Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electro-Magnetic-Pulse  (Read 651 times)
mr.mister (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

If I could find a way to send some sort of emf pulse through Bitmain's entire network, and completely ruin them I would. This would include all of their equipment and wallets where they store all of their coins and backups. Poof, in a blink of an eye, Bitmain lays in ruins. How great would that be people? They are the biggest threat to bitcoin right now.

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:01:17 AM

If I could find a way to send some sort of emf pulse through Bitmain's entire network, and completely ruin them I would. This would include all of their equipment and wallets where they store all of their coins and backups. Poof, in a blink of an eye, Bitmain lays in ruins. How great would that be people? They are the biggest threat to bitcoin right now.

Detonate a 1 megaton thermonuclear warhead at high altitude over China. Will probably take out most electronic equipment out in far east asia too.

Then just wait 2016 blocks until the next network difficulty change. Might take a while.

Or just join the calls for a PoW change, so that a new mining pool oligarchy can develop. Just buy up CPU, GPU, FGPA stocks quickly and it could be you!

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:12:05 AM

lol by the time an announcement to get people to revv up their own GPU's occur. the big companies will already have new blueprints of a next-gen ASIC that will dominate any new algo.

they can be back in business at the top again before a PoW change activates.

i do laugh though
"blame china"
"blame jihan"

nah. blame core for intentionally going soft and giving pools the vote where by 58% are not even jihan

if core went hard(node then pool) by actually involving the nodes the confidence boost of nodes being ready would make more of the 58%-74% vote towards it.

pools simply wont vote for anything to any high degree unless they know nodes will accept that change. core shot themselves in the foot by avoiding that confidence logic.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:23:11 AM

Alternatively, instead of blaming Chinese miners, ask why mobile phones are developing so quickly in terms of data storage and bandwidth and compare that with the growth in blockchain ability.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:42:02 AM

If I could find a way to send some sort of emf pulse through Bitmain's entire network, and completely ruin them I would.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:53:32 AM

you'd probably want a nuclear detonation for that. they're kind of expensive. cheaper to write him a big cheque and ask him to relax for a few years instead.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

Detonate a 1 megaton thermonuclear warhead at high altitude over China. Will probably take out most electronic equipment out in far east asia too.

Then just wait 2016 blocks until the next network difficulty change. Might take a while.

Or just join the calls for a PoW change, so that a new mining pool oligarchy can develop. Just buy up CPU, GPU, FGPA stocks quickly and it could be you!

I laughed, Good God I laughed. You get a cookie, Mister.

I understand the angst, OP, but removing that much of the network would have grave consequences on network congestion. And network confidence. Ultimately, it would shake up the dice cuo, but in a bad way.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:37:06 PM

A Electro-magnetic Pulse bomb would take out most of the technology if it;s all stored on the surface of the earth. There is many computer servers that are underground in places like Antarctica for example...That is why you don't see as much images of the things in Antarctica on Google Earth because they've relocated what they needed to move underground.

Bitcoin could survive that attack, there would only be a few people using the platform.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mr.mister (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

A Electro-magnetic Pulse bomb would take out most of the technology if it;s all stored on the surface of the earth. There is many computer servers that are underground in places like Antarctica for example...That is why you don't see as much images of the things in Antarctica on Google Earth because they've relocated what they needed to move underground.

Bitcoin could survive that attack, there would only be a few people using the platform.

If bitmain were destroyed, Bitcoin would still survive.

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:45:37 PM

And then wait for incoming Chinese nukes. That happening would cause WWIII and the end of civilization and probably the human race too.

All to take out some Bitcoin miners.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:59:05 PM

All to take out some Bitcoin miners.

and that's a price well worth paying. we should let civilisation burn so the survivors can look at their paper wallets and know they're safe. if they didn't burn too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: