Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash mining and breakeven  (Read 910 times)
jeffytune (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Peace not piece.

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:56:11 PM

I am thinking of buying a contract for Dash mining at GM but I am unable to find any trustworthy information about when I will be able (if anytime) to recover my money back. I have searched a lot but only found contradictory info some says you will NEVER recover your initial money back because they will raise the difficulty level quite frequently and you would need to pump more money to get hash rate to compete with difficulty and in this process you will never catch your tail.

But couple of guys post videos at yt to show they are making good and after only few months initial money will be back.

And I think myself that if its so bad then what's the point of this company and why its still here if nobody gets their money back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:24:26 PM

I am thinking of buying a contract for Dash mining at GM but I am unable to find any trustworthy information about when I will be able (if anytime) to recover my money back. I have searched a lot but only found contradictory info some says you will NEVER recover your initial money back because they will raise the difficulty level quite frequently and you would need to pump more money to get hash rate to compete with difficulty and in this process you will never catch your tail.

But couple of guys post videos at yt to show they are making good and after only few months initial money will be back.

And I think myself that if its so bad then what's the point of this company and why its still here if nobody gets their money back.

Forget about cloudmining, you never break even because of maintenance fees, better buy some miners @ home.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

Better buy your gear and mine yourself,if you don't have time to do it yourself so better invest in trading , crypto trading is easy and profitable , cloud mining is waste of money and time and yes you will be lucky if you break even.

2016 GPU Miner
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:28:25 PM

I have some contracts with GM and honestly they don't make very much.

I have 150mh/s x11 with them and for the money I would have been far better off just buying Dash with it.

They do pay out roughly what you would expect for that hashrate and since dash has gone way up it has gotten better but really I think with the prices they charge it's better to either (like I said) just buy the coin you would eventually mine, or spend the money on GPU mining rigs - mine ETH or ZEC (especially if you have cheap electricity and then trade the GPU mined coins for Dash. That's what I have been doing.

The main problem is that since Dash is so high priced - SO MANY people are mining it with ASICs that the difficuly is getting huge so the return is getting lower and lower.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
jeffytune (OP)

Peace not piece.

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:00:57 PM

Better buy your gear and mine yourself,if you don't have time to do it yourself so better invest in trading , crypto trading is easy and profitable , cloud mining is waste of money and time and yes you will be lucky if you break even.

But If I buy and run from home then I would have to calculate electricity costs and some expenditure on other related stuff too.

But would it be worth of this hassle? (bcoz in cloud mining you pay and sit watching)

Do you have any numbers if we can talk about its setup and running cost and probable reward for it?
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:49:56 PM

But If I buy and run from home then I would have to calculate electricity costs and some expenditure on other related stuff too.

But would it be worth of this hassle? (bcoz in cloud mining you pay and sit watching)

Do you have any numbers if we can talk about its setup and running cost and probable reward for it?

Depends on your electricity price $/kwh , if you have something less than $0.10/kwh so you can start and you will get some profit , for me mining with my own gear is profitable from day 1 because i always have that gear which has a market resell value , incase of cloud mining you don't have this option , you actually paid the price of someone's machines and you will only be left with some hope to break even, you will find here in that fourm alot of threads to help you setup your own system up and running ,it will take some time and patience from you but at the end you will get a profit in the worst case you can sell your machine and make at least 80% back.

2016 GPU Miner
lokomotive

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:53:39 AM

x11 (Dash) miner are highly efficent and you could even make good money before dash pump with electricity costs. Problem is all of them are sold out. So you have to hold until mid april or may.
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:17:52 AM

Please teach me Cheesy
I work with crypto since year and I always lose money when i try to trade!
jeffytune (OP)

Peace not piece.

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

Depends on your electricity price $/kwh , if you have something less than $0.10/kwh so you can start and you will get some profit , for me mining with my own gear is profitable from day 1 because i always have that gear which has a market resell value , incase of cloud mining you don't have this option , you actually paid the price of someone's machines and you will only be left with some hope to break even, you will find here in that fourm alot of threads to help you setup your own system up and running ,it will take some time and patience from you but at the end you will get a profit in the worst case you can sell your machine and make at least 80% back.

If I buy one such rig then how many kwh it will consume in 24 hours? ( I want to calculate my electricity cost)

And what to expect from it in terms of profits?
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:24:39 PM

If I buy one such rig then how many kwh it will consume in 24 hours? ( I want to calculate my electricity cost)

There is not a default power usage.

I just give you an example with one of my rigs:
5x Sapphire nitro+ RX 470 4Gb
While mining ETH the power consume is around 750W.

Let's suppose you have a 0.10$/Kwh rate
750W = 0.750KW
Daily cost= 0.750*24*0.10=1.8$

I hope this helps
jeffytune (OP)

Peace not piece.

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:07:21 PM

There is not a default power usage.

I just give you an example with one of my rigs:
5x Sapphire nitro+ RX 470 4Gb
While mining ETH the power consume is around 750W.

Let's suppose you have a 0.10$/Kwh rate
750W = 0.750KW
Daily cost= 0.750*24*0.10=1.8$

I hope this helps

Yes its wattage figure helps to calculate the cost.

What's its mining rate?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: