Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikalminer A-900 overclock  (Read 1197 times)
AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:35:29 PM

I am interested in overclocking the Baikal miner through the software on the Raspberry. If someone here has access to a 150 MH/S or Giant a-900 900 MH/S and the skill to recompile the software with higher FPGA frequency I'm willing to pay and share risk testing overclock.

PM me.

FOR RENT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:21:08 PM

I am interested in overclocking the Baikal miner through the software on the Raspberry. If someone here has access to a 150 MH/S or Giant a-900 900 MH/S and the skill to recompile the software with higher FPGA frequency I'm willing to pay and share risk testing overclock.

PM me.
I would also be interested in this recompile.  The customer sgminer version running on the OrangePi includes a freq/heat throttling flag, so controlling the frequencies should be possible.  I have successfully underclocked the devices using these flags.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:59:44 AM

PM me.
I would also be interested in this recompile.  The customer sgminer version running on the OrangePi includes a freq/heat throttling flag, so controlling the frequencies should be possible.  I have successfully underclocked the devices using these flags.

hi!!!
can i know from your experience... how this miners are noisy??
are like S9??
or they are quieter?Huh

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
TracerX

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:27:01 PM

PM me.

hi!!!
are like S9??
or they are quieter?Huh

The 900 Mh/s device is very similar to the S9 in size and noise.  It has a larger, loud fan with no fan control.  The smaller, 150 Mh/s devices are very quiet.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:44:44 PM

PM me.

hi!!!
are like S9??
or they are quieter?Huh

The 900 Mh/s device is very similar to the S9 in size and noise.  It has a larger, loud fan with no fan control.  The smaller, 150 Mh/s devices are very quiet.

thank you tracerX for the info...
if so, The 900 Mh/s device, it's not for me
damn!!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:09:19 PM

PM me.
I would also be interested in this recompile.  The customer sgminer version running on the OrangePi includes a freq/heat throttling flag, so controlling the frequencies should be possible.  I have successfully underclocked the devices using these flags.

hi!!!
are like S9??
or they are quieter?Huh

The 900 Mh/s device is very similar to the S9 in size and noise.  It has a larger, loud fan with no fan control.  The smaller, 150 Mh/s devices are very quiet.

thank you tracerX for the info...
if so, The 900 Mh/s device, it's not for me
damn!!!!

The Giant A900s are quiet in my opinion -- not as loud as S9s which is IMHO very very loud -- like jet engine.
The Quads (600MHs) and Singles (150MHs) are of course very silent because of their simple & reliable design.
Too bad -- all Baikal miners are sold out.

Btw, any luck in overclocking the Giants?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
TracerX

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:27:14 PM

The Giant A900s are quiet in my opinion -- not as loud as S9s which is IMHO very very loud -- like jet engine.
The Quads (600MHs) and Singles (150MHs) are of course very silent because of their simple & reliable design.

I've moved my equipment indoor and now realize the Giant is a fair bit quieter than the S9, the concrete floors in the room it used to reside in were making things louder.  That said, it's not quiet.  The ambient in the room they moved into was 45db, and I've clocked 55db after firing everything up.

Still no progress on overclocking on my end, but I've not had time to fool with it.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:00:44 PM

I've moved my equipment indoor and now realize the Giant is a fair bit quieter than the S9, the concrete floors in the room it used to reside in were making things louder.  That said, it's not quiet.  The ambient in the room they moved into was 45db, and I've clocked 55db after firing everything up.

Still no progress on overclocking on my end, but I've not had time to fool with it.

Upgraded the sdcard to latest version -- but that's about it.

The Giants are minting money at the moment and is not giving me any problems so will just leave it alone.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
TracerX

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:45:18 PM

Upgraded the sdcard to latest version -- but that's about it.

The Giants are minting money at the moment and is not giving me any problems so will just leave it alone.

Anything added to the new SD image?  I'll likely leave it be if not.

Cheers.
belaweb2

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

any progress regarding overclocking?

If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: