Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 05:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E-book pay what you want, blockchain verification  (Read 655 times)
Wouter Drucker (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

I would like to see people writing e-books and leaving behind a bitcoin address on the last page. The writer would try to let it go viral, it would be like passing trough a hat. If the book was really good it would get higher views and a higher donation likelihood.

The trouble with this is that people would make copies and put their own address in it. I know how that goes, it would only be a matter of time.

My question is, can the blockchain be used to verify that it is you who wrote the book?
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:08:22 PM

I would like to see people writing e-books and leaving behind a bitcoin address on the last page. The writer would try to let it go viral, it would be like passing trough a hat. If the book was really good it would get higher views and a higher donation likelihood.

The trouble with this is that people would make copies and put their own address in it. I know how that goes, it would only be a matter of time.

My question is, can the blockchain be used to verify that it is you who wrote the book?

If you can demonstrate that an address that you control was the first address printed with the manuscript, then yes.

The Bitcoin protocol allows for "message signing" and "verifying" whereby it can be proved that one party has control of a certain address by signing a message with the associated private key.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: