Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attempts to restrict access to weapons.  (Read 458 times)
Alexzap (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:25:14 PM

Politicians are constantly trying to restrict access to weapons. I propose in this thread to lay out the cases when the weapon helps people to preserve their life, health and property. Let people know why it is important to have the right to arms. https://youtu.be/KeNPnHAyRyw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StefanReed

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:48:16 PM

In winter haven, Florida, at the family home of the singing burst uninvited guest. When he went to the door, he noticed someone from the family and fulfilled a warning shot.
But it's not vastrakala offender – he moved to the kitchen. There it was waited already by the owners of the house – father, mother and son, and each of them had a weapon in his hands.
Because the offender refused to leave, they had to open fire, as a result, he died at the scene from his injuries. https://youtu.be/Ql1XtOs9VbE
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:03:14 AM

Politicians are constantly trying to restrict access to weapons. I propose in this thread to lay out the cases when the weapon helps people to preserve their life, health and property. Let people know why it is important to have the right to arms. https://youtu.be/KeNPnHAyRyw

As coming from a country that do not have these laws, I am also quite curious why Americans love their guns. I've read somewhere that it was because of their frontier origins making guns necessary for survival.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 05:28:25 AM

Bold statements. Not true without facts.

What country are you from? I believe your statement may only be true in the UK.

In the US Politicians aren't constantly trying to restrict access to weapons. But they are (the Dems at least) trying to lower murders and school shootings and restrict access to weapons by people with mental illness. Do you know how easy it is to get a gun in the US? Anyone who things it's restrictive is either under the legal age of driving or naive of reality. Go to a gun show, they'll sell you a gun for cash...no questions asked.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:11:09 PM

Bold statements. Not true without facts.

In the US Politicians aren't constantly trying to restrict access to weapons. But they are (the Dems at least) trying to lower murders and school shootings and restrict access to weapons by people with mental illness. Do you know how easy it is to get a gun in the US? Anyone who things it's restrictive is either under the legal age of driving or naive of reality. Go to a gun show, they'll sell you a gun for cash...no questions asked.

Last time I went to a gun show there was a booth with about 12 tables each with a customer filling out the form for the government background check.  They'd get the approval (or not) and then go back to whichever table the vendor they were dealing with was at.

So you are repeating liberal misinformation?
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:30:42 PM

Even though the government will restrict the use of weapons to civilians but the syndicates, gangs and other forces of evil in the society will still have access to firearms and loose weapons in the black market. As long as the government cannot fully protect the individuals gun restriction must be carefully studied before implemented. If the government will restrict or ban weapons to the public then they must increase police manpower.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:40:34 PM

UK beeing influenced from the continent, and their own experience. You know from London Metropolitan Police those Bobby Whistles?
Maybe initially those just had been budget cuts, not handing out guns but just a whistle instead. Think Noisy Cricket weapon from Men in Black, just without any punch.

The statistics in the end round are speaking a clear language. There is no way back for the Unites States into a more peacefull statistical bottomline. The weapons are floating around out there. UK made that differenting experience and might wanna think twice.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:42:36 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 11:04:48 PM by criptix

Why would i feel safe when some sub 60 iq people can legally own guns? :/

@spendulus
Where was that gun show? Laws differ from state to state.
And was it a private selling or from a gun business?
Because the latter doesnt need to do a background check for sure.

I think this explains the problem very well
If there is something wrong please point it out:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jan/07/politifact-sheet-3-things-know-about-gun-show-loop/

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:29:55 PM

Was it not government that allows people to have access to guns in the first place And if they think its time to restrict that access, then there is nothing wrong about that. Times have change where people needs to have a gun in other to feel safe and even now, its doing more harm than good and innocent lives have been lost as a result of that so if restricting it will reduce such then I see nothing wrong with that.
darkseid1199

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

I think its high time the government restrict some people from getting access to weapons especially military grade weaponry. The government shouldnt have let civilians access to this kind of weaponry in the first place. there should be strict rules that prevents some people from getting access to weapons at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: