Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:14:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCU or Bitcoin Unlimited for sale at Bitfinex  (Read 2557 times)
Xester (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:17:38 PM

I wonder if bitcoin split had occurred already. I was browsing in my facebook when I saw a post by a certain Enrique telling that Hardfork was already started and BCU is already for sale. I tried to double check it and verify it on cryptocompare to see if that claim was true. Then finally I find out that Bitfinex was already selling BCU at 0.35 btc each per coin.

Any thought on this matter guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:22:45 PM

Then finally I find out that Bitfinex was already selling BCU at 0.35 btc each per coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yVyIPATWc
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:46:08 PM

Don't spread FUD. There is no hardfork yet. This is just a bet on whether traders think the fork will occur or not.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Xester (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:06:40 PM

Don't spread FUD. There is no hardfork yet. This is just a bet on whether traders think the fork will occur or not.

I am not spreading any FUD. The reason why I posted this is to ask the community here in bitcointalk if they know something about it and could help me shed light to my confusion. I would like to thank you for your answer by the way but if the hardfork was not yet moved then what the hell is that BCU or Bitcoin Unlimited for sale at bitfinex?
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:47:53 PM

People are not wanting to buy anymore bitcoin because of this hard fork being very imminent.
It will affect the price as with any split.
Just hope BCU ends up like ETC did for ethereum's cause.  Embarrassed

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:58:24 PM

I wonder if bitcoin split had occurred already. I was browsing in my facebook when I saw a post by a certain Enrique telling that Hardfork was already started and BCU is already for sale. I tried to double check it and verify it on cryptocompare to see if that claim was true. Then finally I find out that Bitfinex was already selling BCU at 0.35 btc each per coin.

Bitfinex is only selling BCU tokens, hard fork hasn't happened yet. visit this(https://www.bitfinex.com/cst_token_terms) link and read it thoroughly.
NaramediaID

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

Coffee, Coding, Crypto

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:01:33 PM

why there should be more   Angry
Bous

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:09:07 PM

Nothing of what you described occured. You should check the address of this copy-cat Bitfinex and report it to us today so that some people could make investigations on the matter.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:20:33 PM

Bitfinex is only selling BCU tokens, hard fork hasn't happened yet. visit this(https://www.bitfinex.com/cst_token_terms) link and read it thoroughly.

What if fork never happened? What happen to this BCU tokens and BCC tokens?  I think Bitfinex is making money again out of thin air.  We should think twice before getting into this scheme.  I wonder how much had been sold so far?
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:22:10 PM

Ledger has something to say about all this hard forking about to happen:
"As a hard fork could be extremely rocky, and to avoid any bad situation for our users, Ledger would provide BTC-U supported tools only when the situation on the new chain would be a minimum stable."

Reference link - https://blog.ledger.co/what-would-happen-for-ledger-hardware-wallet-users-in-case-of-a-bitcoin-fork-3b955a065d57#.5o2f3lnfv

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:24:59 PM

BTU tokens is stupid.  Anyone who buys this is asking for it because good chance fork WON't happen and they're holding ghostcoins that won't ever exist.

Maybe you get lucky and sell to the next greater fool?? very dangerous

SMH

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 03:29:57 PM

BTU tokens is stupid.  Anyone who buys this is asking for it because good chance fork WON't happen and they're holding ghostcoins that won't ever exist.

SMH

I think it can't be help, the exchange is offering 1 BCU CST + 1 BTU CST for 1 Bitcoin.  Seems a package deal LOL.  Though I think this is kinda shady, why sell things that is not yet to happen.  I think this is just a token sales that has nothing to do with Bitcoin if ever it fork (since they have to credit you with your Bitcoins once fork happen.).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:37:18 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 03:51:22 PM by Monnt

OP is right.
We can see some trading on bitfinex in the name of BCU. I guess kind of pre-sale before actual coins to be mined (like ICO ?)

Here is the exchange link of bitfinex : https://www.bitfinex.com/trading/BCUBTC and its chart analysis : https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/bcu/usd/bitfinex

From the chart of bitfinex, I can see it was being traded from March 18th itself.

Here is the description of BCU from cryptocompare :
This is only trading on Bitfinex for now and it involves a Chain Split Token from a current Bitcoin. The actual Bitcoin price page refers to the main chain at the moment. This is only a way of betting on the winner of the chain by Dec. 2017. The other half of the coin is Bitcoin Core page

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/bcu/timeline/BTC
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

These wankers at Bitfinex are experts on creating "tokens". They did exactly same thing after they were hacked and issued tokens which represented stolen BTC.
It's simple way to exploit situation with users unfamiliar with forking status and fuel further FUD.

Let's boycott this token!!
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:29:46 PM

BTU tokens is stupid.  Anyone who buys this is asking for it because good chance fork WON't happen and they're holding ghostcoins that won't ever exist.

SMH

people are indeed trying to scam with all this story about the hard fork, BU have no consensus and only 10% more than segwit why people still believe it will happen?

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:30:50 PM

What are the fees for trading this token? This is ridiculous. I can't see how much are the fees but I assume this is an attempt to open a market that might get some movement in order to get fee money rolling and finally pay the people they owe money from their hack.

Even if this isn't the purpose this is one of the lowest tricks I've ever seen being employed in the Bitcoin community. It surprises me that such a known website decided to employ these tactics... This is why we can't have nice things and this is just pushing the troll agenda further.

The Bitcoin community should stop having any business with Bitfinex whatsoever...
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:07:29 PM

SMH

people are indeed trying to scam with all this story about the hard fork, BU have no consensus and only 10% more than segwit why people still believe it will happen?
People are just people (me too). If I'm not an expert (really expert) I usually belive what I read if the source is trustable (or seems trustable). If I see a new coin or token on an exchange, I belive it's real and working...
I just started to read about the hard fork, BU and segwit for a week or two now, but now I search for the news every day, but it's really hard to decide if I can trust the news or not...
epitome

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:39:42 PM

What are the fees for trading this token? This is ridiculous. I can't see how much are the fees but I assume this is an attempt to open a market that might get some movement in order to get fee money rolling and finally pay the people they owe money from their hack.
The Bitcoin community should stop having any business with Bitfinex whatsoever...
Calm down and relax as this is just a FUD news Tongue .For that to happen there must be a hard fork and that never happened and it will not happen just like that,it is just an assumption that the price would be so and so and bitfinex cannot sell something that is not in existence .
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:05:43 AM

Hard fork has not happened, please  don’t spread any FUD…
It is basically a token just like its own scam token BFX to compensate the losses from the 2016 hack. It does not represent the actual BTU coin or the Bitcoin Core coin.
So right now obviously you cannot withdraw any of these tokens into an actual wallet, because the hard fork has not happened yet.
But you can trade them on their website.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:16:31 AM

Think of them as futures…

You are essentially buying a share of BitFinex’s total bitcoin reserve, and speculating on the bitcoin core: bitcoin unlimited price ratio. Traders love to trade this sort of futures and derivatives these days, personally i don’t trust them.

The price is currently in favor of bitcoin classic which isn’t surprising at all, as bitcoin core still has a lot more nodes right now than bitcoin unlimited.

Boy this is gunna be interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: