Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLE_Maximus's Bitcoin Program (Earn BTC from Amazon purchases)  (Read 742 times)
CLE_Maximus (OP)

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

I'll sell my soul for a Honda S2000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:21:57 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 02:11:36 AM by CLE_Maximus

Hi Everybody,

I'm going to cut straight to the chase with this one. If you are someone who buys from Amazon relatively frequently -- you search, buy, and get what you want in two days right?

Well how would you like (up to) 10% back on your purchase in Bitcoin? If you are willing to wait 30 days after your purchase, I'll refund you with some coinage!

Conversion rates shown below. I would give you 75% of whatever bounty I collect from your purchase. Example: You buy an Aveda face cream for $50, I get $4 in referral fees, I will send you $3 worth of bitcoin in 30 days. I like to think it akin to a mail-in rebate Smiley

If there are any ways that people think I could optimize this system or the wordage, I'm all ears and would even tip for a cleaned up draft  Grin. If this gets large enough, I would like to turn it into a raffle where every $10 of bounty fees you get a chance to win double or even triple your normal return.

All you need to do is visit my link below and start shopping!

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:46:00 AM

Would this just be amazon.com or elsewhere too?

It's an intriguing idea but when I order something from Amazon I want it NOW.
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

I think what this guy is doing is farming amazon affiliates. You still check out like normal and get your goods quick, but you click his affiliate link before you purchase. He goes a % of the money you spend at amazon. Then he splits that money with you.
CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:51:06 AM

I think what this guy is doing is farming amazon affiliates. You still check out like normal and get your goods quick, but you click his affiliate link before you purchase. He goes a % of the money you spend at amazon. Then he splits that money with you.

Hit the nail on the head. There is literally 1 more second added to your purchase experience, just entering my link in my sig into your browser instead of going directly to Amazon.com -- there is no difference other than it sends me a % of your purchase.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:54:44 AM

Ah, of course, me brain isn't working too well. So would this work with Amazon.co.uk, de, it, es etc. as well and is it reliable? Not that it really matters as it's free money but I occasionally try to buy through a friend's affiliate link and it's really hit and miss.

CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:14:02 AM

Ah, of course, me brain isn't working too well. So would this work with Amazon.co.uk, de, it, es etc. as well and is it reliable? Not that it really matters as it's free money but I occasionally try to buy through a friend's affiliate link and it's really hit and miss.

I'm not sure what the result for links outside the U.S would be -- it would be nice to have a guinea pig for that. I repair computers for a living and I would always include a desktop icon to my affiliate link, it is very reliable as long as they click the link every time  Tongue. I don't think it works if they just go right to Amazon.com.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:20:06 AM

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/gp/associates/help/t22/a13

According this it won't work abroad unless you sign up in that country, but it doesn't look like a big deal. Throw up an amazon.co.uk link and I'll give it a try but it'll probably be a piddling amount as I'm relatively shopped out for now. It would be a good test anyway.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:30:25 AM

Not a bad scheme, but even when I buy something from Amazon, I buy it impulsively and I expect it to arrive in 2 days. So just for the extra 7-8% there might not be that much interest. There is also services like Purse, which usually gives a 5% discount. How would you be competing with them ?
CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:46:03 AM

Not a bad scheme, but even when I buy something from Amazon, I buy it impulsively and I expect it to arrive in 2 days. So just for the extra 7-8% there might not be that much interest. There is also services like Purse, which usually gives a 5% discount. How would you be competing with them ?

That's the beauty of it, you are not going through an escrow and will get your item by whenever Amazon ships it. After the 30 day window (of no item return) I would send the BTC directly to the wallet of your choosing. The only noticeable perk would be the speed of delivery vs them.
CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:47:29 AM

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/gp/associates/help/t22/a13

According this it won't work abroad unless you sign up in that country, but it doesn't look like a big deal. Throw up an amazon.co.uk link and I'll give it a try but it'll probably be a piddling amount as I'm relatively shopped out for now. It would be a good test anyway.

Thanks for doing the research, I will work on setting up a UK account tomorrow!
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:59:12 AM

How will you know who on here has bought what? Will they need to tell you what they've purchased so you can identify it?
CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:35:07 AM

How will you know who on here has bought what? Will they need to tell you what they've purchased so you can identify it?

Correct, I will see if there are more efficient ways to do this.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:55:01 AM

That's the beauty of it, you are not going through an escrow and will get your item by whenever Amazon ships it. After the 30 day window (of no item return) I would send the BTC directly to the wallet of your choosing. The only noticeable perk would be the speed of delivery vs them.
But doesn't Purse ultimately send your item as well if you buy it through a trusted seller ? Which will also be required in this case ?

By the way, as far as I remember the return period is 45 days.
CLE_Maximus (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 10:19:17 AM

But doesn't Purse ultimately send your item as well if you buy it through a trusted seller ? Which will also be required in this case ?

By the way, as far as I remember the return period is 45 days.

A quick google search shows that it is indeed 30 days. Yes this is true -- my process takes signifcantly less time on the user's end comparatively to their service. Cool
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:56:08 PM

This is already done by Ebates, Topcashback, Mr Rebates and a host of other sites, but in fiat.

Ðire

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:39:10 PM

This is already done by Ebates, Topcashback, Mr Rebates and a host of other sites, but in fiat.

It's not an original idea if that's what you're going at, but I haven't seen many people on this forum with it.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:43:07 PM

This seems nice, but you're buying at normal amazon rates for goods, right?

I mean if you go onto purse.io then you can easily get a 20-25% discount if your purchase size is in the sweet spot of around 30-100 dollars. And they have escrow, buyer protection up to $10,000 if something happens, etc. etc.

But I like the idea, the raffle seems like something I would want to be a part of too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: