Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to BTU  (Read 1565 times)
shivvajra (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:35:55 AM

I'm very new to the concept and would like to know about the possible HardFork of BTU.

I have created my wallet using Bitcoin Core, and I have lot of BTC. My question is: would I be able to use it for BTU in case I found it worth?

Please let me know. Thank you all ;-)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:48:21 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 01:54:41 PM by pedrog

Yes you will, just make sure you have backups of your private keys.

If a split happens you'll have BCC and BCU coins, you'll double your coins but, most likely, lose half of the value in the process.

You should not move your coins for some time after the split to make sure everything is working fine in both chains and it is safe to move your coins.

shivvajra (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:59:19 AM

Thank you so much, pedrog, for your quick reply ;-)
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:08:16 PM

I also have a question like yours, however, I only own a small amount of BTC, I very much hope I can get something from it. Thanks to your pedrog for the answer, it is very helpful, i will learn more information and implement it. What I care about at the moment, I want to know whether online wallets accept BTU. And where can i get the BTC at the present time to get the BTU
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:22:37 PM

disclaimer: i am not experienced as well.
bitcoin unlimited is probably attempting to attack the bitcoin core, it has a problem because the majority use of bitcoin software type will affect how the bitcoin blockchain system. bitcoin core is the only legitimate original bitcoin software as of now.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:17:30 PM

ardFork is a good job, I think so, and I agree with lottery248. The core BTC is the only legitimate technology internationally recognized, and blockchain is a modern and nice system, although it still encounters some bugs. The BTU is made up and it's trying to race with bitcoin, it wants a value, but it's ruining bitcoin. BTU formation will cause certain consequences.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:00:54 PM

Check out this topic, it has a lot of information on how to procede if network splits:

Hard Fork guide (if it will happen) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1644949.0

I also have a question like yours, however, I only own a small amount of BTC, I very much hope I can get something from it. Thanks to your pedrog for the answer, it is very helpful, i will learn more information and implement it. What I care about at the moment, I want to know whether online wallets accept BTU. And where can i get the BTC at the present time to get the BTU

In case of split the safest think is to have the coins in addresses you control, online wallets don't necessarily support both chains, you need to check prior to split if they will support both chains.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:09:17 PM

To keep your money you might just buy some coins you think is going to keep your money as is because during the hard fork, BTC will loose its value int he process. The value of the coins will also be split along with the chain. Now there are coins being alt as they are. Try your luck there there. Buy back our BCC or BCU once its over, i'm sure these coins sill still continue to dip after though. Chose the best alt for your money. I suggest ETC or some anon coins like MONERO.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

To keep your money you might just buy some coins you think is going to keep your money as is because during the hard fork, BTC will loose its value int he process. The value of the coins will also be split along with the chain. Now there are coins being alt as they are. Try your luck there there. Buy back our BCC or BCU once its over, i'm sure these coins sill still continue to dip after though. Chose the best alt for your money. I suggest ETC or some anon coins like MONERO.

Nice option monero I believe
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

I have some btc online in my blockchain.info wallet , anyone knows if I will be able to receive BTU if a fork happened
can't find an announcement from blockchain wallet about this matter so hopefully someone here knows
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:01:16 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited, on the other hand, does not include "wipeout protection". If the amount of mining power in the BTC chain never exceeds the BTU chain, the entire BTU chain will be discarded (unless users in the BTU chain act fast enough to avoid it.) If both chains survive, and you control your private keys , You will have coins on both sides of the fork.But as mentioned, it will be tricky to spend coins in a chain without accidentally spending the equivalent on the other side.
These new coins are the only coins that do not exist in both chains and can not, therefore, be spent on both. Combining these new coins with old coins will effectively divide your BTCs from the Btu.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 09:07:32 PM

What Bitcoin Unlimited supporters fail to realize is that you lose the "antique" value when you modify the old.

It would be like an auto-manufacturer coming along and saying "All of the antique cars still around are using old technology so let's rebuild ALL of the originals with updated parts".

What effect would this have? Of course the cars might drive better, be safer, etc. but the appreciated value of the originals will plummet!

Old sought-after cars sell for many times their original value. Antique cars with replaced parts fetch a lot less.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀