Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoguard

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:54:01 PM

Let's take a step back and humbly look at what was accomplished in less than a year. Particl's dev team is unbelievably strong!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:53:55 AM

5 Of The Most Undervalued Privacy Coins

In a bear market it may seem strange to some to go hunting for alts to buy while everyone’s panic selling. I would argue that this is actually a very good time to go shopping around. There’s many coins at lows we may not see again when the market turns bullish.

No-one knows for sure whether or not the bleeding’s stopped, but as BTC has returned to the price it was before the crazy winter ’17 pump, it’s likely that many inexperienced investors (who’ve gotten cold-feet from recent, high-profile and calculated FUD) have now been shaken out and we’ll see a recovery soon. Cryptos are not going anywhere. Though the media, banks and governments would like them to disappear; the genie is out of the bottle now.

In this blog I’ll concentrate specifically on Privacy coins.

https://medium.com/@ainsleyh/5-of-the-most-undervalued-privacy-coins-f3030ec146ad
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:07:08 PM

Particl team is innovative  Cool

kokopopz

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:14:38 PM

In a bear market it may seem strange to some to go hunting for alts to buy while everyone’s panic selling. I would argue that this is actually a very good time to go shopping around. There’s many coins at lows we may not see again when the market turns bullish.

No-one knows for sure whether or not the bleeding’s stopped, but as BTC has returned to the price it was before the crazy winter ’17 pump, it’s likely that many inexperienced investors (who’ve gotten cold-feet from recent, high-profile and calculated FUD) have now been shaken out and we’ll see a recovery soon. Cryptos are not going anywhere. Though the media, banks and governments would like them to disappear; the genie is out of the bottle now.

https://medium.com/@ainsleyh/5-of-the-most-undervalued-privacy-coins-f3030ec146ad

All decent coins are undervalued at the moment just because they all follow BTC drop. You could put any coin in you article a be right lol.
I dont understand why you would put Verge as number 2. It just exploded thanks to agressive marketing and mass effect imo. I dont see what makes it so special...
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

Verge's Wraith Protocol is basically a bad copy of Shadowcash's privacy setup, sorry if it sounds like hating but hear me out!

Shadowcash setup was using ring signatures + stealth addresses as early as 2014 (I hear even as early as late 2013 but that I am not 100% sure). What Wraith Protocol proposes is only stealth addresses (which by the way only hides tx participants, not the amounts transferred), then they claim that they are "fathering" the privacy-as-an-option niche of cryptocurrencies (as in...it's never been done before). That is clearly a lie and willingly misleading: Shadowcash, Monero, Dash, PIVX and many others already did this YEARS ago and much better.

Stealth addresses are literally not good enough to keep transactions private. They are not even considered blockchain analysis-safe anymore unless they are integrated on top of additional privacy protocols. What the Shadowcash team had was stealth addresses + ring signatures, but even that got old quickly, and is one of the major reason they moved from SDC to PART and decided to implement RingCT (Ring signatures + stealth addresses + CT) on top of the Bitcoin codebase.

So allow me to be very doubtful of anyone claiming Verge is a serious and innovative crypto currency when in reality they are really struggling to copy half of what was widely done years ago by many privacy projects. Verge is straight up insulting to privacy advocates and people that actually care about privacy being about privacy and not hype.

Just my 2 cents, quite glad to see Particl and PIVX up in your top 5 though Smiley
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:56:10 PM

Time for a contest folks! 25 PARTs up for grabs  Cool

Follow us on Twitter then LIKE & RT this tweet: https://twitter.com/ParticlProject/status/961016940679581701

We will pick a winner during our next livestream on Friday starting at 17:00 UTC!

Marketplace sneak peek: https://i.imgur.com/0ocoTmU.gif

mitbf

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:45:45 AM

25 Part just for follow, retweet, and like? Great deal!
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:08:05 AM

Verge's Wraith Protocol is basically a bad copy of Shadowcash's privacy setup, sorry if it sounds like hating but hear me out!

Shadowcash setup was using ring signatures + stealth addresses as early as 2014 (I hear even as early as late 2013 but that I am not 100% sure). What Wraith Protocol proposes is only stealth addresses (which by the way only hides tx participants, not the amounts transferred), then they claim that they are "fathering" the privacy-as-an-option niche of cryptocurrencies (as in...it's never been done before). That is clearly a lie and willingly misleading: Shadowcash, Monero, Dash, PIVX and many others already did this YEARS ago and much better.

Stealth addresses are literally not good enough to keep transactions private. They are not even considered blockchain analysis-safe anymore unless they are integrated on top of additional privacy protocols. What the Shadowcash team had was stealth addresses + ring signatures, but even that got old quickly, and is one of the major reason they moved from SDC to PART and decided to implement RingCT (Ring signatures + stealth addresses + CT) on top of the Bitcoin codebase.

So allow me to be very doubtful of anyone claiming Verge is a serious and innovative crypto currency when in reality they are really struggling to copy half of what was widely done years ago by many privacy projects. Verge is straight up insulting to privacy advocates and people that actually care about privacy being about privacy and not hype.

Just my 2 cents, quite glad to see Particl and PIVX up in your top 5 though Smiley

Cryptoguard, he didn't write the blog, I did. He just shared it (thanks).

I'm not sure if you're talking in general or me specifically when you say: "So allow me to be very doubtful of anyone claiming Verge is a serious and innovative crypto currency". I made no such claims, I even mentioned that people found the Wraith Protocol underwhelming. I don't have the same dislike of Verge as you do, but neither do I see it as revolutionary. I definitely think there's a place for it though and I'm interested to see where it goes.

The blog was simply for people wishing to buy altcoins during the crash to take advantage of the lows. It was right, shortly after posting every alt on the list increased quite a bit, two of them 40% or more. So it fulfilled this purpose. In hindsight it's easy to say this was obvious that these 5 coins would recover strong, but it wasn't so obvious to people panicking and predicting the end of crypto during this latest crash.

It was simply to give people a brief on the coins and what the current lows were vs. recent prices. It wasn't a commentary on which coin is better than the others.

Actually, I'd list as favourites for long-term as:

1) Phore
2) Particl
3) PivX

nimelo

Activity: 222

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:15:06 AM

Just in case anyone missed it, this is the latest market demo - Click here if it doesn't load below automatically https://i.imgur.com/0ocoTmU.gif

cryptoguard

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

Second marketplace preview focused on the buyer's perspective: https://i.imgur.com/jKGPiDd.mp4

It is absolutely gorgeous!  Cool
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:06:25 PM

I would rather use this one here:

The one you posted was not a final version and I don't know how it ended up in that article :S The one I posted is factual, the one with the 8 points well...there was some stuff that weren't first in crypto so we edited them out for truth's sake.
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:33:18 PM

Particl Desktop Release (February 07)
https://coindar.org/en/event/particl-part-particl-desktop-release-3194
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:53:18 AM

Is the staking still profitable If I don't have so much particl in my wallet? Let's say i have 1000 particl, what the current staking reward i will get on it?
nimelo

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:49:54 AM

Is the staking still profitable If I don't have so much particl in my wallet? Let's say i have 1000 particl, what the current staking reward i will get on it?

Yes still very profitable, you'll get about 7-8% per year

Setup cold staking for additional security, next release should have a ZAP function to convert staking almost instantly Smiley

nimelo

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:51:09 AM

Twitter contest to get 40 Particl for free! https://twitter.com/ParticlProject/status/962794777992466434

ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:31:14 PM

Live Stream on Youtube (February 23 17:00 UTC)
https://coindar.org/en/event/particl-part-live-stream-on-youtube-3723
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:00:33 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 12:13:26 AM by easypeasy

lol paying 30 odd $'s for this when u could have "phore" for around $3, wake up lads and lassies

i dont believe your keeping up with your ever growing research or you must be slacking

anyone of you have a look at the phore wp and rm and tell me that part is the better/more profitable investment, i will call u a delousinist or just plain wrong

come back at me please, dont be shy

cryptoguard

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

Particl Desktop 1.1.0 was released  Cheesy

https://particl.news/particl-desktop-v1-1-0-b87b51c2b29d

We are proud to remove the “testnet” tag off our flagship application Particl Desktop today and move it on to mainnet. Thank you to everyone testing it the past 10 days as we ironed out the remaining issues.

The team spent time fixing bugs, adding new features and streamlining the flow of the GUI. Some pages have been updated to better the user experience. Furthermore, a major restructure effort over the GUI codebase has been completed.

The code is now more modular, less prone to errors and takes advantage of the capabilities that the latest Angular provides. This pre-marketplace code restructuration will enable us to implement features like auto-update and multiwallet in a much better way.

As the marketplace will also be integrated soon, we renamed the software to the simple and beautiful "Particl Desktop". This software is intended to include the wallet, the marketplace, secure chat & more. You can now find it under the particl-desktop repository of the Particl GitHub organization.

Test the Particl Desktop to discover all the other improvements we made, and do not hesitate to point out things we might have overlooked in our inevitable humanity (see below to open issues).
ZAP

The addition of the ZAP functionality will greatly assist in successful cold staking activation*. This feature brings the option to:

Force (ZAP) that last few PART over to the cold stake address that might take a long time to stake otherwise
    Force (ZAP) funds from small wallets to the cold staking address
    Quickly activate cold staking, by means of sending all funds to the cold staking address in a single transaction

* Take note that the later will be less private. If Privacy is a high concern for you we would suggest allowing the cold staking process the needed time to stake the funds as intended.

Features

Cold staking widget
    ZAP functionality for fast cold staking activation
    Debug window console
    Added debug console history with up and down arrow navigation
    Added RPC calls to console
    History filters
    Send page redesign
    Syncing progress bar in left side menu
    Notifications for a new release
    OS notifications for stakes and incoming transactions
    Display client and daemon versions
    Paste button in address add
    Paste an address anywhere in send page and address book
    Display public narrations on transactions
    Choose how many transactions to display per page
    Added background image for Mac DMG
    Contributing guidelines
    Upgrade dependencies
    Added checksums for build process
    Added message pop up for daemon loading
    Added new angularx qrcode in qrcode modal
    RPC state refactoring
    Added additional information about Anon TXs
    Added window resizing
    Various graphical tweaks for 1.1.0
    Upgraded partilcd to latest 0.15.1.2

Bugs fixed

Big thanks to the community members who helped document the bugs and provided error logs.

Balance transfer blind -> public
    Blank modals
    Diverse length seeds importing
    Confirmations updating
    Mac tray icon
    Daemon messages
    Daemon restart (encrypting wallet)
    Auto locking wallet
    Blind balance display
    App not quitting when daemon start before the GUI
    Too much RPC calls to the daemon
    Fixed preceding issue on creation of wallet, due to passwords.
    Sign and Verify modal refactoring
    Changed save button name on address book
    Fixed success flash message not aligned
    App title update
    Fixed wallet detection
    Resolve create wallet without recovery passphrase
    Fixed Mac build issues
    Fixed label issue and address book page update
    Fixed double pasting on OSX
    Focus on input when debug console open
    Spacing fix in command console
    Various other bugs
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:22:22 PM

Particl: A Decentralized, Private and Trustless Economy. Say goodbye to central bank and government meddling. No trust required, just pure cryptography Wink

leo1in88

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:08:39 PM

so is it an another silent project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: