Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Shorting profitable???  (Read 4226 times)
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:40:09 PM

Yes, shorting is profitable if you see a downtrend in the coin. As many members mentioned, it is stressful and not advisable to trade margin. I find it better to buy the coins and wait for the price to rise.
Yes shorting is profitable only if you are easy with taking risk. In this case, if you are newcomer then even it is okay to do short trading for getting experience. But still you must have knowledge of the trending situations.

Buy, it and then sell it in short time after a little rise and then again buy it in suitable time. It is okay but you must not comprise on risk then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

So if it's too risky, it's like Binary Options, no?
You need to be attentive all the time, you need some luck also because the results can oscillate too much.
But different from Binaries it could work for shitcoins especially, which the price changes much more than well established Crypto-Currencies in a daily basis.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

So if it's too risky, it's like Binary Options, no?
You need to be attentive all the time, you need some luck also because the results can oscillate too much.
But different from Binaries it could work for shitcoins especially, which the price changes much more than well established Crypto-Currencies in a daily basis.
For me, margin trade in cryptocurrency market like Binary Options, because we also have option buy/sell depends our predict. And the risk when trading of them are high than exchange normal.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:26:49 PM

Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.
Yes it is definitely that shorting is a profitable thing if your prediction is in the right thing. But since we all know that trading is very unpredictable were not sure 100% if our prediction is precise. Which is risk was very high were it can wreck you down too,.
Astropin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:22:54 PM

Shorting is too much like gambling to me....unless I had reliable inside information (which is illegal to act on)...so no, I don't short. Especially something as volatile as cryptocurrencies.   
kunabit

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:46:02 PM

I haven't tried shorting (only long), but know quite a few who do--they mainly only short with BTC as altcoins are too volatile for shorting. They pay close attention to price action, trend lines, confirmations and the news, which in turn, they will short the dips. I'm a wee bit too intimidated to try shorting, but will get there once I become more experienced with TA.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:35:03 PM

It is very risky. You could sell a % of your coins and hope that the falling price drops even lower so you can buy more back at a cheaper price, but sometimes the price all of a sudden shoots up and you have to wait much longer to sell them without a loss.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:02:02 AM

Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.
Yes it is definitely that shorting is a profitable thing if your prediction is in the right thing. But since we all know that trading is very unpredictable were not sure 100% if our prediction is precise. Which is risk was very high were it can wreck you down too,.
Very well said! I think shorting can be profitable but it all depends on how good you are at predicting the things accurately. If your prediction sense is good and are confident enough that you are making a right decision, only then you can get profit. Else you are going to lose your money.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:17:48 AM

Shorting is too much like gambling to me....unless I had reliable inside information (which is illegal to act on)...so no, I don't short. Especially something as volatile as cryptocurrencies.   

shorting like any other trading strategy is not at all a "gambling". and although insider information is obviously helpful but it is not at all mandatory in order to be successful in it.
just like any other trading strategy, in shorting you also make an analysis of the market and come up with a speculation. we all know certain cases where bitcoin price falls. they never fail us. for example you don't need to know some secret information to be able to predict a drop after the FUD about bitcoin split is being spread. or the FUD about China banning bitcoin, .... and lots more. you just have to watch out and act fast.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:26:44 AM

Very well said! I think shorting can be profitable but it all depends on how good you are at predicting the things accurately. If your prediction sense is good and are confident enough that you are making a right decision, only then you can get profit. Else you are going to lose your money.
doing shorting is indeed a risky thing. for example we buy altcoin which is just emerging in the market, need a good analysis when see the right coin and also have prospect. because if we can not choose the right option then we could have suffered huge amounts of losses.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:15:09 PM

Exactly! Shorting is very much profitable but it entirely depends on you whether you can take good advantage of those moments or not. I think at that point, you can judge someone’s interpersonal skills like how good he is at managing up the things. If you can’t avail the opportunity then you need to work really hard.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: