Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Better mtgox chart  (Read 5147 times)
mtgox (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 10:01:46 PM

I'm in the process of making a real time chart you can order from. It still has a ways to go but it shows data much nicer than the old charts so I'll go ahead and post a link: http://mtgox.com/trade/test

This probably doesn't work in IE.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zenchess

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 10:05:06 PM

Doesn't seem to work in chrome, either
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 10:12:38 PM

nice work.
interesting to see 1day candles.
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 10:24:52 PM

Doesn't seem to work in chrome, either

+1

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 10:26:31 PM

in firefox it is a bit unstable, too. sometimes no data is displayed.
mtgox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 10:43:52 PM

It works in chrome now

tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 10:47:06 PM

It works in chrome now

nope, it doesn't. only form fields are shown.
bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 11:40:18 PM

Why you do not use flash charts? They are ready and free (small ads in the corner) and works fine.

- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 11:51:50 PM

Why you do not use flash charts? They are ready and free (small ads in the corner) and works fine.

Because flash sucks.

mtgox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 02:05:30 AM

ok works in chrome for real now.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 02:22:36 AM

I can see the chart when I am logged in.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 06:12:03 AM

Sometime, there is no display. Sometime, the chart is displayed. Sometime, there is no data in the chart.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 06:28:06 AM

Some people are put off your site because of flash.

Many of us don't trust to allow flash to run.

I would like to talk with you about co-operating. I'm just about ready to start incorporating your sales data into my own pricing formula.

I'm interested in trading WMR

Shane

bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 01:51:39 PM

Some people are put off your site because of flash.

Many of us don't trust to allow flash to run.

IMHO, this is a very special paranoid. Javascript no less shit than the flash. But the flash, at least in theory, can run in a sandbox.

I would like to talk with you about co-operating. I'm just about ready to start incorporating your sales data into my own pricing formula.

I'm interested in trading WMR

Shane

Please, send mail to support@btcex.com

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 06:58:24 PM

> Some people are put off your site because of flash.

IMHO, this is a very special paranoid. Javascript no less shit than the flash. But the flash, at least in theory, can run in a sandbox.

I don't doubt that you are correct, but so am I. People have expressed a reluctance to use your site because of the need for flash.

bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 08:40:19 PM

> Some people are put off your site because of flash.

I don't doubt that you are correct, but so am I. People have expressed a reluctance to use your site because of the need for flash.

I also do not like flash. But it works here and I do not spend hours  to get diagram displayed.
And I also know many people who says that mtgox absolutely incorrect shows trading info. But everyone loves mtgox because it's such darling! Ugh!

nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 08:53:11 PM

so can javascript - if you run the whole browser in a sandbox Smiley which is the only type of sandbox i'd trust with flash, too heh.

but anyway - i completely agree, both js and flash are annoying, and i'd be very happy to see a nice static-html trading site. you can have a 'special' js or flash live-ticker, or live order book display, or live-updating chart... but besides that, a person should have complete functionality without flash or js.

in my book, if it's not automatic-live-updating... there's no call for requiring flash or js.

problem with mtg is it uses javascript... but the order book and charts are not live-updating (as in, page has to be refreshed, or button manually clicked, to refresh the view). so it's like the worst of both worlds on this issue. but it is a very nice and functional site in other respects, and has a relatively deep market. Smiley

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 09:13:31 PM

so can javascript - if you run the whole browser in a sandbox Smiley which is the only type of sandbox i'd trust with flash, too heh.

but anyway - i completely agree, both js and flash are annoying, and i'd be very happy to see a nice static-html trading site. you can have a 'special' js or flash live-ticker, or live order book display, or live-updating chart... but besides that, a person should have complete functionality without flash or js.

in my book, if it's not automatic-live-updating... there's no call for requiring flash or js.

But so very well solve the problem of time zones. (If this a problem, of course)

problem with mtg is it uses javascript... but the order book and charts are not live-updating (as in, page has to be refreshed, or button manually clicked, to refresh the view). so it's like the worst of both worlds on this issue. but it is a very nice and functional site in other respects, and has a relatively deep market. Smiley

It's a horrible site and is popular due to a misunderstanding. Community still regret it because gamble with LR will lead bitcoin to a deadlock. hehe Smiley

mtgox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 09:20:21 PM

>And I also know many people who says that mtgox absolutely incorrect shows trading info.

bitcoinex:  What trading info is incorrect?

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 09:46:46 PM

+1 MtGox

You are doing a great job, and you have been doing it for free for many months. The trading on your side works best, according to my colleagues and friends.

Probably there are some people here just jealous who have almost 0 volume on their exchange.

Keep the great work up!

Of note: Yes, the site could be improved, but I am sure that MtGox would be happy to take contructive suggestions of active help, rather than people complaining about it all the time. People complaining are cordially invited to create a competing exchange if they think they can do it better.

.. sorry for the hard words, but many of the above is just very unfair.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: