Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Supreme COURT or On a need of judgement in bitcoin governance  (Read 338 times)
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:09:53 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2017, 02:37:29 AM by Biodom

I had a thought...

We have developers, which are, in my opinion, the equivalent of the legislative branch.
We have miners & nodes, which could be compared to the executive branch in bitcoin's design.
Yet, we have nothing like a judicial branch.
Someone may think that we don't need a third seat of power, but we obviously do.
In general, a tripolar system would appear much more stable than current rope-a-dope situation between developers and miners.

I propose, if not a judicial branch, but at least something like a Supreme Court for bitcoin.
The number of people on such Court is debatable, maybe just three or five, no need for nine.
All must have impeccable credentials as impartial defenders of decentralized bitcoin cause.

Candidates: Andreas Antonopoulos (sure), Nick Szabo (sure), probably Bram Cohen, maybe Don Tapscott (not sure), Satoshi would be nice to have, but he/she is unavailable.
I am sure i did not think of someone, but if this idea takes hold, we can think of many possible candidates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

nodes=boss
pools=secretary.. collating data of bosses and workers expenses
devs=workers.. being janitors maintaining the current company and making new product proposals...

secretary needs bosses approval otherwise secretaries work just ends up in the orphan bin, wasting secretaries time if it doesnt meet bosses standards.
devs need the bosses consent to use the new proposals and expand the company. or reject it and keep the company going in the same direction.

right now dynamic workers made a proposal to the bosses and just leaving it to the bosses to consent or not. no threats no deadlines
right now core workers made a proposal to the bosses andmad threats to support their proposal or they will initiate a strike if the bosses dside to go with dynamics proposal

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:22:45 PM

nodes=boss
pools=secretary collating data but needs bosses approval otherwise secretaries work end up in the orphan bin, wasting secretaries time if it doesnt meet bosses standards.
devs=workers being janitors maintaining the current company and making new product proposals... however the bosses can consent to use it and expand the company. or reject it and take the company in different direction.

right now dynamic workers made a proposal to the bosses and just leaving it to the bosses to consent or not. no threats no deadlines
right now core workers made a proposal to the bosses andmad threats to support their proposal or they will initiate a strike if the bosses dside to go with dynamics proposal

that's not how I see it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:26:20 PM

that's not how I see it.

thats because the core devs have gone soft and avoided talking to the bosses and instead asked the secretary to change the company.

however even going soft the workers are now waiting for the secretary to unofficially find out what the bosses want to do before the secretary tells the workers what's acceptable. and now the workers are finger point at the secretary blaming the secretary for not approving their new product straight away.

core shot themselves in the foot by thinking they could bypass the bosses/nodes by going soft. they thought they dont need boos/node approval..
but are now having a finger pointing exercise blaming the pools.. whn it was core that gave pools the vote knowing that pools wont vote without knowing the nodes could handle it and accept it...
the pools wont risk having their work orphaned by nodes, just because core threaten them

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Guenter

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:55:11 PM

nodes=boss
pools=secretary.. collating data of bosses and workers expenses
devs=workers.. being janitors maintaining the current company and making new product proposals...

secretary needs bosses approval otherwise secretaries work just ends up in the orphan bin, wasting secretaries time if it doesnt meet bosses standards.
devs need the bosses consent to use the new proposals and expand the company. or reject it and keep the company going in the same direction.

I agree partially.
But in Bitcoin there is a big difference in comparison to a company: The boss (=nodes) is divided into numerous singularities (yes, we love decentralization!) who cannot make fast coordinated decisions -- and who, I assume, have too little insight to do so. So there is a vacuum of power, which is logically filled by the most skilled "workers".
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:29:18 PM

Developers/miners duopoly is too unstable (rope-a-dope).
A three-prong structure with bitcoin's Supreme Court (judicial branch of bitcoin governance) would be much more stable, especially when there is a schism/dispute.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: