Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the real Bitcoin debate and why the market always wins  (Read 2005 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

This post really inspired me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5pcpec/the_debate_is_not_should_the_blocksize_be_1mb/

Let's talk about it. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oznog

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 03:45:22 PM

The small blockers have already failed.

If they were right, the community would not be divided or talk serious about a hard fork.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:09:12 PM

If they were right, the community would not be divided or talk serious about a hard fork.

segwit = core(blockstream) job security of their Tier network they want. and able to slide in trojans more easily(going "soft will be easier") without node/pool votes due to use of bribes(fee discount) and blackmails(PoW algo changes) to try getting them to that point.

where as dynamics, with simple lines of code changes which many implementations (bar core hesitant group) have already got, allows diverse peers to work with consensus so that they are all on the same playing field where both node and pools have to come to an agreement else it wont change.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:15:01 PM

One thing I know is that because it is big doesn't mean is better, I think the problem with some miners is fear of the unknown. I still believe for now SegWit is the best available solution on the table
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

Why talk about it? It's not about what we in the crypto slums think, it's about what the big colluding Chinamen miners think. If they want 100mb block sizes, go ahead. All 99% of those who come in this forum care about is the price of their precious. So go ahead, centralize the shit out of it.
That doesn't even make sense, the nodes matter just as much as miners and even then China doesn't hold >50% of the current hashrate.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:25:34 PM

the small blockers never said that they like small blocks man, they are saying that they don't like big block, but prefer to go another route, well in the end only miners and exchange decide, nothing a average user can do for this

Why talk about it? It's not about what we in the crypto slums think, it's about what the big colluding Chinamen miners think. If they want 100mb block sizes, go ahead. All 99% of those who come in this forum care about is the price of their precious. So go ahead, centralize the shit out of it.
That doesn't even make sense, the nodes matter just as much as miners and even then China doesn't hold >50% of the current hashrate.

no nodes doesn't matter like miners man, what you are talking about? node count nithing, only miners and exchange have a word here, because if exchange do not listen the new for miners can't sell, they are both with the same importance

vnvizow

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:31:36 PM

no nodes doesn't matter like miners man, what you are talking about? node count nithing, only miners and exchange have a word here, because if exchange do not listen the new for miners can't sell, they are both with the same importance
Try running a coin with just miners and no nodes then. Nodes represent the community, and it's not like if exchanges disappeared no more trades would occur (member back when there were no exchanges? Did the coin die without them? exactly)
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:35:22 PM

You are incorrect.
Good exchanges usually have their own Validator Nodes, they do not defer to Miners.

Validator Nodes maintain and enforce the protocol, not miners.
Miners build blocks based on the node enforced protocol.

Miners play by the Rules they are told to follow by the Nodes.
A forked protocol change, changes the Node Rules.

Where is all this misinfo about Nodes being worthless coming from lately? Pretty sad.
This is a fundamental Bitcoin understanding. If it wasn't true, then Miners have
absolute free will and that has not occurred in the past nor currently.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Oznog

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 04:44:47 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 05:37:24 PM by Oznog

the small blockers never said that they like small blocks man, they are saying that they don't like big block, but prefer to go another route, well in the end only miners and exchange decide, nothing a average user can do for this

That another route is called SegWit and has a conflict of interests in favor of small blocks.
Unlimited implementation makes SegWit unnecessary.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:51:18 PM

Impossible to read. Too much propaganda. Thanks for nothing OP.

The market will obviously decide and if BU had the market they would have forked long ago. You don't need to ask when you have the economic majority backing you.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Oznog

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 04:57:11 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 05:37:16 PM by Oznog

The block chain is not decided by proof-of-ip or proof-of-developers, it is decided by proof-of-work.
Therefore, the chain with more computing power will always prevail.
Therefore, the decision is of the miners and they are influenced directly to the market price.
This is the consensus of Nakamoto as I understand it.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:59:14 PM

The market will obviously decide and if BU had the market they would have forked long ago. You don't need to ask when you have the economic majority backing you.

Sorry you didn't like it -- I guess I was preaching to the choir here bud.

I agree, the market will decide.  You have yourself a nice day.  Grin

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:02:15 PM

It not that "I didn't like it". It's that whoever wrote it started throwing shit about two sentences in. If you can't make an argument without calling someone names, then you are just wasting my time.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
vnvizow

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:12:15 PM

It not that "I didn't like it". It's that whoever wrote it started throwing shit about two sentences in. If you can't make an argument without calling someone names, then you are just wasting my time.
1. it's reddit (basically SFW 4chan) 2. IMO it's reflective of the atmosphere in the community right now...can't get your point across unless you're capslocking everything with swears and names
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:15:04 PM

The block chain is not decided by proof-of-ip or proof-of-developers, it is decided by proof-of-work.
Therefore, the chain with more computing power will always prevail.
Therefore, the decision is of the miners and they are influenced directly to the market price.
This is the consensus of Nakamoto as I understand it.

What you just stated is incorrect in response to my statement.

You are talking about signaling for proposed protocol changes and then
after that change, how that "new protocol" chain is built upon.

What you have failed to address, which is my statement, is that in order for
miners to get a new protocol change, they need a node network that supports
their protocol change. Miners without a decentralized validator node network is
not a blockchain nor a cryptocurrency. What you described is like a OneCoin scam.

Nakamoto Consensus as it was envisioned in the Whitepaper stopped being true
when ASICs forced the separation between Mining and Validating. Today, Miners
if they wanted to, do not need to validate to mine. The Validator Node network
currently holds them to some semi-validation. Without them, miners can build
invalid blocks without recourse.

Nakamoto Consensus was based on 1 CPU = 1 Vote. When 1 CPU = 1 Vote stopped
being applicable, Nakamoto Consensus either ended, or morphed into what I am
saying, depending on your viewpoint. Today, we call it simply "Consensus" (since
"Nakamoto Consensus" essentially failed).

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

The current upward trend is a proves market will always wins. Btu which try to bring disharmony to bitcoin community and centralized bitcoin is enemy of this community. What we the traders want is increase in the value of bitcoin and I am praying for bitcoin to remains decentralized.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:38:27 PM

not a blockchain nor a cryptocurrency. What you described is like a OneCoin scam.

saying, depending on your viewpoint. Today, we call it simply "Consensus" (since

node consensus still exists.

nodes can still orphan blocks.
this is why core INTENTIONALLY decided to avoid node consensus.

do not confuse CORES intentions of giving only pools the vote. with how the 3 dimensional symbiotic secure of consensus works.

nodes can still block and ban off anything segwit if they wanted to.
this is why segwit  has their segwit pstream tier network to strip blocks to 'fake it' to appear as a block that follows old rules to fake it passed nodes. but nodes can ip ban segwit filter nodes if they so wish to.

much like segwit can ban and orphan non segwit nodes and blocks.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
vnvizow

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:45:55 PM

node consensus still exists.

nodes can still orphan blocks.
this is why core INTENTIONALLY decided to avoid node consensus.

do not confuse CORES intentions of giving only pools the vote. with how the 3 dimensional symbiotic secure of consensus works.

nodes can still block and ban off anything segwit if they wanted to.
this is why segwit  has their segwit pstream tier network to strip blocks to 'fake it' to appear as a block that follows old rules to fake it passed nodes. but nodes can ip ban segwit filter nodes if they so wish to.

much like segwit can ban and orphan non segwit nodes and blocks.
Wait, is that why the percentage for segwit acceptance vary so much? I'm going to assume BU has the same issue
Jacce

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:47:27 PM

To me it seems more like a centralized core dev team vs a bunch of chinese miner oligarchs.

In the end, though, I think you are right that the market always wins. That doesn't really equate to whoever has the most mining power, though, but rather where the money of the users is. If more (rich) people wants to buy Core bitcoins that Unlimited bitcoins, then I would say Core wins (or vice versa).
Oznog

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

In my opinion it is over-understood that GPU, ASIC and also future quantum computing is understood as "CPU" in this context.

If as you say the nodes has weight, that weight is about only 40$/m per node.
Why do you think that the deployment of nodes is a big problem for the miners?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: