Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, PIVX Is Now Top 20 CryptoCurrency In World  (Read 8561 times)
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:38:46 PM

I think we all need to take a second to look at Poloniex.

PIVX got to where it is without any major exchange. I am calling out Poloniex because they are the largest US altcoin exchange.

Two months ago Pascal Coin has a market cap of about $80k. Suddenly (without any major news) trading volume picks up and for about two weeks, someone is buying heavy volume without shaking market.

Then like MAGIC, Poloniex lists Pascal Coin, and the market cap goes to $8MM. Does anyone really believe that a third-party was not buying on insider Poloniex knowledge of a listing?

What is it worth now? $1.7MM.

Poloniex is playing a very dirty game.
I cannot wait until they get more heavily regulated, and the SEC/IRS investigates what has been going on, and they get shut down, the class-actioned to hell.

You would think that a major exchange should list any crypto that is top 25 market cap (achieved organically).

I guess Poloniex only wants to list crypto that they can buy through a third-party prior to listing.

This makes perfect sense! I was wondering why the price was being held back with sell walls. If some whale knows it will be going on Poloniex soon they can buy this coin on Bittrex while holding the price back from spiking. This allows them to continue buying while still paying a low price!

It won't be any surprise to me when this goes on Poloniex and then the price skyrockets making the whale who bought a lot of PIVX on Bittrex a very rich person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:50:04 PM

This makes perfect sense! I was wondering why the price was being held back with sell walls. If some whale knows it will be going on Poloniex soon they can buy this coin on Bittrex while holding the price back from spiking. This allows them to continue buying while still paying a low price!

It won't be any surprise to me when this goes on Poloniex and then the price skyrockets making the whale who bought a lot of PIVX on Bittrex a very rich person.

Artificial suppression before Polo gets in on PIVX?  Very interesting...

Lunyyft

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 11:00:48 PM

I notice there has been speculation whether pivx is a p&d coin and if they have devs working full time or part time, but let me say this as a matter of fact.

Seval of the PIVX team also work on another project, Fermat IOP. (Markus, Sarah, and Fuzzbawls). I am a supporter of Fermat (even run the MS state chapter, but that's another story) Anyways, I was introduce to PIVX back when it was around 3000 sats by Markus, who suggested I get into it. It has been a great buy. The media hype and boost through social networks has been amazing. Do I think they have any full time devs working and not part time? Well, the github speaks for its self. I think PIVX has potential, however I feel it's reasoning is simply because it's trying to cash in on the hype Dash has brought. I'm not in long term, but I won't say it's a scam. I have noticed about 10 diff alt accounts spamming Polo's trollbox with requests of PIVX and mentions, which is terrible is a terrible marketing practice. (looks shady as fuck). I would steer away from that type of false advertising, but that's just me. Should you invest? Well, use your own judgement of course.
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:10:48 PM

IMO, you can read for yourself the lengths the PIVX community is going to protect the voice and rights of small money community members and avoid whales controlling it right here:

https://forum.pivx.org/t/how-much-should-a-proof-of-stake-vote-cost-in-a-decentralized-voting-system/214

If you read, see how sustained the volume has been, and see the distribution of masternodes, and somehow STILL think this is a pump and dump... then there's literally nothing to rationally discuss with someone like that, and I'm glad they won't be participating in the community moving forward.

decentralizd

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:23:22 AM

IMO, you can read for yourself the lengths the PIVX community is going to protect the voice and rights of small money community members and avoid whales controlling it right here:

https://forum.pivx.org/t/how-much-should-a-proof-of-stake-vote-cost-in-a-decentralized-voting-system/214

If you read, see how sustained the volume has been, and see the distribution of masternodes, and somehow STILL think this is a pump and dump... then there's literally nothing to rationally discuss with someone like that, and I'm glad they won't be participating in the community moving forward.

LOL GET EM!

DECENTRALIZE IT ALL!
AusKipper

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:46:01 AM

You can also go to their GitHub and see for yourself how much actual coding is being done: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX

Some of the "developers" listed on their new website haven't posted an update since December or probably even before for some of them.

decentralizd

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:27:10 AM

You can also go to their GitHub and see for yourself how much actual coding is being done: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX

Some of the "developers" listed on their new website haven't posted an update since December or probably even before for some of them.

DO all the bitcoin devs constantly submit code?

How about Evan Duffield the founder of Dash and genius creator? LOL

https://github.com/evan82

DECENTRALIZE IT ALL!
Lunyyft

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 05:35:07 AM

After more research, I am sad to announce, stay away from PIVX. Being owned + partner with & hosted by a media advertising company should be enough reasoning. Aside from the fact they focus more on advertising and hype through social media vs working on fixing broken code or implementing new things. (see my previous post) Happy I got out when I did before the bubble burst.
AusKipper

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:48:56 AM

No, but the fact is what is supposed to be their primary source of income, the 10% treasury, has been down for 6 MONTHS with a so called "MINOR" bug.

Go ask Evan how long the Dash treasury would be down for if they found a minor bug in that?

I think Evan may be a bit of a con artist and a little morally challenged, but as far as actual coding goes I have no reason to believe he isn't capable, or at least capable of hiring people who are capable.

Once Pivx fix that I will be a lot less harsh on them.

bitcoinsay

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Presale starts on 28th of April!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:23:14 AM

Congratulations. But the volume was too low.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄██▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄██▄▄
▄████████▄     ▄████████▄
███████▀▀  ▄   ▄  ▀▀███████
██████▀  ▄█████████▄  ▀██████
██████  ▄█████████████▄  ██████
█████  █████████████████  █████
██████  █████████████████  ██████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
████  ███████████████████  ████
▀▀█▀   ▀███████████████▀   ▀█▀▀
▄      ▀█████████████▀      ▄
█▄   ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄   ▄█
▀  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████  ▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
               ▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄██████
   ▄▄▄███████▀████
▀█████████▀ ▄████
   ▀████▀ ▄██████
      ▀ ▄███████
        ██▀█████
        █   ▀██

▄▄▄▄
      ▄█████
      ███
    ▄▄███▄▄
    ███████
      ███
      ███
      ███
           ▄▄▄
 █▄       █████▄▀
 ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████
   █████████████
    ▀██████████
    ▄████████
▄▄████████▀▀

██▄     ▄██▄
 ████▄  ▄█████
 ███████████ █
 ██████████ ██
 █████████ ███
 ████▀███ ████
 ████  ▀ █████
 ▀███     ▀▀██
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
decentralizd

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:24:01 AM

No, but the fact is what is supposed to be their primary source of income, the 10% treasury, has been down for 6 MONTHS with a so called "MINOR" bug.

Go ask Evan how long the Dash treasury would be down for if they found a minor bug in that?

I think Evan may be a bit of a con artist and a little morally challenged, but as far as actual coding goes I have no reason to believe he isn't capable, or at least capable of hiring people who are capable.

Once Pivx fix that I will be a lot less harsh on them.

The bug is that it burns the money instead of awarding it, becuase of something POS related is my guess. They said it will be fixed soom. You guys just love to be harsh on everyone lol. Such is the nature of these forums.

DECENTRALIZE IT ALL!
tyjhaynes

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:08:15 AM

After more research, I am sad to announce, stay away from PIVX. Being owned + partner with & hosted by a media advertising company should be enough reasoning. Aside from the fact they focus more on advertising and hype through social media vs working on fixing broken code or implementing new things. (see my previous post) Happy I got out when I did before the bubble burst.

Sadly I must agree. After reverse image searches of the team and watching the Slack channel for several hours, I'm seeing too many inconsistencies (plus the very similar teams between IoP) and annoying grassroots vagueness similar to both PIVX and IoP marketing. It all just makes me uncomfortable. Apparently an Israeli superstar (Gal Gabor) is on the team!! I'm not a FUDer but just some red flags to note.

The website is well-made, the PR very good, and the pitch convincing but I'm now apologizing to the folks who may have took me as a "fanboy" a few evenings ago in the main thread. Glad I got my share mostly as DNET and avoiding a burst too. If the project is legit and it takes off then shame on me, but I'm pulling my risk out of it too.

--

Some quotes from Slack tonight when someone asked about next steps and a roadmap from a "Matias"

[1:26] 
As far as I know there isn't a roadmap

everyday we are joined by 100 new members

100 new skill sets

100 new set of values

[1:27] 
Everybody is pushing in the direction they think we should go, and talking with others to form teams to make things happen

I do not expect we will ever have a detailed linear plan like [removed coin name to prevent any accusations I'm partial to another project]

we are going to have many ideas

we are going to try the good ones

[1:28] 
we are going to build a lot of things, create projects to push as forward

some will survive and will be adopted by a big part of the community

some will fail, and we will learn from them

[1:29] 
we do not know where are we going, but we have the manifesto to guide us and a really strong common base of shared values

USERNAME REMOVED [1:32 AM]
indeed build a strong community, but the business development plan will be the next thing that moves the project forward after major exchanges

[1:33] 
it needs to start be worked on

[1:34] 
you say no linear plan like [removed], but investors will want to see outlines, being too free floating is a risk
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:24:00 AM

I think we all need to take a second to look at Poloniex.

PIVX got to where it is without any major exchange. I am calling out Poloniex because they are the largest US altcoin exchange.

Two months ago Pascal Coin has a market cap of about $80k. Suddenly (without any major news) trading volume picks up and for about two weeks, someone is buying heavy volume without shaking market.

Then like MAGIC, Poloniex lists Pascal Coin, and the market cap goes to $8MM. Does anyone really believe that a third-party was not buying on insider Poloniex knowledge of a listing?

What is it worth now? $1.7MM.

Poloniex is playing a very dirty game.
I cannot wait until they get more heavily regulated, and the SEC/IRS investigates what has been going on, and they get shut down, the class-actioned to hell.

You would think that a major exchange should list any crypto that is top 25 market cap (achieved organically).

I guess Poloniex only wants to list crypto that they can buy through a third-party prior to listing.

But what if there is more than one whale?
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:39:15 AM

I'm sorry but I don't have thoughts on decred I have not looked at it. However 2 people i trust the opinions of said it is one of the better dev teams.

I wonder just how good "one of the better dev teams" they mean, is it top 3? top 20?

Of course it wouldn't have the best dev team, we both know Dash has the best dev team of any crypto.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Top 3 dev teams IMO goes like this:
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Decred

The PIVX dev team has a lot to prove, and I don't get why this copy and paste coin (as far as Dash tech is concerned) or vaporware (as far as Zerocoin tech is concerned) is getting pumped higher than coins that have copied Dash with a fair distribution before (too many to list), have zerocoin technology implemented (like Zcoin),
Zcoin is higher if you look at total coins probably
AusKipper

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:01:59 AM

Apparently an Israeli superstar (Gal Gabor) is on the team!! I'm not a FUDer but just some red flags to note.

LOL i'm not the only one that did the reverse image search!

It's ok to not have your real face I think, i'm fine with that, but then you should go with something like an animal or something so there can be no accusation of "misleading".

I have a funny feeling Mrs X is a boy personally, not that it really matters.

Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:09:20 PM

Apparently an Israeli superstar (Gal Gabor) is on the team!! I'm not a FUDer but just some red flags to note.

LOL i'm not the only one that did the reverse image search!

It's ok to not have your real face I think, i'm fine with that, but then you should go with something like an animal or something so there can be no accusation of "misleading".

I have a funny feeling Mrs X is a boy personally, not that it really matters.

Just wait till Gal Gadot starts pumping PIVX on the Tonight Show when she's on her Justice League and Wonder Woman press tours  Wink

The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:15:27 PM

Sadly I must agree. After reverse image searches of the team and watching the Slack channel for several hours, I'm seeing too many inconsistencies (plus the very similar teams between IoP) and annoying grassroots vagueness similar to both PIVX and IoP marketing. It all just makes me uncomfortable. Apparently an Israeli superstar (Gal Gabor) is on the team!! I'm not a FUDer but just some red flags to note.

The website is well-made, the PR very good, and the pitch convincing but I'm now apologizing to the folks who may have took me as a "fanboy" a few evenings ago in the main thread. Glad I got my share mostly as DNET and avoiding a burst too. If the project is legit and it takes off then shame on me, but I'm pulling my risk out of it too.

Interesting conversation you cherry picked from 1 user on the slack.  Here's a detailed roadmap/linear plan forward: https://pivx.org/what-is-pivx/roadmap/

And lol at a developer using a different picture to remain anonymous is a "red flag".  I'll never show my face in any of my videos because I'd get fired from my day job on Wall St.  In my case, my need for anonymity is a credibility boost, not a "red flag".

badenglishtea (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:32:48 PM

General Slack now has 2,200 members.

There is now a grid-Slack structure with over 5 separate organization channels for development, marketing, governance, etc.

BTC goes down, PIVX goes up. BTC goes up, PIVX holds. PIVX literally does the opposite of the rest of most of the altcoin market. I think that says a lot about this community. Probably the best in crypto, built from nothing.

PIVX is probably going to be a case study in what you can do in crypto with community driving the bus.
SnappySnap

Activity: 83

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:42:14 PM

The thing to me that I find interesting is people use this term "DEV" to apply to people work on the project.

We have probably 20-25 people, all volunteer, that are fostering and supporting on a daily basis the slack and community and marketing.  Did the community vote enlist the services of a "professional" branding firm?  Yes, we all did (and you can see all the track history on trello and in the BTCtalks).  After that vote of the community to switch from DNET to PIVX, a lot of people decided to begin the "work" of building up social media, building up a "voice" that represents what we all felt as individuals.  Who we wanted to be, and who we felt PIVX was.

People (on their own) spun up community sites as the main site was going up.  People on their own funded various platforms to help benefit the community grow.  People on their own began to create materials and write.  No-one was paid.  This was a community nucleating event that seemed to just keep growing.  Every day more people seem to create content about and for PIVX.  That is 100% energy driven.

So - to say "the devs are focused on marketing and should be focused on coding...." It feels like people are still trying to apply the "old" methods and perspectives of crypto projects.  If we are "devs" then there are probably 50-60 "DEVS" on community building and social development.  But we're not.  We're just people working collectively.

---

As for "DEVS" working on code, there are more coming in every day it seems beginning to jump in.  Remember, this project went from "basically flying under the radar for a year because nobody fluffed or really developed a "brand identity" outside of BTCtalk" to "well, why aren't you doing "x" or "y".....and forget it's basically the same crew working on the code as before....just now it's a top 20 coin.

We'll get there.  Just like we are figuring out how to scale to handle 100,200,300 new people coming into slack everyday, the devs and team there are growing to continue to develop.

It's a wild organic development.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:49:29 PM

All I can add is that I've been around from nearly day 1 of this project & PIVX is as legit as it comes.
Obviously, with a community of nearly 2300 and nearly 2000 joining just in the past 2-3 weeks, there would be a lot of posts to sift through to find proper & correct data if you check our Slack right now.

But the core of its project remains as legit as it comes.

Come and join the community. Join the dev, marketing, governance channels & teams.
See how open and free it is. Anyone can become someone immediately at PIVX.

No single dev here as snappy above says. Community is the dev, is the marketing, is the support, is PIVX.

slack.pivx.org

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: