Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testnet Bitcoins (TBC) Quadruple in Difficulty  (Read 1015 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:31:03 AM

Since last week, the difficulty on Bitcoin Testnet has quadrupled. Seems like people are taking to heart the idea of Testnet bitcoins as being the true Alt-Coin.

Important to note- developers can always use Testnet-in-a-box http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/testnet-in-a-box/ if they need access to controlled low difficulty bitcoin testnet. So mining testnet bitcoins should not cause any developers any problems.

more or less retired.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:37:34 AM

TIAB never worked for me...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:21:49 AM

Really? What problems did you have?

more or less retired.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:13:34 AM

are people like gavin anderson aware people are pointing large hash rates at the testnet for bitcoin?.... not wanting to stir up trouble or tell people what they can and can't do... but i seem to remember a little while ago reading somewhere that testnet for bitcoins is for developers to test changes to their code and needs to not have its difficulty thrown through the roof or it upsets the developers as they can't test for bugs... not sure where i read the post, but thought it worth the mention.

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:25:12 PM

are people like gavin anderson aware people are pointing large hash rates at the testnet for bitcoin?.... not wanting to stir up trouble or tell people what they can and can't do... but i seem to remember a little while ago reading somewhere that testnet for bitcoins is for developers to test changes to their code and needs to not have its difficulty thrown through the roof or it upsets the developers as they can't test for bugs... not sure where i read the post, but thought it worth the mention.

FuzzyBear

Indeed, thats why they developed the private "testnet-in-a-box" application where you can set up your own testnet and thus not have to worry about difficulty swings on the public-testnet.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/testnet-in-a-box/

:-)

more or less retired.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:40:22 PM

how much is a TBC worth?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:05:41 PM

Really? What problems did you have?
The first instance accepts connections from the other ones, but those display no connection at all (even though the first instance says it's connected to peers)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:06:10 PM

how much is a TBC worth?
Zero
That's the point...

VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:55:26 AM

how much is a TBC worth?

Minimum difficulty of 1.0 on testnet is equal to difficulty of 0.5 on mainnet. This means that the mainnet-equivalent of any testnet difficulty is half the testnet difficulty.
In addition if no block has been found in 20 minutes, the difficulty automatically resets back to the minimum.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: