Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not treat BU as Alt?  (Read 2340 times)
aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:14:13 PM

Satoshi dumped Bitcoin right after Gavin announced he was going to the CIA.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113609.0
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

bitcoin unlimited is not Bitcoin. It is created to destroy bitcoin and destroy the decentralized system. Most of bitcoin unlimited will obviously controlled by the Chinese and when it fully realeases, you will understand how idiot it can be. The chinese will control most of the mining hash rate. Moreover, we can easily start a 51 attack in bitcoin unlimited due to the reason that there are not many small miners anymore

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

zombijs

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:21:32 PM

I would fully support that solution. I am currency agnostic, so if "BU-altcoin" is done that way (without premine or ICO or so) 

No one who really supports BU would support that, as we obviously want the legacy blockchain and everything that comes with it, including an undiluted asset. We want Bitcoin to scale , not an alt.

All exchanges alredy said it's gona be an alt. So goodbye taking over chain. After fork BTU will be like any other shitcoin like ETH, DASH and etc.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:28:55 PM

When we can have both btc and BU co exist, why not treat BU like another Altcoin similar to btc?.
Why can't both compliment each other?

Because BU has a goal of replacing BTC asap, and since both will have the same blockchain history until the moment of forking, BU will be able to easily appeal to most of the Bitcoin users. Altcoins are usually distributed via mining starting early from genesis block or ICO, but BU will be different from any altcoin, in terms of distribution. So in some sense BU is an altcoin, and in some is not. Just look what happened with ETH and ETC and you'll get some idea of what can happen with Bitcoin and BU.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

BTU is a subdivision of BTC, however, I think it's just an alt coin. Because we do not need such a kind of money, I think it will be useless in the future, and its value will never be equal to bitcoin. The BTU was created only to satisfy the greed of the miners, so it would not last long. I believe that is true. I always hope bitcoin is a single currency, it should not be divided
Miners should not be allowed to impose their whims on users.It is true that miners have a strong say but the ultimate power rests in users hand.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 01:31:54 PM

why not treat BU like another Altcoin similar to btc?.

SegWit is the Alt.  Bitcoin unlimited is Bitcoin.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 01:33:06 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited = BTC

Bitcoin Core/Blockstream = BCB

Let those stupid fuckers take the other name.  'BTC' is for the original 'real' bitcoin.  BTC is for Bitcoin unlimited.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 01:40:36 PM

Isn't BU an altcoin already? its an alternative coin so its an ALT.  
ETH is an alt and ETC still is an alt. The only problem i see though is that BU has value as the chain splits. They can't just let the consensus decide so everyone has to suffer.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:36:19 PM

Isn't BU an altcoin already? its an alternative coin so its an ALT.  

No, although apparently some exchanges offer futures on it ... IF there is a network split.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6359

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:44:26 PM

No one who really supports BU would support that, as we obviously want the legacy blockchain and everything that comes with it, including an undiluted asset. We want Bitcoin to scale , not an alt.

But let's assume that the Unlimited alt works great and people find it more useful than Core. Over time more and more people move across and it usurps Core. [...]
In that scenario it started off with a snapshot of the original chain and eventually it squirts past it out of pure merit and in circumstances with no baggage whatsoever.

I could agree with that.  You might even say that it would be even more respected and 'cleaner' since it would have none of the tainted history of Bitcoin (mt gox, etc).
There is one more advantage: You would have a very small blockchain at the beginning. Bitcoin "beginners" wouldn't have to download 107 GB and that would be a competitive advantage.

But the reason why I would like to see a "BU altcoin" is that it would be a way to test it thoroughly "in the wild". As many Core supporters (including me) have doubts that its consensus will work as expected, it would be the opportunity to the BU team to show that it works well. In this case it's even possible that at the end Core adopts it and the "original BTC" would come with BU rules.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4492

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:46:59 PM

But the reason why I would like to see a "BU altcoin" is that it would be a way to test it thoroughly "in the wild". As many Core supporters (including me) have doubts that its consensus will work as expected, it would be the opportunity to the BU team to show that it works well. In this case it's even possible that at the end Core adopts it and the "original BTC" would come with BU rules.

cough testnet cough

run it on testnet.. oh look now you have your own separate network to test it in the wild

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 07:04:47 PM

isn't BU a ticker for Bullshit?
whoever supports this bullshit is pretty much dying to have a ton of bitcoin to which they are now trying to derail everything just to put panic to everyone. of course they don't just want it to drag down to 1000. less than $100/btc is much better so we can grab a stash and once again try to get ETF approved.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:13:39 PM

There is one more advantage: You would have a very small blockchain at the beginning. Bitcoin "beginners" wouldn't have to download 107 GB and that would be a competitive advantage.

Not illogical but I am doubtful you would be able to compel the supports of BU with the "advantages" of forking off.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

isn't BU a ticker for Bullshit?
whoever supports this bullshit is pretty much dying to have a ton of bitcoin to which they are now trying to derail everything just to put panic to everyone. of course they don't just want it to drag down to 1000. less than $100/btc is much better so we can grab a stash and once again try to get ETF approved.

At this moment BTC price is falling like an inverted rocket. I don't think this was the most smart idea to execute. Total instability on Bitcoin price and many investors are in doubt know about what to do, what means they can stop using Bitcoin and going back to fiat again. The procediments for laymen investors aren't clear enough.  Angry

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:45:41 AM

When we can have both btc and BU co exist, why not treat BU like another Altcoin similar to btc?.

Well it is a fork of bitcoin itself… And it is a direct competitor of bitcoin so it is really hard to see it as an altcoin.

There is a lot of infighting right now happening across the bitcoin community because of this hard fork discussion. Honestly i’d rather have the decision made sooner than having people spreading FUD and talking shit on both sides on a daily basis.

The Bitcoin Unlimited supporters will probably push to get BTU as the actual BTC, after the hard fork if their coin is listed as an altcoin on major exchanges.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:04:39 AM

A lot of exchanges has already made statements in public that they will only honor Bitcoin Core as the actual bitcoin, and Bitcoin Unlimited will only be listed as an altcoin to trade against the BTC.

This sounds like a great idea to me and will probably appeal a lot to the speculators, as Bitcoin Core vs Bitcoin unlimited will probably become the next biggest altcoin trading pair.

I doubt bitcoin unlimited will ever become “bitcoin”. It will always known as “bitcoin unlimited”, whilst being listed on bitcoin and altcoin exchanges as the symbol BTU instead of BTC.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:11:25 AM

I dont get it.
I have read so much yet I cant still understand.
They say it is an altcoin but alts should have a price right?
Some say it is part of bitcoin, if that is the case then there should not be a price for this or else they will be a competitor.
If they will get their profits through bitcoin only then I can't say they are an alt but more like an option to transact.
Which is it really? Can someone make it clear?
user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:31:17 AM

I think it would be a good idea to list Bitcoin Unlimited as an altcoin because it is not the original bitcoin. I mean it is pretty much against what satoshi originally thought bitcoin was going to be and it is developed not by the core team.

I’m not commenting on whether or not the fork is superior or not, but the name bitcoin should be reserved for the bitcoin core team in my opinion only.

Bitcoin unlimited should be called bitcoin unlimited into the future, and be traded against the actual bitcoin on major exchanges. Most exchanges have already commented on this as well.

I dont get it.
Some say it is part of bitcoin, if that is the case then there should not be a price for this or else they will be a competitor.
If they will get their profits through bitcoin only then I can't say they are an alt but more like an option to transact.

I'd lean to BU as altcoin but others may disagree.

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:39:38 AM

bitcoin unlimited is not Bitcoin. It is created to destroy bitcoin and destroy the decentralized system. Most of bitcoin unlimited will obviously controlled by the Chinese and when it fully realeases, you will understand how idiot it can be. The chinese will control most of the mining hash rate. Moreover, we can easily start a 51 attack in bitcoin unlimited due to the reason that there are not many small miners anymore
The gang up against segwit for this long still burders me. IMO it is still the best way to go about the challenges, BU supporters idea looks selfish and have hidden agenda. The idea has not been justified for no course. If it result in centralization by the chinese, u wont ever expect an ETF approval with that

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:40:26 AM

I dont get it.

miners decide if the majority move to the other chain there will be a split otherwise not, this majority is 75%

the problem is that even if BU win with 75% of consensus, it will still be listed as an altcoin, exchange say so, this mean thta people will have both chain operative, and double the amount of coins

one for BU and one for core, basically the split will occur because we want to preserve core, this is how i understood it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: