Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers on Local Bitcoins?  (Read 488 times)
bcw (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:07:41 PM

Anyone else seen a massive influx of spammers/scammers on localbitcoins today?

I've had half a dozen new users (signed up today with no feedback) start trades, immediately cancel, and then leave bad feedback for me.

Now one of them has initiated a trade and said he's sent money which has caused the BTC to be escrowed from my account.  However I've not given him my payment details so no way he could have have sent payment but the coins remain in escrow.

Is it just me or is everyone getting this at the moment?

Chris
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tribex1301

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:51:43 PM

Hi,

not actually noiticed that, i have ads in italy and spain.
but often noticed recent registred users with 0 feedback with strange behaviour, sometimes some one trying to enable automatic escrow, some one making offers and immidiatly cancel them (I think lots of them are people getting used to localbitcoins).

bcw (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:54:26 PM

some one making offers and immidiatly cancel them

I've had that, it often happens.  But now I'm getting people cancelling then leaving negative feedback.  Wasn't sure if it was a common thing or if it's another trader getting upset and trying to push me out.
appsilious

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:56:08 PM

some one making offers and immidiatly cancel them

I've had that, it often happens.  But now I'm getting people cancelling then leaving negative feedback.  Wasn't sure if it was a common thing or if it's another trader getting upset and trying to push me out.

Do you have good ratings on there? If so, that could be it.
bcw (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:09:05 PM

Yeah, 100% at 9am this morning.  Now got 7 negatives against me from users that signed up today with 0 feedback themselves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: