Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Shorting profitable???  (Read 4226 times)
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:49:12 PM

Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.
I do agreed that shorting is very profitable, it is only risky to apply if you apply to do it. Wrong move you will totally wreck but if you do good it will give you very big profit in terms of bitcoin earnings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:02:17 PM

I do agreed that shorting is very profitable, it is only risky to apply if you apply to do it. Wrong move you will totally wreck but if you do good it will give you very big profit in terms of bitcoin earnings.
It is like win big if you are lucky and the market is negative and die trying if the market recovers quickly and with the kind of volatility bitcoin and other crypto currency has i would not dare to short any coins as it is really not worth to risk that much when you have other ways to make money,i could say it is pure gambling if you are shorting.
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:27:11 PM

It is like win big if you are lucky and the market is negative and die trying if the market recovers quickly and with the kind of volatility bitcoin and other crypto currency has i would not dare to short any coins as it is really not worth to risk that much when you have other ways to make money,i could say it is pure gambling if you are shorting.

Doing some short trades? well maybe your thoughs are right on the other hand but I think it can make us secure our capital if sudden dump would be happen on certain coins out their and doing short trades are matters on coins what you have deal with since their are several coins right now are worth to execute with it, Try to look with shitcoins and provably you could see the positivity on doing that.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 12:48:16 AM

Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.

I have made a good amount of money shorting, although I've made more from long positions. I am currently short SNAP... that company is awful.

Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:52:49 AM

Who short in a bull market???  Shocked Shocked its insane
SonnetStar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:24:56 AM

I've seen too many people "lose their shirts" shorting

not worth it IMO, not unless ur a PRO
nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:14:48 AM

It is very stressful job:
1. it needs big number of coin (if you want to rule it);
2. you have to know right time to get in,... as you know that coins always have up and down (even the best coin - it is not always up, there is also down);

Yes you can make money from the margin,
I do not recommend this sorting things.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:52:13 AM

Anyone doing shorting right now is potentially committing suicide. For the past 2-3 months, Bitcoin (and the other alts) have been on an upward journey. There have been a few dips here and there, but they were too mild and far between. I have a feeling that the time is not right for shorting. The rest is up to you.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:44:12 AM

I've seen too many people "lose their shirts" shorting

not worth it IMO, not unless ur a PRO

Well shorting now is like jumping from top. From past couple of months, btc price is on way swing . Just last 2 weeks back price dropped but again it has recovered it and started to move towards 3k.  Price is still in uncertain territory and do not know where it will get stabilized for a time now.
BitAvrillis

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:48:48 AM

Profitable? I think Yes but not that big profit like those in long term trading. In shorting, every time you  transact you pay the trading charges or fees. Also, in short trading, prices do not always rise to an unprecedented high. All I can say is short trading is excited and fun.

Yeah I think the same, it is more about excitement and fun. I was shorttrading ETH at the 180$ peak and earned 1,5 ETH more, but lost them when the big dip came (yeah I know, I am an idiot). Now I wanna go long term, because everytime I made short term, I lost huge profits.
OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:24:28 PM

Yeah I think the same, it is more about excitement and fun. I was shorttrading ETH at the 180$ peak and earned 1,5 ETH more, but lost them when the big dip came (yeah I know, I am an idiot). Now I wanna go long term, because everytime I made short term, I lost huge profits.
So you learned the hard lesson with shorting in a high volatile market,no one in the right sense would dare to short in a very high volatile market because the loss will be really huge compared to the profit you are planning to earn and with a bull market riding for a long time it is impossible to earn anything with this market unless you are an inside trader.
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:42:46 PM

Shorting seems like extremely dangerous but at the same time i get why some people feel drawn by it, the possibility to make lots of cash, it seems like a gambling where people even sell their families to try to make a huge profit.

You borrow a bitcoin and sell it. Then you have to buy it back, no matter the cost, when it's time to return it. If it falls in price, you can buy it back cheap, and make money.

In the real world, what can happen is that you lose everything this way, price goes up a lot, and you are left holding the bag.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 12:46:01 PM

Idk why people here see shorting as such a gamble. You can cap your risk if you are using put options or binary options. I wouldn't short Bitcoin most likely for the same reason I wouldn't go long, but bitcoin could be an amazing short opportunity if it keeps rising. Idk where you can buy Bitcoin options today but I'm sure it would be extremely inexpensive to short, thus your potential loss is very low and your potential gain is ridiculously high.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 12:57:05 PM

Of course, shorting is a risky trade to go with. I tried it couple of times when bitcoin was falling from great height and I remember, I used high leverage at that time which fetched me around 32% profits within couple of hours. If you are confirm with your research which says that now bitcoin (or alt coin) will not go above a particular level at that time you can put a short sell order and it will work if your research is deep enough.
raymond541

Activity: 821
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:51:56 PM

Shorting profitable but there have more risk than profit.who know price of share will drop and you buy share and back it to lender.you need some research before invest in Shorting because if share price raise you will lose investment.I always lose in that way think price will drop but share price raise and now left Shorting.
surus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:02:30 AM

Absence of efficient derived instruments (lend and short, options, futures) is still the biggest drag on efficiency of crypto markets. But I guess the industry is still so young that it will take some time and also regulatory support..

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:36:52 PM

shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading
It cannot be deny that shorting is really a profitable things in terms of doing trade in the market.
But of course only in a short term unlike in a long a Long term though it is more safest thing than short term.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:21:23 PM

When you catch the dumping wave in the right time, makine short positions would bring you tons of money. This seems easy but it's not. Remember.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:04:51 AM

god knows how much was made shorting in 2014 and 2015. the problem is that people who get too used to an idea stick with it even when it's clear the market is now acting differently. i'm sure a pile of shorting profits were thrown away making the wrong bets when it went upwards.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:54:57 AM

it is very much profitable, but in this market may be hard to execute. You gotta be smart, and you gotta know what you are doing. GL
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: