Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto conspiracy ?  (Read 330 times)
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 12:07:43 PM

I had a look at many threads in this section, each one wth a different title. What i noticed is the actual pump of crypto currencies, and the relative stability of BTC, except since his last dump to ~1050$, but it is normal a guess.
If the title is crypto conspiracy, it is mainly because a lot of users are talking about hte recent event in the Crypto sphere, the BU crash and the reaction of their dev team, Dash's price skyrocketing, XMR attention increase, the bitcoin foundation actoins against Bitcoin (roger ver and the others).
Considering other posts like the withdrawal of Dan from Steem project, and the pump on steem, plus some interesting posts from users like i am not back.

I am asking a question, can all of these events be linked in a way who will reveal a crypto conspiracy against Bitcoin-core ?

I know that Bitmain wants to force bitcoin protocol to be what he wants, BU protocol, this is why in the next few months(maybe days) he will own around 45% of the network hashpower, consireding VIABtc is bitmain's child, and the hard fork threat from Jihan Wu.

Considering Roger Ver and Anthony Di Iorio engagement in BU, and many other crypto-based projects, can we say they are actually the source of all the pumps ? or at least some of them ?

Someone said in annother post that Roger Ver is apparently pumping prices of altcoins to fake a less of interest for bitcoin, BU is for sure founded by the bitcoin foundation, who's members are : https://bitcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-speakers-bureau/https://bitcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-speakers-bureau/

Compiling these informations, plus or less, do you consider it a conspiracy scheme ? or a covering war BC VS BU ? (Maybe war isn't really the best word here, bitcoin-core-devs aren't the kind of people to waste time on such considerations, but BU are, just read their reactions after the bug exploit)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:19:35 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 12:43:39 PM by iamnotback

I don't think you need a conspiracy. Nature of man is to compete with the one who has the most.

Everyone is trying to discredit BTC and grab some of your BTC.

And now Bitcoiners are doing self-destructive HFs to divide-and-conquer themselves, forcing us to diversify into for example Ethereum and Dash which are allegedly both not aggregate markets.

So much for our idealism about changing the world, eh?  Cry

Maybe it is healthy experimentation and competition, but adoption by 100s of millions (or billions!) of non-investor users of the Internet would be more comforting to me. Maybe we are still on the path headed there...
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

I don't think you need a conspiracy. Nature of man is to compete with the one who has the most.

Everyone is trying to discredit BTC and grab some of your BTC.

And now Bitcoiners are doing self-destructive HFs to divide-and-conquer themselves, forcing us to diversify into for example Ethereum and Dash which are allegedly both not aggregate markets.

So much for our idealism about changing the world, eh?  Cry

I agree about the Ethereum scenario, it would be catastrophic, both ETH and ETC are just useless consumption of ram/disc/cpu, they are like frozen since the hard fork.
Even if i don't think bitcoin will freez, the HF will for sure create a great unstability in price, especially if BU manages to have enough support from the community, this poll gives a nice idea about what bitcoin users wants : http://www.strawpoll.me/12569383/r

When you check the funds BU is spending to get more community support, and their supports, you can ask your self about a conspiracy, especially when their funders are related to other projects and exchanges, and, miners.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:50:39 PM

While the idea of a conspiracy is appealing I think what we are seeing is just a coincidence of wants, it seems several actors acting independently want to bring down bitcoin, nothing more.
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 06:00:18 PM

While the idea of a conspiracy is appealing I think what we are seeing is just a coincidence of wants, it seems several actors acting independently want to bring down bitcoin, nothing more.

The conspiracy idea comes in mind when you note that some actors are reccuring.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: