Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidX , SEC verdict 30th March  (Read 1351 times)
btcmerich (OP)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:31:02 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 11:55:38 PM by btcmerich

We all know the twins ETF got rejected.  But we do not talk about what SolidX got going for it compared to ETF.

wanker twins own alot of bitcoin and i am sure SEC were thinking this would make them partial and would also make it easier for price manipulation for their ETC on SEC.  SolidX do not own any Bitcoins so they are not partial and less risk for SEC

Twins ETF COIN is based on WINDEX index but SolidX is not. Twins ETF use their own Gemeni Exchange to set portfolio value. Again another chance for price manipulation.  SolidX is more open and diversified using indipendent and respected services to buy and sell and store Bitcoins and tracking prices/Value. Als their Bitcoin holdings will be insured for 125M USD! that is for 1M initial offering.

there might be a small chance SolidX might have a shot.  

What you germs and ladies think?

EDIT: had to add several other points that shows SolidX has things going for it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:38:03 PM

it's a 100% no. there's absolutely nothing solidx can change about the main things the sec objected to. the rejection was all about the overall state of the bitcoin market.

i am interested to know why they haven't withdrawn it.
btcmerich (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:42:01 PM

it's a 100% no. there's absolutely nothing solidx can change about the main things the sec objected to. the rejection was all about the overall state of the bitcoin market.

Yes,  reason they gave us for rejection was regulation. I think it was just the reason that was easiest to present. They couldnt say , We do not trust the twins because they sit on shitloads of bitcoin.  

I think SolidX has better " case " going for it but  it is 99% sure it will be rejected.  Now as you said why did they not withdraw and why do we not have hype of solidx pushing the price up
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:55:24 PM

While the majority of the people here don't even bet a single penny on the approval of the SolidX ETF, SolidX itself from here has nothing to lose. Maybe they even have certain hopes since this ETF enjoys a great level of fund insurance that the SEC might take that into consideration when it comes to making a final decision. I just don't understand why the Winklevoss brothers didn't offer any sort of insurance to its potential investors.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:58:00 PM

I think it was just the reason that was easiest to present.

it also makes total sense. they're duty bound to turn down something unless they have the full ability to do the job they were created to do.
btcmerich (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:59:13 PM

While the majority of the people here don't even bet a single penny on the approval of the SolidX ETF, SolidX itself from here has nothing to lose. Maybe they even have certain hopes since this ETF enjoys a great level of fund insurance, that the SEC might take that into consideration when it comes to making a final decision. I just don't understand why the Winklevoss brothers didn't offer any sort of insurance to its potential investors.

right on , you did say something important there. SolidX offers 125M insurance on 1M initial offering .  I think SEC are going to look at Solidx with diffrent eyes .  Also do not forget about the bitcoin investment trust , they got listed .
btcmerich (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:14:17 AM

Bit Off topic but  seconds after i started this thread Bitcoin gained around 40 USD . So you are welcome fellow bitcoiners Wink
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:20:15 AM

While the majority of the people here don't even bet a single penny on the approval of the SolidX ETF, SolidX itself from here has nothing to lose. Maybe they even have certain hopes since this ETF enjoys a great level of fund insurance that the SEC might take that into consideration when it comes to making a final decision. I just don't understand why the Winklevoss brothers didn't offer any sort of insurance to its potential investors.
This is free advertising. They were a less known project than ETF and whatever the ruling might be some services and newspapers will talk about and increase the awareness.
Sec is like a drivers license exam, you can improve and apply again, until you finally make it and even if you don't it's still worth a try.
btcmerich (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:23:07 AM

This is free advertising. They were a less known project than ETF and whatever the ruling might be some services and newspapers will talk about and increase the awareness.
Sec is like a drivers license exam, you can improve and apply again, until you finally make it and even if you don't it's still worth a try.

right, and the same free advertising will apply to bitcoin.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3860

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:11:14 AM

there might be a small chance SolidX might have a shot.  

What you germs and ladies think?

EDIT: had to add several other points that shows SolidX has things going for it

in my opinion, close to zero chance, unless Zuck himsllf called in and specifically told them not approve COIN just to mess with twins one more time, but then he, Bill gates , Musk., Tim cook etc all called in and requested solid X to be approved.
then, maybe..but what is a chance of that happening?
None, realistically.
In fact, i don't want btc being mixed up with fiat world like this anymore for at least another decade.
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:34:52 AM

SEC will probably reject it. What make it a worthy proposition or not is if there is risks for the insitutional traders, and as of today, there is, as from what we saw, some FUDders can spread a great panic in a matter of hours.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:26:07 AM

There's no way it'll be approved...so it will be approved  Grin

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:34:01 AM

For the COIN ETF SEC was specifically ruling on a rule change to the BATS exchange rules.

Do we know specifically what the SEC will be ruling on for the SolidX ETF application?

Start here to know how it might be different from COIN debacle.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

Insuring funds might help in convincing the SEC as they obviously look to protect investors, but against what scenarios are they exactly insured? Theft? Volatility? Manipulation?

I can't seem to find any article stating what kind of insurance it is. Either way, it will just slightly increase their chances, but I am afraid it is headed towards rejection anyway as it comes too soon after the WV ETF.

But oh boy, how will the WV twins wake up finding out that it did get approved, lol. It will be a mega blow in their face.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
btcmerich (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

what is solidx, quality same with ETF
i think after SEC rejected propasal about bitcoin, another company or institution must wait, until all the deficiencies that caused SEC refused to refine,
without refine i think aboulutely SEC rejected again

well , SolidX has alot of advantages on twins ETF as i did point out in OP. I will not base my BTC trades on the solidx upcoming verdict cause i belive it will be rejected but i find solidx somehow more SEC friendly setup. offering Insurance being none partial
Orielres

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

There are two reasons why the twin ETF was rejected. The situation has not changed in the last 20 days.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:45:18 AM

There are two reasons why the twin ETF was rejected. The situation has not changed in the last 20 days.

If solidx is approved the twins should sue the SEC because there would be something screwy going on. The SEC shouldn't approve any ETF for the reasons they cited for rejecting COIN.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

I thought maybe the WinkVii had the best chance, considering their due diligence, wealth and connections. 

But alas, the SEC showed their hand and revealed the true nature of how the State feels moving forward:
"Cryptocurrencies can't be surveilled and controlled by the State." Feature, not a bug.

So I think this and any other ETF applicants will be DOA.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:36:39 PM

Are people really delusional enough to think that there are actual reasons the ETF got denied beyond the single fact that they cannot control bitcoin and it's transactions?

None of this will get approved, even worse, in the upcoming years exchanges will lose their licenses and ahut down. Trump also has made clear atatements about this.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:14:06 PM

If anything, the reasons for the denial of the COIN ETF rule chance have only gotten worse (centralization, large players, inability to control and report).  All ETFs are dead on arrival for at least this year - maybe 2018/2019 will be possible.

All depends on what BTC (or BTC/BTU) look like in the months/years ahead.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██