Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Former CIA director: 'We kill people based on metadata'  (Read 457 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:30:21 PM

Former CIA director: 'We kill people based on metadata'

"Of course knowing the content of a call can be crucial to establishing a particular threat. But metadata alone can provide an extremely detailed picture of a person's most intimate associations and interests, and it's actually much easier as a technological matter to search huge amounts of metadata than to listen to millions of phone calls. As NSA General Counsel Stewart Baker has said, 'metadata absolutely tells you everything about somebody's life. If you have enough metadata, you don't really need content.'

Read more at http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.ca/2017/03/former-cia-director-we-kill-people.html.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeanShow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:34:46 PM

"Of course knowing the content of a call can be crucial to establishing a particular threat. But metadata alone can provide an extremely detailed picture of a person's most intimate associations and interests, and it's actually much easier as a technological matter to search huge amounts of metadata than to listen to millions of phone calls. As NSA General Counsel Stewart Baker has said, 'metadata absolutely tells you everything about somebody's life. If you have enough metadata, you don't really need content.'

Read more at http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.ca/2017/03/former-cia-director-we-kill-people.html.

Cool
It doesn't bother me. The main thing that such methods are not used to fight the opposition. While I have not seen such in America. This is only in Russia. I hope that the Americans know what to do.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 02:32:56 AM

Here in our country it's not admissible,you can go to jail if you intercept data without a court order,even the cia version here in our country are not allowed to intercept data,is our democratic law better than the americans,it should not be allowed at all.

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

The problem is, how do they define a "threat"? Shot people? So they are just going to shot without actually piling up evidence as well? I don't know if these "metadata" can be used in court. Looking more and more like a police state. The problem is that since no one knows how much they can find out about people and the extent of these operation, we can't tell if they are actually using this just for security or something else. The state don't always have the people's best interest in mind.

Here in our country it's not admissible,you can go to jail if you intercept data without a court order,even the cia version here in our country are not allowed to intercept data,is our democratic law better than the americans,it should not be allowed at all.

That is, if you can prove they've been wiretapping you. Never underestimate the power government can exert. You'd probably never know they've been listening until they use the date accumulated against you.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:52:42 AM

Cool

We are now living in a world where technology is very sophisticated and our lives as well as our work is now dependent on computers and programs.  The only problem with the software of the CIA is not the system itself but rather on the verification of the metadata. Once a data was placed inside the software even if it was not carefully checked or verified the system will deem it correct and classified. If lazy people will feed wrong data then someone will be killed due to this loopholes.
air-platform

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 11:11:41 PM

This is why we need to be able to take control of our identities and limit what we share and who we share it with.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:08:26 AM

The more serious problem for people like that is not that they go through others' mail, but that they kill people because of it. First they should be held accountable for killings done in the name of a state, then for attacks on individuals liberties.

There will always be people who had deprived childhoods and did not get to play cops and robbers or spygames when they were children, so the make up for it at as adults at the expense of society.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with national security.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:26:24 PM

More reasons to avoid leaving metadata. I've used a smartphone for months without a SIM card, and now that I've got 2, my mobile data is always set at OFF, and  I only turn on wifi when I need it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: