Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to the space  (Read 1166 times)
ekoice (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:33:44 AM

NASA is developing a strategic plan to send humans to Mars.Bitcoin friendly companies like the SpaceX and Virgin Galactic lead the space industry.Founder of these companies has announced that space tourists will be able to pay for their tours in bitcoins.Isnt it a great recognition to bitcoin in the whole universe?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:50:33 AM

Bitcoin itself as a protocol will evolve. Many people forget the simple fact that it is a protocol first and the money part just happens to be the first app written over it. Think of it like the Netscape browser written for (predominantly) HTTP. It was good at its time, but then other browsers took the mantle and Netscape was dethroned. The same analogy
could apply to bitcoins (the money). It could be dethroned and for all we know Dogecoin or Litecoin could prevail.
The Buying process of Bitcoins will have to be made much more simpler than it is at present. All indications point that the process will get more streamlined, so buying bitcoins will be an easy task.
In most countries (US included), companies that trade Bitcoins onto the local currency would be regulated. More exchange companies will mushroom.
Acceptance. Until and unless Buyers keep pressing / asking Merchant to accept Bitcoins, merchants will be oblivious to the demand. If you walk into a store and ask if they accept Bitcoins and they answer No, this is the expected answer. Repeat this scenario with 10 other Buyers asking the same and the Merchant will think differently. They just might start looking at Bitcoin acceptance.
Much of the developed world where payment systems that enable instantaneous person-to-person payment are not available, would love to adopt Bitcoin. The barriers are the regulators and the almost near vacuum of local Bitcoin exchanges. Look at India - no exchange in India. Same can be said of Pakistan, Bangladesh, GCC, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand (though there are a few players in Thailand who are selling Bitcoins), North Africa, etc. There is a very large population that simply does not have access to buying bitcoins. Since they cannot buy it - they cannot trade with it. This will be changing in the coming months/years.
Volatility will minimize. I won't say it will disappear, the public at large is too sensitive to everything the media spews out relating to Bitcoins.
Arbitrage will almost be negligible.
You will see the movement pickup speed with a few authoritative anchor users accepting Bitcoins. (See this excellent article by our resident Payments Maestro
Brian Roemmele - Starbucks To Accept Bitcoin In 2014. by Brian Roemmele on Accepting Payments ).
As more and more larger corporations start offering Bitcoin as a payment alternative, many companies waiting in the shadows will jump onto the bandwagon. This chain-reaction trigger is very important for Bitcoin to survive. Many are waiting for the trigger.
I don't think the price for the next 2-3 years will break $5,000 (the expectation of it going to $25,000 to $500,00 - will be bad for Bitcoins in my opinion, too many speculative money will enter the ecosystem, which will cause regulators to clamp down hard on Bitcoin). My personal estimation is that it will hover between $1,000 to $2,500 (for the next 24 months at least).
Acceptance of Bitcoin as an alt. currency in developing countries would be very important (as opposed to outright banning it). I however, have my reservations on this. The regulators in the developing have a very myopic vision when it comes to alternative currencies. Such obtuse undertaking will kill Bitcoin (in a legal manner) in the developing world.
The market capitalization indicates in some manner that the currency is now too big to collapse (not that it cannot happen), by a measure of its own self, it will most likely survive.
Bitcoin will be featured regularly in the Remittance World (a sure sign of its success would be the World Bank reporting remittance figures on the Bitcoin platform) - How this will be done, is debatable and questionable, but I'm leaning in as a proponent.
Snap Payments with Bitcoins for Websites, Freelancers, etc. would be enabled. This means, very quickly accepting $25 in Bitcoins, which are in turn converted to Euros and available in your pre-paid Debit Card (all by inserting some simple code on your website to accept the payment). Think
BitPay or Coinbase on steroids, globally.
Currency Brokers will be trading and dealing with Bitcoins more regularly.
Bitcoin exchanges in the West (perhaps US, or UK) will prosper and take over in volume (provided international clients are allowed to hop in and trade).
Incorporation of Bitcoin payments within Social Media would be the norm. You would definitely see native or plug-in based activity around Bitcoin. Think Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Apps not related to money, but related to the open-ledger system of the Bitcoin protocol will start emerging. I'm absolutely lost when it comes to giving such examples, but I am sure, someone out there is thinking of a kick-ass way of using the Bitcoin protocol and building a non-payment app on top of it.
Currencies based on the Bitcoin protocol or modified protocol, will start seeing a market themselves for specific purposes. It could very well be that Litecoin might dominate the Remittance market, or changing Linden Dollars to Litecoin. Or Mastercoin is used on boards like Warrior Forum or Digital Point (the Affiliate Marketing Ecosystem) or Peercoin is what is most accepted and traded in South Asia or South America. Such patterns and/or segmentation may very well emerge.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:28:20 AM

Founder of these companies has announced that space tourists will be able to pay for their tours in bitcoins.Isnt it a great recognition to bitcoin in the whole universe?
Do you have source to this? haven't heard about them accepting bitcoin for prebooking tours to space before.
However this is really good for bitcoin adoption, if it is true.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:53:41 AM

NASA is developing a strategic plan to send humans to Mars.Bitcoin friendly companies like the SpaceX and Virgin Galactic lead the space industry.Founder of these companies has announced that space tourists will be able to pay for their tours in bitcoins.Isnt it a great recognition to bitcoin in the whole universe?

It would be really funny to watch how the bitcoin price collapse after those space tourists pay for their tours.
SpaceX accepting btc?I`ve never heard that E.Musk is very bitcoin friendly.
This isn`t recognition in the whole universe.Other civilizations will never use bitcoin.Only the human kind will.   

Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:11:35 AM

Is this for real, where's the link of the story? That some kind of a rare story, I didn't even know there is a kind of services being offered like space tours. I guess that would be too expensive, but honestly though it could be a great improvement, I am more interested on humans using bitcoin for their daily wants and in needs in life, to use bitcoin like fiat.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:24:26 AM

Yes you should put the source of this news. But I do have an idea about this but that is by sending out satellites for bitcoin. But it's better to be sure and kindly put the source of sit so that we can be reliable with this source. If this is for real, this is a very good update and we are surely going to see bitcoin literally fly to the moon.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:54:02 AM

The idea is good and it also serves as an advertisement to bitcoin but the authenticity is not yet validated. Whether this is a press release or fake news, I hope this will be materialize. Bitcoin has become a de facto virtual currency if this happens.

Open for Campaigns
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:43:20 AM

It would be really funny to watch how the bitcoin price collapse after those space tourists pay for their tours.
SpaceX accepting btc?I`ve never heard that E.Musk is very bitcoin friendly.
This isn`t recognition in the whole universe.Other civilizations will never use bitcoin.Only the human kind will.   

*breathes in* what did I just read...First of all, how will the price fall if it's circulated? And are you implying that not only do aliens exist, but they won't use Bitcoin??? lol
tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:36:04 AM

This is an interesting idea. However, the protocol may need to modify slightly to take into consideration of the delays in communication due to the long distance.

For example, Earth-Moon communication delay via radiowave is 1.3 seconds; Earth-Mars is 3 to 21 minutes (depending on the distance); Earth-Pluto is about 5 hours... some of these delays are longer than 1 (or many) confirmation time. This may result in serious issues in maintaining the syncronised chain and double-spending problems.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:41:22 AM

Is this true, you could have added a link atleast so it will help users read the details and more get more information. Going into space is one dream all would like to fulfil once in their lifetime. I really would not mind spending all my money in Bitcoin if I get a chance to go to space. So how much do you think I will need to make sure I can go into space. And how will they fix a price what if btc breaks or rises then what will they consider. I wish the Op throws some information. And I am sure Bitcoin will get more recognition if this does happen.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:40:24 AM

This is an interesting idea. However, the protocol may need to modify slightly to take into consideration of the delays in communication due to the long distance.

For example, Earth-Moon communication delay via radiowave is 1.3 seconds; Earth-Mars is 3 to 21 minutes (depending on the distance); Earth-Pluto is about 5 hours... some of these delays are longer than 1 (or many) confirmation time. This may result in serious issues in maintaining the syncronised chain and double-spending problems.

Eventually, the expansion of space time would separate bitcoin into different uncontactable networks. If you haven't realised what the big crunch looks like yet, you could take the view that one hell of a massive chain reorganisation could eventually take place.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:33:05 PM

Is this true ? If yes this is a good news, those rich people who want to travel to Mars would certainly agree with this idea. because bitcoin payments is very easy for large value transactions.
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:44:51 PM

Is this true? I have never read anything before about such things; even, tours of outer space are still a thing that has not happened, it's just a project being developed, I do not think They offer payment methods before the end of the design project. Any corporation that offers payment after the completion of the project, they only give the estimated amount. So, we need a reliable link to learn it. Please give us, we do not want to hear anything that you made up.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:39:21 PM

Please click the below links for more details.
   http://www.space.com/23732-virgin-galactic-bitcoin-spaceflight-payments.html
   http://business.time.com/2013/11/22/you-can-now-pay-for-your-rocket-trip-to-space-using-fake-money/
   https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/bitcoins-in-space
   https://www.wired.com/2013/11/virgin_gallactic/
   https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-winklevoss-twins-are-using-their-bitcoins-to-go-to-space

positivezero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:53:06 PM

Is that really possible to make ? i mean, i can't really imagine if NASA has a plan to send humans going to Mars for bitcoin but it was just my opinion though, well i have no idea about that. But if some of it given the chance to make then why not? great opportunity and an honor to make that kind of things. For sure, many people would love to try to go to Mars and paid by bitcoins
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:26:20 PM

I think that payment in bitcoin is being accepted for the trip but I don't think, in case this is true, that you will pay with bitcoin during the trip.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

Founder of these companies has announced that space tourists will be able to pay for their tours in bitcoins.Isnt it a great recognition to bitcoin in the whole universe?
Do you have source to this? haven't heard about them accepting bitcoin for prebooking tours to space before.
However this is really good for bitcoin adoption, if it is true.

I have read that article for about 5 days ago and yes it is true. Below is the direct link to that story:
https://news.bitcoin.com/do-you-think-theyll-use-the-us-dollar-on-mars/
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

If that would be true to space tourist pay for their trips in bitcoins that would be in all news. Even now there are not so many attention to bitcoin on news.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:00:28 PM

It is good ideas developing bitcoin become payment method for tour on space, if it can be embodied
bitcoin will become more famous to rich people,
so bitcoin doesn't be used for payment method online shops, but it be used for vacation on space too,
after city of bitcoin tour use bitcoin as payment method become good ideas for growing of bitcoin.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:23:47 PM

It is good ideas developing bitcoin become payment method for tour on space, if it can be embodied
bitcoin will become more famous to rich people,
so bitcoin doesn't be used for payment method online shops, but it be used for vacation on space too,
after city of bitcoin tour use bitcoin as payment method become good ideas for growing of bitcoin.

If this is so then literally, bitcoin is going to the moon and space. We all know that the payment for this will be very expensive and only the elite can afford it using bitcoin. If bitcoin will be going to use as payment method, then I think a lot of those who want to travel will buy bitcoin and the price of bitcoin will sore to new heights in the coming years.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: