Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generating a bitcoin wallet address for each user  (Read 1084 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:42:03 PM

I am building a site and I want each user to have a unique wallet address.

I understand I can use bitcoind for this. Say I have one thousand users, how do I generate 1000 addresses that I can monitor and send bitcoins from? Will the server be able to monitor all these 1000 addresses at once?

I am a php developer so I am familiar with certain aspects of web design.

Many thanks
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:06:50 PM

to monitor the balance of each address, either query bitcoind for the balance of the address, or query a third party api (blockexplorer, blockchain.info).

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:59:12 PM

to monitor the balance of each address, either query bitcoind for the balance of the address, or query a third party api (blockexplorer, blockchain.info).

So I would keep polling bitcoind over and over to keep scanning for deposits to those addresses?  Smiley
w1R903

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:20:50 PM

So I would keep polling bitcoind over and over to keep scanning for deposits to those addresses?  Smiley

You don't have to poll.  You can start up bitcoind with the switch '-blocknotify='<cmd>' and put whatever command you want to run in the place of <cmd>, for example a shell script or python script that asks for the balances of the addresses you are tracking.  It will only notify upon each additional block confirmation.

4096R/F5EA0017
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

You don't have to poll.  You can start up bitcoind with the switch '-blocknotify='<cmd>' and put whatever command you want to run in the place of <cmd>, for example a shell script or python script that asks for the balances of the addresses you are tracking.  It will only notify upon each additional block confirmation.

Awesome! Thank you  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: