Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with LTC GPU Mining  (Read 700 times)
MrBilling (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:21:38 PM

After trying forever I finally got the CPU Miner for LTC to work.

I cannot get the GPU miner to work though.

I have nvidia cards.  I have tried reaper, GUI miner, and cgminer.

I could get it working with CGminer but it would reject all of my shares.  Well I finally figured out I wasnt running it with --scrypt.

So now that I run it with --scrypt it will work and accept the shares but I am getting less KH/s than I am on the CPU miner.

When mining BTC I usually get about 115 MH/s.  Shouldnt I get about the same mining LTC?

Can anyone please help me?   Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:30:38 PM

One other thing is that when I start cgmine (through CMD  promt with --scrypt) it always says "error loading config file start cgminer with -T to see what failed to load"

I tried starting cgminer with -T and it doesnt show anything.
robotrebellion

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

First, mining with scrypt you will be measuring KHash instead of MHash.

Second, CGMiner requires some extra leg-work to optimize for scrypt hashing. See here.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Thanks

Doesn't LTC mining require KH/s?

Probably wrong but that's what I had thought.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:15:39 PM

I actually just downloaded RPC Miners which has the CUDA miner in it.  I got the CUDA miner running with just rpcminer-cuda.exe -url=http://mine.pool-x.eu:8080 -user=USERNAME -password=PASSWORD

I have uploaded a snip of it running.    Its at http://postimg.org/image/tkxvora11/

See how it says around 40 KH/s?  Does that mean I should be getting that KH/s?

On the pool it shows up as 42 KH/s.

By the way with it running as it is now according to my pool I am getting around 2-25 KH/s on the CPU miner and the CUDA miner has been bouncing around from 40-115 KH/s.  Sound about right?

Thanks again!
Si Robertson

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

I heard you get about 1 ltc a week?
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:44:34 PM

Mining calc says between 5.5 and 7 a week depending on what the average KH/s ends up being.  Its bouncing all over the place right now and only has been working for like an hour so far.

But I dont pay for electricity and I am mainly doing this to get some LTC to hold for while just in case they end up having a run like BTC.

I regret not taking the time to figure out how to mine BTCs 3 years ago.
Si Robertson

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:50:12 PM

Mining calc says between 5.5 and 7 a week depending on what the average KH/s ends up being.  Its bouncing all over the place right now and only has been working for like an hour so far.

But I dont pay for electricity and I am mainly doing this to get some LTC to hold for while just in case they end up having a run like BTC.

I can understand why. I heard about them awhile back and kicking myself for not buying. Now I have bought from $50 all the way to $110... Sad
sleger

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:51:53 PM

You are still making 50% on average it's not bad
503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:06:51 PM

There is more to it then just the scrypt setting.  There are other settings that need to be adjusted such as intensity and thread-concurrency 

MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

I can understand why. I heard about them awhile back and kicking myself for not buying. Now I have bought from $50 all the way to $110... Sad

Yea I have some coins that I got when they were about $5 and have been holding them.

But about 3 years ago I had first heard about BTC.  I think they were going for under $3.  I tried to setup a miner but couldnt get it working and just gave up on it because I had so much other stuff going on.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY regret that.  I know I could have figured it out it just didnt seem like that big of a deal and I was sure something would happen and BTC wouldnt be around anymore.

I will not doubt BTC again.  I am holding my coins for a LONGGGGG time.

Thats why I want to figure this LTC thing out.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

Anyways I have the CUDA miner and the CPU miner working.

I am getting between 70-150 KH/s.

I am not using any custom arguments.  Just cudaminer.exe -o http://mine.pool-x.eu:8080 -O XXXXXXXXXX:XXX

I did however download the new CUDA miner released on 4/22/2013 from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0.

When I start the new CUDA miner up it goes through this auto tuning thing.  I may try some custom settings later.

I have a core i-7 965 extreeme and 2 GTX 280's in SLI.

I wonder is it better to run them in SLI or no?
AskMiners.com

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 10:24:17 PM

Yea I have some coins that I got when they were about $5 and have been holding them.

But about 3 years ago I had first heard about BTC.  I think they were going for under $3.  I tried to setup a miner but couldnt get it working and just gave up on it because I had so much other stuff going on.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY regret that.  I know I could have figured it out it just didnt seem like that big of a deal and I was sure something would happen and BTC wouldnt be around anymore.

I will not doubt BTC again.  I am holding my coins for a LONGGGGG time.

Thats why I want to figure this LTC thing out.

last year I bought rig started mining when BTC was ~12 then it dropped to $4 or even lower...
Sold the rig and the coins.

If I have just kept the coins I'd have now about $25.000
If I have kept mining I would probably have a lot more...

I have also tried LiteCoins at the time... but didn't saved the wallet...
It had something like 1.000 coins in it Smiley

Back to reality
As for the mining I'm using minerd.exe for CPU mining on my I5 and GUIMiner-scrypt for GPU miner...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: