Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM  (Read 2873 times)
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:25:03 PM

I dont trust bitcoin atm too much if it is happen. I think more and more people will have an idea to steal it to others. They will do whatever they wanted in order for them to get bitcoins. Nowadays people get money from atm machines using only tricks. Therefore i more prefer to use bitcoinn online wallet.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:26:46 PM

I don't think BITCOIN ATM is sustainable idea.
If we take the example of fiat money then ATM is predecessor of net banking and e-money.
Whereas in case of Bitcoin, we are already at successive stage then what is the fun of stepping back and develop something having zero utility when person can easily buy/sell btc over net at much lower prices.  Undecided
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:30:42 PM

I heard theres one BTM here in my country but I havent tried nor seen it yet, not even sure if its still there from where I heard its suposed to be but for now If I need BTC all I need to do is go to my neighborhood 7-11 and it will go to my BTC wallet, same thing if I need to withdraw funds I withdraw instantly in fiat but not through 7-11 but through a bank. Its still convenient.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:23:24 AM

I just tried a new Bitcoin atm that was installed about 5 min from my house.  I purchased .10 BTC as a test and when I got the receipt after the transaction it had the current price of BTC at 1,300 a coin and it was less then 1,100?  What gives?
Bitcoin's price is very volatile that's why and also the price of Bitcoin also varies like from the website where we store our Bitcoin has different exchanges it offer same applied to the atms.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MysticOne

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:13:53 AM

I just tried a new Bitcoin atm that was installed about 5 min from my house.  I purchased .10 BTC as a test and when I got the receipt after the transaction it had the current price of BTC at 1,300 a coin and it was less then 1,100?  What gives?

I also have a machine about 5 minutes from my house and I have noticed that their BTC exchange rate is a few hundred above the market average. I believe the cost of the machine and also maintenance of machine is quite expensive so they make there own exchange rates to make profits.
MysticOne

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:31:19 AM

I heard theres one BTM here in my country but I havent tried nor seen it yet, not even sure if its still there from where I heard its suposed to be but for now If I need BTC all I need to do is go to my neighborhood 7-11 and it will go to my BTC wallet, same thing if I need to withdraw funds I withdraw instantly in fiat but not through 7-11 but through a bank. Its still convenient.

You go to the local 7-11? So the 7-11 is selling the BTC? Which country is this?
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:54:17 AM

You go to the local 7-11? So the 7-11 is selling the BTC? Which country is this?
He is from the philippines, it's actually a store seven eleven and they have a partnership with our local exchange.
It's very convenience to exchange bitcoin to fiat in our county but I haven't seen any ATM yet.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:32:14 AM

I dont trust bitcoin atm too much if it is happen. I think more and more people will have an idea to steal it to others. They will do whatever they wanted in order for them to get bitcoins. Nowadays people get money from atm machines using only tricks. Therefore i more prefer to use bitcoinn online wallet.

I believe that crypto ATMs is a more safe solution than a face to face transaction with people you don't know. But the negative is the conversion rate. In my country the rate of the ATM owner is kraken+7%. I don't believe it's good for me but it is useful and convenient. Maybe in the future if more people invest in these machines will have better rates too.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:56:51 AM

I also tried a bitcoin atm in my area just to try it. It was in a cafe, but the cafe didn't own or operate it. It  wasn't working (it was on, but the options on the screen weren't working) so I called the service number and a guy who said he was the owner of the machine answered. We went through some trouble shooting steps - including unplugging the machine and plugging it back in.

To make a long story even longer, nothing worked and the guy said he lived just ten minutes away and said if I still wanted to buy/sell bitcoins (I can't remember which option I was trying at the time) he could come over and we could do an exchange in person at the cafe. I declined, saying I just wanted to try out the machine as a test for future reference.

Anyway, we got to talking and I asked him a few questions about the btc atm. To be honest, I can't remember if he said that he bought it outright from the company that made that particular btc atm or if he said the company franchised it to him, but basically he said he gets to set his own exchange rates for both buying and selling btc.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:02:39 AM

I also tried atm and bought some bitcoins from there and for the first time i'm nervous because i thought that it is just a scam bitcoin atm and it will not give your bitcoins after you place your order but when i place an order and pay it with my fiat money the transaction was very smooth and the bitcoins just got into my wallet just after a minute.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:09:16 AM

I also tried atm and bought some bitcoins from there and for the first time i'm nervous because i thought that it is just a scam bitcoin atm and it will not give your bitcoins after you place your order but when i place an order and pay it with my fiat money the transaction was very smooth and the bitcoins just got into my wallet just after a minute.
Wow that was nice theres have a bitcoin atm in your are. Im hoping that i would try to transact in biycoin atm. And i think soon i will launch here in my country since our local bitcoin wallet are developing virtual card now. I cannot wait to try it to withdraw in bitcoin atm. Hehe
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:12:01 AM

Wow that was nice theres have a bitcoin atm in your are. Im hoping that i would try to transact in biycoin atm. And i think soon i will launch here in my country since our local bitcoin wallet are developing virtual card now. I cannot wait to try it to withdraw in bitcoin atm. Hehe

Lanching Btc atm in numerous location would be best option to implement the bitcoin all the countries but using bitcoin atm would consume the cost for the using card in ATM machines right. Xapo, spectrocoin, token, bitpay and etc. All have monthly charges and using card in atm charges additionally. Would it be right option having ATM everywhere!
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:24:07 AM

Lanching Btc atm in numerous location would be best option to implement the bitcoin all the countries but using bitcoin atm would consume the cost for the using card in ATM machines right. Xapo, spectrocoin, token, bitpay and etc. All have monthly charges and using card in atm charges additionally. Would it be right option having ATM everywhere!

Before we can deploy ATM bitcoin, we need to talk about its popularity. We can not place ATM bitcoin in a country where bitcoin is not considered, which is a waste. At present, bitcoin is only common in some parts of the world, so little bitcoin ATM exists. The cost of transactions is essential, we do not need to bother about it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:53:03 PM

Before we can deploy ATM bitcoin, we need to talk about its popularity. We can not place ATM bitcoin in a country where bitcoin is not considered, which is a waste. At present, bitcoin is only common in some parts of the world, so little bitcoin ATM exists. The cost of transactions is essential, we do not need to bother about it.
I Agrre, withyou, we cannot make a bitcoin bank or build an atm that containing or converting bitcoin if the country we provided doesnt accept bitcoin in their country, what if the machine has no money , it is empty no more people or bank members will refill the money on it, and therefore we will back on our onlike banking and our online wallet, building an atm machine on a country doesnt support it is not recommended.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:11:51 PM

I Agrre, withyou, we cannot make a bitcoin bank or build an atm that containing or converting bitcoin if the country we provided doesnt accept bitcoin in their country, what if the machine has no money , it is empty no more people or bank members will refill the money on it, and therefore we will back on our onlike banking and our online wallet, building an atm machine on a country doesnt support it is not recommended.

Well, in my country, Croatia, we already have 2 bitcoin ATM but bitcoin is still not officially accepted (and still no so much users).
Still, one company managed to start official business with buying and selling bitcoin.
How?
It looks, they find some ''hole'' in the current law, and even they managed to avoid paying taxes on transactions, based on the article in the law that tax is not paid on banknotes or money which is not officially in use Smiley
So, even without full legal acceptance, it's possible to have bitcoin aTM and even buy or sell bitcoins.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:02:27 PM

I believe that crypto ATMs is a more safe solution than a face to face transaction with people you don't know. But the negative is the conversion rate. In my country the rate of the ATM owner is kraken+7%. I don't believe it's good for me but it is useful and convenient. Maybe in the future if more people invest in these machines will have better rates too.
although in my area the bitcoin users are not too much who need for any crypto ATM machine. and the second is that i am not in favour of any ATM for crypto currency, as onlne wallet system is the best that is what we are using for long long time.
randal9

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:20:05 PM

although in my area the bitcoin users are not too much who need for any crypto ATM machine. and the second is that i am not in favour of any ATM for crypto currency, as onlne wallet system is the best that is what we are using for long long time.
Why not favor? Majority of those I spoke with my friends were in favor of having an ATM, it is also costly if we are doing cash in and cash out through bank, so why not having our own ATM so we can cash out anytime. We should be open when it comes to having an innovation, it is a way also to promote the existence of bitcoin.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:43:21 AM

Recently my city (SE USA) has had another competitor come in and install BTC ATMs ("BTMs").  This is great!  Now there is one that is actually on the way to places I often go, so I do not have to make a special trip across town just to buy BTC.

I have heard (and it's probably true) that it is expensive to buy and maintain the BTMs (all the ones I have seen take CA$H only, no cards), that is probably why they all seem to charge a high fee of 14% or so.  But with BTC having rocketed in recent weeks, I won't complain.

Also, a BTM means that you do not have to coordinate with anyone to meet & exchange (localbitcoins), meeting people introduces other expense & risk.

On the other hand, the BTMs (or owners via the Internet) do ask the usual AML/KYC stuff (ID, etc.).
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:49:18 AM

The Bitcoin price is very volatile at the moment with people buying and selling in fear of a hard fork. So even if the price dropped by $200, it will correct it self over time. You also have to keep in mind, your ATM might not use the same exchange prices that you are using. {What did you use to check the price?} --> Preev.com?

Go to the ATM and open Preev.com on your mobile phone and see what is the difference at the time of buying.
This is a good advise, you gotta live up with the reality and when it says it's volatile, it really are.
You'll greatly be affected if you are buying a huge volume of bitcoin and considering that ATM are not their to serve us for free
they also have fees that we should pay in order to see them running.
This is a good idea to have atm in bitcoin like a bank that have atm that you can withdraw instantly and easily without fees.Bitcoin atm will helps many people in there business also in there job. I think bitcoin atm will use in any kind of transaction.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄