Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4K screenshots of block chain?  (Read 1190 times)
ImHash (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:52:01 PM

Please don't bombard me with insults or think that I'm stupid, I just have an idea and simply want to know if it could be used in any way not just for bitcoin but for any thing what so ever.

Could we take snap shots/screen shots of the data in the block chain in a way that you could practically zoom in a couple of hundreds percent and see the data in such a way that you could take a screen shot of data with 200MB size but put it in a 40MB 4K resolution image/picture and hash the images in a block chain to make it so no one ever change or manipulate the pixels?

This is just pure concept without any technical details, I know that I have average IQ but I'm not in any way educated regarding computer languages/science.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 02:03:04 PM

Please don't bombard me with insults or think that I'm stupid, I just have an idea and simply want to know if it could be used in any way not just for bitcoin but for any thing what so ever.

Could we take snap shots/screen shots of the data in the block chain in a way that you could practically zoom in a couple of hundreds percent and see the data in such a way that you could take a screen shot of data with 200MB size but put it in a 40MB 4K resolution image/picture and hash the images in a block chain to make it so no one ever change or manipulate the pixels?

This is just pure concept without any technical details, I know that I have average IQ but I'm not in any way educated regarding computer languages/science.

So, let me get this straight: you want to read the blocks, convert to ascii, display the characters, take a HD screenshots of these characters and create a hash of this screenshot... Or am i missing something? My main question would be: why?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tesorex

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:58:03 PM

Characters are the smallest bits of data you could possibly find, e.g: if you want to store> 1 you need to use 1 bit of data and if you try to take a picture of the number which was 1 in our case then you'll end up occupying a space more than of that 1 bit if you want to reduce the size of a data and when you turn your data in pixels then you'll need human eye to validate the data because no computer can read from image and process the data captured in it.

Maybe your idea is more useful for other areas in technology, also it is more practical to carve the data-information using nano technology to write on paper or anything in a microscopic scale but that is useful if you wanted to occupy less physical space on the surface, so as a result you better keep your brilliant ideas to yourself. Smiley
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:03:02 PM

1.What is the purpose of this ? What problem we're really trying to solve here ? You might have got the idea after thinking of a specific situation right ?
2.Don't you think image processing will make things more complicate ? I'm telling you,image processing is one of the difficult concepts in computer science.

You do know a lot more than people with average IQ.Got me thinking what would be Satoshi's IQ? Roll Eyes
4sidedTRIANGLES

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 08:13:18 PM

I doubt it would make sense to do this, it would cost so much money to develop a program on a computer that could process all that data that block chain would have to tax every user insane amounts. Maybe in several years would this amount of processing make sense but I imagine it would just hinder the progress of blockchains technology.
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:35:27 PM

The answer is very simple.

Sample 1 (text)
Code:
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

Sample 2 (picture of a text)

the text file I saved the sample 1 have a size of : 445 bytes
the picture file in sample 2 have a size of : 2.3 kB even if it have less words.

Now you understand better I hope.

And you are right, nobody should laugh at your question, only close minded people laugh at questions.
ImHash (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:39:25 AM

Have any of you seen this site with their zoom-able images? I know they are not the same as the thing I had in mind but I wanted to have a way to bypass data compression and find a way to store data on a single file/image even though that could mean if the image is damaged or corrupted you would lose all the data you had saved (captured) in that image.

I primarily intended to store copy or copies of blockchain in this way. imagine what if we could somehow store 100GB of data captured in an image(s) with 60GB size.

For instance, I can hold Ctrl and scroll down to zoom out 25% or scroll up to zoom in up to 500% in my browser while I have this thread opened and when I zoom out I can barely see the characters but their still there only very small but imagine if I could zoom out -2000% or -10,000% then I could fit 500 threads and pages of the forum in my current screen and access any page if I wanted to read simply by zooming in.

@BuySomeBitcoins, what if you could fit 10 times more data in a picture with 2.3KB size than the data in sample 1 that would mean compressing 4.5KB into a single file/image with the size of 2.3KB? I was thinking of a way to do that.
ziggy2

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:22:45 PM

"compressing 4.5KB [of digital information] into a single file/image with the size of 2.3KB" means reducing the quantity of information. This happens with, for example Jpg image compression. You will necessarily loose "definition" or precision - in other terms, some information will be missing.
The concept looks like a sophism - unless there is redundant information in the blockchain, but I doubt it. Experts will tell...
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

I don't really understand how saving data in an image would be better than storing it as text. Am I missing something here?
Also wouldn't it be hard to read from an image, especially if it's compressed?

who cares
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: