Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as primary currency in Norway  (Read 2063 times)
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

the title of this thread has misleading me because i thought the whole of norway has decide to accept bitcoin as the primary currency on that country but looks like only one city had admit it however this is good move and i wish there will be another country considering bitcoin as a part of the currency for their country

I agree that is what I thought too.  Maybe this is some kind of clickbait lol which is effective since it got my attention.  Anyway it is still a good news that some company is accepting Bitcoin as mode of payment.  More companies like this is needed to be able to increase Bitcoin stability and demand.
epitome

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:01:37 AM

I am not too sure about what you mean by Norway considering it as a primary currency, what happened to the local currency and will they use bitcoin as a parallel currency. It is good to hear that countries are allowing bitcoin as a parallel currency and hope more countries would accept those changes.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:07:11 AM

the title of this thread has misleading me because i thought the whole of norway has decide to accept bitcoin as the primary currency on that country but looks like only one city had admit it however this is good move and i wish there will be another country considering bitcoin as a part of the currency for their country

I agree that is what I thought too.  Maybe this is some kind of clickbait lol which is effective since it got my attention.  Anyway it is still a good news that some company is accepting Bitcoin as mode of payment.  More companies like this is needed to be able to increase Bitcoin stability and demand.

Yeah It is quite misleading or sensationalized but it is a good signal for Norway and to the world where bitcoin is gaining acceptance and becoming mainstream.Also, in developing countries, bitcoin is becoming popular also like in Africa and Asia.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:24:06 AM

You are saying it is a primary currency, right? Well it is not, the primary currency in Norway is kroner, it is not Bitcoin, bitcoin can be a secondary currency but not a primary. When you say primary they are not accepted in stores or as payment, but they are using it as their money everyday. You said it yourself, they are "ACCEPTING".
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:15:37 AM

This will be great if this is true.
For sure many country will follow with this movement.
We hope bitcoin will mark good in Norway to provide good impression to some other government and be inspired to use it as currency too.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 03:10:54 AM

City Liberstad in norway has decided to use bitcoin as primary currency.They have said they would accept bitcoin for land sold in presale.They have even planned to give discounts to customers who pay in bitcoins for their services.It seems bitcoin moving towards its golden era of recognition.
Here is the link
      http://www.liberstad.com/buy-land-with-bitcoin.html

A little piece of Freedom with Bitcoin.
That's actually a great initiative, I hope other EU countries can follow it in some way so the whole world will also consider it.
I hope there will be no controversy regarding this and everything happens smoothly, because many would be looking at it as an example, so if this worked out to be a success, bravo for bitcoin. 
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:09:55 AM

One city in Norway is nothing, only if Norway as state will declare Bitcoin as primary currency, it is then important news. One city can declare, what they want, it is nothing in fact. And more possible Bitcoin will not be implemented in Norway or in any other country, because many people use simple paper cash.
Giving a declaration in one place was a big factor to all bitcoin enthusiast. Like what I read in this forum, this is a big news which is I agreed. Even me in my country I want to educate people about in bitcoin, how to use it, explain the features of bitcoin etc. Where I am planning to start with subdivision a kind of free seminars about in bitcoin, something like that. Wink
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:04:35 PM

This is one of the best news I have read today. Now just out of sheer curiosity, since Bitcoin is anonymous, can this happen: Mr x a person of other country purchases, Bitcoins and transfers to Mr Y who is a resident there and if he purchases it, will the transaction be yet legal. As Bitcoins cannot be traced back. I like the move, but wanted to know if it leads to such issue won't Bitcoin suffer a negative impact. Plus won't the local bodies and agencies suffer as they won't receive any tax from the sale.
Bitcoin’s nature or say the core of it makes it impossible to identify its owner means you can steal someone else’s private key and they can’t do anything about it, and the anonymity behind bitcoin may provide the perfect cover and the best way for fraud and money laundry and other illegal financial transactions but that is what is happening with fiat and people always find a way to cover their traces so there is no fear about bitcoin’s reputation.

Now the reason why I think bitcoin is popular in Norway is because in Norway they have to pay a ridicules tax on revenue which is 16% or so and using bitcoin as an income makes them avoid paying it, but I think making a law against receiving fund from unknow sources may break down this idea.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 02:47:39 PM

I really doubt that they will be able to form an actual country, this sounds a bit like the whole Liberland story, which I also don't see succeeding very soon.
Liberstad is currently still Norway, right? The fact that they accept Bitcoin, doesn't really mean anything.

Also, anarchism as the form of 'governance'? I wonder how that would work  Roll Eyes

rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

Norway is listed among the happiest countries in the world. It is evident to hear the news and using it as primart currency would push the country to a new level .except landselling price i expect the use to be more biggee when online retailers accept it .
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:06:09 PM

Without solving the block size problem  is possible?  Huh
I think no, because today bitcoin is not suitable for as primary currency
especially bitcoin be used for little transaction (buy something use bitcoin
with price under one dollar) , but it is good for big transaction because
the fees is more cheap than things will be bought.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:14:27 PM

Is there any articles that state that Bitcoin is the primary currency of choice? I think that only a small portion of the people in Norway accept the currency and that makes a big difference.
Bitcoin is pretty sketchy to use as a currency because the price goes in all kinds of directions whenever BitcoinWisdom is opened up in the browser. If the people in the small parts of Norway want to be the tester of Bitcoin then we'll watch what happens.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 03:48:04 PM

Is there any articles that state that Bitcoin is the primary currency of choice? I think that only a small portion of the people in Norway accept the currency and that makes a big difference.
Bitcoin is pretty sketchy to use as a currency because the price goes in all kinds of directions whenever BitcoinWisdom is opened up in the browser. If the people in the small parts of Norway want to be the tester of Bitcoin then we'll watch what happens.

interested to know if there is too. its going to be on different bitcoin related blogs if this is really declared. and can make its price rise up again. but since it didn't i guess this isn't something really official. while its possible, it has to be on the news.  my Norwegian friend doesn't know anything about bitcoin though so if this is going to be a prime currency, they'd have to spread the word about bitcoin in their ciountry.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:07:15 PM

City Liberstad in norway has decided to use bitcoin as primary currency.They have said they would accept bitcoin for land sold in presale.They have even planned to give discounts to customers who pay in bitcoins for their services.It seems bitcoin moving towards its golden era of recognition.

is this really happen in that city? if its true then i think its a good news for bitcoin user in every where because there are one new city in norway that accepting bitcoin and i think the other city will be follow with liberstad and people will use bitcoin for their daily life. i hope in future, we can see many place that will accept bitcoin and i think citizen of liberstad will be happy too because finally they can use bitcoin as a free stuff to buy something.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:47:09 PM

I am not too sure about what you mean by Norway considering it as a primary currency, what happened to the local currency and will they use bitcoin as a parallel currency. It is good to hear that countries are allowing bitcoin as a parallel currency and hope more countries would accept those changes.

For sure, if this is true and it proves that bitcoin is a good choice to be currency, then there will be countries that will follow it and be its primary currency too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: