Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:58:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It costs ~100K USD to run a Dash Masternode.  (Read 1120 times)
johnny_day (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:19:45 PM

How is that acceptable? Can they even call themselves a decentralized virtual currency with such a high barrier to enter? They also have 4k masternodes. I find it hard to believe that 4000 different people are at least 100k deep in Dash. Something fishy seems to be going on here if you ask me.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:24:04 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 08:41:40 PM by mining1

2mil dash were instamined after the mining started because of a bug. Evan at first thought it's unnacceptable untill he realised that can enrichen him. So he forgave his own mystake and with god's will he continued his holy crusade in an attempt to build a better world.
knircky

Activity: 99
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:46:10 PM

How is that acceptable? Can they even call themselves a decentralized virtual currency with such a high barrier to enter? They also have 4k masternodes. I find it hard to believe that 4000 different people are at least 100k deep in Dash. Something fishy seems to be going on here if you ask me.

Much cheaper than a bitcoin miner. It cost 1k dash. Dashbused to be 2, then 6 then 10. So a month ago a mode was 10k not that big a deal.

johnny_day (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:59:48 PM

Much cheaper than a bitcoin miner. It cost 1k dash. Dashbused to be 2, then 6 then 10. So a month ago a mode was 10k not that big a deal.

Yes but I can easily run a full node on Bitcoin for $15 a month. Is there a Dash equivalent to a full node? I thought that's what a Masternode was?
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:12:09 PM

Read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/.../what_is_the_difference_between_a_node_full_node/

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 10:00:00 PM

And mistakely lowered the total coin supply by 75%..  Wink
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 10:35:11 PM

Only takes $4800 to run a PIVX one

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:01:28 PM

Only takes $4800 to run a PIVX one

And let the prisoner's dilemma begin.

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

LOL you must be a noob

yes, as of today you need ~100K but you had plenty of time to get it when it was cheap
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:25:30 PM

LOL you must be a noob

yes, as of today you need ~100K but you had plenty of time to get it when it was cheap

That's not an argument for anyone to invest, it's an argument for why you should resent these assholes for wanting you to pay a noob fee. So rather than go build a timemachine, I'll go and invest in the coin that offers the same services but has the potential to exponentially increase and not pay you a dime for your instamine.

badenglishtea

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:25:43 PM

It's called PIVX.

Its like Dash but with a fair distribution (no instamine), great community (transparent), and POS.

Masternodes are about $5k.

Buying at this point is betting on a Poloniex add, and a bet that this can directly compete with Dash. If it pays off, at least 2x return.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:36:59 PM

LOL you must be a noob

That's not an argument for anyone to invest, it's an argument for why you should resent these assholes for wanting you to pay a noob fee. So rather than go build a timemachine, I'll go and invest in the coin that offers the same services but has the potential to exponentially increase and not pay you a dime for your instamine.

sure, go with it

i just find pointless for the OP to complain about the current price of a masternode when there was +2 years of time to get one waaay cheaper
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:49:58 PM

LOL you must be a noob

sure, go with it

i just find pointless for the OP to complain about the current price of a masternode when there was +2 years of time to get one waaay cheaper

The cost in the past highlights its future limitations and underscores how a better product with a fairer distribution may exceed its predecessor.

johnny_day (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:55:49 PM

Doesn't it seem disproportionately high? What's the equivalent entry fee on Bitcoin? 2M USD?
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:14:36 AM

What's the equivalent entry fee on Bitcoin? 2M USD?

For a cost competitive mining farm, probably in that realm.

My reply isn't an argument for Dash, but an argument about bad attributes of PoW.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:50:24 AM

So he forgave his own my-stake

Lol.

Edit: I can't believe the moderator deleted this post. I am reposting my joke. I guess the moderator is too blind to see that you misspelled 'mistake' on purpose and I emphasized it by inserting a hypen. Mods can be dimwits when the humor is too concise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: