Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Better mtgox chart  (Read 5147 times)
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 09:57:54 PM

>And I also know many people who says that mtgox absolutely incorrect shows trading info.

bitcoinex:  What trading info is incorrect?

Open: https://mtgox.com/trade/history
Click on "Last 48 hours". Click again and again and again. You see little changes on the chart?

Your code do something like:
SELECT time, price FROM trades_history ORDER BY time;

But there is almost always a few trades have occurred simultaneously. More precisely, it is the same trade but with a lot of orders. That's why changing the chart. As a minimum, you need to add sort by another field.

But it says more about the problem really is. It is impossible charts with lots of points corresponding to one value of x, unless it's not trigonometry. People see total volume at every x point. And when traded offers contain one with too large or too small price, while showing a large amount of the transaction, they think that the rate has changed a lot, though in fact it is "sticking" the offer was met by ~0.01 bitcoins. I know at least 2 people who trying use it to rate manipulations.

For each x point (each trade) is necessary to calculate the real value of the price (weighted price, for example).

This also suggests (to me) about that 99.99% of bitcoin users is monkey-profiteers and the next six months bitcoin had no prospects. That's why the last few days I write these evil messages.  Angry

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:03:39 PM

agree with your logic about the better accuracy if weighted price poer trade would be shown, ... but ... if you want good charts, why don't you go to bitcoincharts.com and get them?

you don't need to go to the nyse.com to get good charts

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:22:55 PM

well... I believed that  bitcoincharts.com shows each individual trade also from mtgox  on the homepage. Then bitcoincharts.com could calculate the weighted average trade price and then create the corresponding point on the charts.

I apologize if I am mistaken.

bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 10:30:40 PM

Probably yes, anyway, do not be offended.

A few months no one noticed this problem or what? Forest of dots-trees?

It is not even about a specific problem but about people who create the weather on the market. Today I have "earned" $110.26 on the bitcoin market but I still see that then what we do here is nonsense.

- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:37:46 PM

well... I believed that  bitcoincharts.com shows each individual trade also from mtgox  on the homepage. Then bitcoincharts.com could calculate the weighted average trade price and then create the corresponding point on the charts.

I'm not averaging trades, but I'm aware (and annoyed) of the problem. It's especially annoying for the last traded price when it jumps between 0.25 and 0.28 on every refresh. Not sure what I'll do to fix it, but it's on my todo.
bitcoinex

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 10:51:05 PM

I'm not averaging trades, but I'm aware (and annoyed) of the problem. It's especially annoying for the last traded price when it jumps between 0.25 and 0.28 on every refresh. Not sure what I'll do to fix it, but it's on my todo.

Now you have no choice but to get average price for each time stamp and sum value for each time stamp before process trade data.

tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:54:35 PM

Now you have no choice but to get average price for each time stamp and sum value for each time stamp before process trade data.

I can just do the weighted averaging within the SQL query. This might be okay for charts, but I'm not sure if a "calculated" closing price is a good idea for the overview page. For now I'll make the order fixed to whatever mtgox provided.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: