I will get a lot less coins than I would about a week ago.

Anyway, is my decision to buy now a bad one? Are there other factors I should be aware of that I haven't taken into consideration?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slv400

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:01:54 PM

I would wait a week or so
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:08:01 PM

Anyway, is my decision to buy now a bad one? Are there other factors I should be aware of that I haven't taken into consideration?

Bitcoin is under the pressure of govt right now. The price can go down as it was 18 months ago. I would wait.
Bitco¡n

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

Anyway, is my decision to buy now a bad one?
I'd say go for it.  In my opinion they're undervalued right now.
Bitco¡n

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:10:54 PM

Bitcoin is under the pressure of govt right now.
Which one?
billionaire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:11:41 PM

Im waiting and just building up ltc to eventually sell for btc. Although yesterdays ddos only brought btc down to 98 very briefly, I would still wait for several more days before I purchased for 100 or more bucks
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:15:35 PM

There has never been a truly bad time to buy bitcoin, but I'm holding out for now, at least until after the client-upgrade deadline of 15 May.

In this market I wouldn't like to predict short-term price movement. It could go anywhere/nowhere.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
ungirt

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:18:06 PM

If you're buying to spend, then now's as good a time as any. If you're buying to invest then essentially you're gambling and no one really knows whether the price will go up or go down. You'd be gutted if you didn't buy and in a few months they were at $200+ again. You'd also be gutted if you did buy and next week they were at $50. Both those scenarios are as likely as the other really.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:18:32 PM

Bitcoin is under the pressure of govt right now.
Which one?

FinCEN regulation. Shutdown of BTC24. FUD in different medias.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

FinCEN's announcement didn't really spring any surprises.

Banksters/AML compliance probably caused the aforementioned exchanges to have their fiat feeder A/Cs frozen.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
teriaki

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

I've always wanted to buy Bitcoins but found that buying them was too difficult before. Things have eased up now and there are lots of ways of buying them. But with the recent crash lots of people are talking about everyone selling them. But I don't really get this. If the price has crashed wouldn't people be buying now to benefit from the lower exchange rate?
This all depends on what people are planning on using them for.

Why sell when the price has already fallen? Are they afraid of further crashes or have they lost faith in Bitcoins altogether?
Some may be trying to hold on to profits, or minimize losses by selling this low.  Everyone always has circumstances.

With the verification process taking too long the price has already grown substantially meaning I will get a lot less coins than I would about a week ago.

This doesn't make any sense.  Whose verification process?  For what?

Trying to time a market is foolish.  If you believe they are going to go up, buy.  If you have something you want to purchase with them, buy and make your purchase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: