Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, PIVX Is Now Top 20 CryptoCurrency In World  (Read 8565 times)
AusKipper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:11:30 AM

Okay I guess I was wrong about you then.

Your grovelling apology has been noted.

.... waiting for new block to be mined ...

And accepted.

This is off topic, but, what are your thoughts on Decred Cryptohunter?

Will you be laughing at me soon as its value plummets (as it has since I brought it yesterday!) or you think its an ok choice?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:20:50 AM

Its worth noting here that a lot of this is on the to-do list. I mean the 10% treasury system broke 6 months ago with a "small bug" (according to someone in slack) and it still not fixed. Zerocoin protocol is "to do" not implemented.

Now i'm not saying I dont like the idea of the coin, but I hope the dev's have the skill and endurance to do what they say they are going to do with it.

PIVX looks like one of the better designed coins on paper and I was hoping to jump in on it when it was just under 5c.

However, being a developer for more than 15 years, my instincts drove me to learn a little more about the core team writing the software. GitHub produces a nice activity chart for a developer and their contributions. Apart from the few commits on GitHub over the past 6 months, there's not much activity under these devs.

The devs also don't use their real identities unlike what I've observed in other core teams. This is perfectly understandable if they had day jobs and contribution here could be seen as a conflict of interest. But it does validate the point that perhaps there aren't any full-time devs working on this project (broken treasury?), nor is it possible to ascertain their skills and their ability to deliver what's on paper.

I've been trying to get a closer a look at the developers workflow, their kanban board, to get an understanding of how well they're organized and coordinate their work, what they're working on right now, what's done and in testing, the QA process, etc. For a community that claims to be the most open and transparent, this information is locked away. I tried pinging various folks in the team over the past 3 days and have had no luck. Some team members responded saying they aren't sure how and where the core devs are organizing their work. I've seen a number of software projects fail or end up riddle with bugs and poor quality because of the skills of the people working on them. I'm not saying this is the case here yet, but it's becoming a concern. I wish they were a little more transparent on their actual blockchain developers.

So yeah, at a market-cap of $30M this looks way overpriced. They seem to very well organized with their marketing and community building though.

ausbob and auskipper?

anyway - yes if your concerns are reasonable then I hope they will answer you. Go post this on their thread and let me see if they answer your concerns.

I don't think they will reveal their id's however perhaps some of your questions could be answered. try it on there and see. I hope they are beavering away testing out zcoin implementation I saw something they posted on their thread that said initial testing or some kind of implementation has passed. If you're a crypto tech expert then sure why will they not give you some explanation or give you at least and indication they are working away even if github is not being updated yet. Go there now and ask. I don't think you should expect the secret sauce if that is what they are cooking but at least you should be able to judge if these people have skill set required to do what they say. Go ahead of course they should answer you to a certain degree. I heard that some devs that have been working on zcoin for a long time have joined the project but i don't have the tech skills to verify if it is true or not. If you have a chat with them and you understand this stuff at a deep level then speaking to them even if briefly you will be able to see if they know what they are talking about. Go to the thread and ask now. I will be interested please PM me your opinion after in case i miss it here.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:23:24 AM

Okay I guess I was wrong about you then.

Your grovelling apology has been noted.

.... waiting for new block to be mined ...

And accepted.

This is off topic, but, what are your thoughts on Decred Cryptohunter?

Will you be laughing at me soon as its value plummets (as it has since I brought it yesterday!) or you think its an ok choice?

Ha well it's fine I called you a dash shill but your later comments suggest the opposite. If you're wrong you're wrong.

I'm sorry but I don't have thoughts on decred I have not looked at it. However 2 people i trust the opinions of said it is one of the better dev teams.

I would not laugh at any honest investor who lost money. I have lost many times and it is not fun. I let nearly 1M dollars drop through my fingers after only a few months of finding crypto and starting with only a couple of mining rigs and no capital. To me 1M dollars is a lot of money so i often think about that. Although it was a good lesson learned very early on.

The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:21:58 PM

6mil to top ten.

Heading to top 3 below BTC and ETH (NEM and ZCash at 4 and 5), imo

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:13:22 PM

If PIVX why not Bitsend?

http://imgur.com/a/PzYCt   

badenglishtea (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:33:00 PM

I think we all need to take a second to look at Poloniex.

PIVX got to where it is without any major exchange. I am calling out Poloniex because they are the largest US altcoin exchange.

Two months ago Pascal Coin has a market cap of about $80k. Suddenly (without any major news) trading volume picks up and for about two weeks, someone is buying heavy volume without shaking market.

Then like MAGIC, Poloniex lists Pascal Coin, and the market cap goes to $8MM. Does anyone really believe that a third-party was not buying on insider Poloniex knowledge of a listing?

What is it worth now? $1.7MM.

Poloniex is playing a very dirty game.
I cannot wait until they get more heavily regulated, and the SEC/IRS investigates what has been going on, and they get shut down, the class-actioned to hell.

You would think that a major exchange should list any crypto that is top 25 market cap (achieved organically).

I guess Poloniex only wants to list crypto that they can buy through a third-party prior to listing.

The Crypto Baron

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:29:19 PM

PIVX got to where it is without any major exchange. I am calling out Poloniex because they are the largest US altcoin exchange.

Two months ago Pascal Coin has a market cap of about $80k. Suddenly (without any major news) trading volume picks up and for about two weeks, someone is buying heavy volume without shaking market.

Then like MAGIC, Poloniex lists Pascal Coin, and the market cap goes to $8MM. Does anyone really believe that a third-party was not buying on insider Poloniex knowledge of a listing?

I cannot wait until they get more heavily regulated, and the SEC/IRS investigates what has been going on, and they get shut down, the class-actioned to hell.

You would think that a major exchange should list any crypto that is top 25 market cap (achieved organically).

I guess Poloniex only wants to list crypto that they can buy through a third-party prior to listing.

...but PIVX has nothing to do with Polo yet.  Makes the growth even more impressive.

Or do you know something we don't...? 

AusKipper

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 10:18:46 PM

I'm sorry but I don't have thoughts on decred I have not looked at it. However 2 people i trust the opinions of said it is one of the better dev teams.

I wonder just how good "one of the better dev teams" they mean, is it top 3? top 20?

Of course it wouldn't have the best dev team, we both know Dash has the best dev team of any crypto.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:48:14 AM

I agree but i would say the same about any others.. they are all into shit when no one is looking.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Ricklosti

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:30:07 AM

PIVX is Proof of Stake Master Nodes and blockchain, which makes it totally different.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

I wonder just how good "one of the better dev teams" they mean, is it top 3? top 20?

Of course it wouldn't have the best dev team, we both know Dash has the best dev team of any crypto.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Top 3 dev teams IMO goes like this:
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Decred

The PIVX dev team has a lot to prove, and I don't get why this copy and paste coin (as far as Dash tech is concerned) or vaporware (as far as Zerocoin tech is concerned) is getting pumped higher than coins that have copied Dash with a fair distribution before (too many to list), have zerocoin technology implemented (like Zcoin), or Zcash technology (like Zcash or Zclassic). Actually, I get why... someone(s) pumping it. You've seen the newbie account hype machine on the forums lately, and obviously someone has been buying it up on the markets. It is no coincidence. I will sit on the sidelines and wait for the dump. Maybe, just maybe... after the dump, if they show progress in development, then it could turn into a decent coin that I will buy, but until then it is a highly orchestrated pump and dump.
AusKipper

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:40:51 AM

Top 3 dev teams IMO goes like this:
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Decred

Ethereum should have a good team considering how much money Intel and Microsoft and co threw at them Smiley

I'm glad Decred is your number 3 though. Hopefully they pull through with something really good, and can pull of the required marketing to compete with the other marketing machines out there.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:13:46 AM

Still looking at this ...can anyone point me to how masternodes work and/or how one goes about getting to run one?

thanks ..I think I'm caught up on the rest of the coin info

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:20:40 AM

Ethereum should have a good team considering how much money Intel and Microsoft and co threw at them Smiley

do you have a reference for this crazy claim or is this one of the many hype comments in the ethereum pump campaing.

the only time the names of Microsoft and Ethereum are heard together is on their Azure platform and for that you can add literary anything. if you don't believe me go check how many altcoins are saying Microsoft supports us because they have something on Azure Grin

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:36:50 AM

Current rise is just powerful marketing effect as I see very soon this pump will be over. PIVX will go back to its real place so better stay away when any train left the station and don't get loaded by shit bags.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Ricklosti

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:43:54 AM

Still looking at this ...can anyone point me to how masternodes work and/or how one goes about getting to run one?

later

brad

You need exactly 10,000 coins and you can learn how to set it up on their website and wiki site. I don't know how to do it and I don't have the coins required anyway so I can't say more.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:12:53 AM

later

brad

You need exactly 10,000 coins and you can learn how to set it up on their website and wiki site. I don't know how to do it and I don't have the coins required anyway so I can't say more.

Well not a big enough whale to pay 8532.00 usd to get a masternode anyway lol Smiley

(I as a minnow aspire to 'whaledom', alas....seems not to be....I could make my own coin and be a legend in my own mind however) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
AusKipper

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:44:12 AM

do you have a reference for this crazy claim or is this one of the many hype comments in the ethereum pump campaing.

the only time the names of Microsoft and Ethereum are heard together is on their Azure platform and for that you can add literary anything. if you don't believe me go check how many altcoins are saying Microsoft supports us because they have something on Azure Grin

I wouldnt hype Ethereum I dont have it and I dont like it.

I just read the title of a news article a few days ago:

http://fortune.com/2017/02/28/ethereum-jpmorgan-microsoft-alliance/

Now I have read it properly not just saw the title and made assumptions I realize the money hasnt gone to the dev team.

I still think the news article will be helping Ethereum though.

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:07:47 PM

choochoo!
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:10:30 PM