Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: building cryptocurrency nodes  (Read 502 times)
cryptoproject (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:06:52 PM

hi,

For a bitcoin project, i am looking to build a secure bitcoin node.
i would like to know the best server for this. as i am expecting large number of users will use it.

i might host more cryptocurrency nodes in future eg. Ethereum or litecoin.

so i need 1 server for each node or i can host all in one Dedicated server?

please explain well
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 04:09:00 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

A node is just a software. You can run many nodes on one machine, so long as it is powerful enough to support multiple nodes.

To run a node, just download and run Bitcoin Core. There is nothing you need to do to secure it as a node does not have anything that requires securing. If you just want to run only a node, you can disable the wallet.

cryptoproject (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:16:16 PM

A node is just a software. You can run many nodes on one machine, so long as it is powerful enough to support multiple nodes.

To run a node, just download and run Bitcoin Core. There is nothing you need to do to secure it as a node does not have anything that requires securing. If you just want to run only a node, you can disable the wallet.

i actually want to built a wallet system for my users based on a secure node. a lot of transactions will come in and out within our own server and outer bitcoin servers.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 04:35:47 PM

Well running a full node and receiving/sending transactions with it shouldn't be a problem running the latest version of Bitcoin Core.  I'm not sure what you mean here or about any advanced systems you might be talking about.  Can you elaborate?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: