Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will destroying Bitcoin by fixing it make us insanely wealthy?
STFU & just do it already - 17 (53.1%)
STFU delusional chattermouth - 2 (6.3%)
Fuck yeah! - 4 (12.5%)
Fuck no! - 3 (9.4%)
STFU opportunistic scammer - 4 (12.5%)
ASIC doorstops make my day! - 0 (0%)
other (read my comment) - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will destroying Bitcoin by fixing it make us insanely wealthy?  (Read 24141 times)
yohanip

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

A Programmer

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:12:31 AM

i've been told since forever that in order for something to have value, you need to exchange it for other value

i am trying to understand your goal here, please kindly bare with me
here is my currently simple brain could understand thus far..

1. you are going to create a new coin
2. it will be based on the blockchain terms
3. it will be decentralized (mainly to prevent double spending attacks), and the consensus / block creation will not depends on "fiat buying power"?

"fiat buying power" means the power an entity able to purchase something for adding block to the chain:
1) POW consensus: gpus, asics, cpus, hdds, rams
2) POS consensus: The coins it self
3) Tendermint consensus: the voting is basically measured by entity power to buy a "node"

yes you may have a breakthrough and answer for those "centralized by fiat power" consensus system,
but will the value of this new coin trully make the developer/early adopters insanely wealthy?
if anyone could make that coin basicly without exchanging what they are currently having, what would become the coin value other than early adopters initial speculations?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamnotback (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:52:53 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 07:58:18 AM by iamnotback

I wrote something in private that I wanted to share, so I decided to stick it here.

Quote from: iamnotback
To win against Bitcoin, an altcoin must have something other (and more significant) than just speculation. Bitcoin will always parasite on all speculation in the overall blockchain speculation ecosystem even its marketcap is less than 50% of the ecosystem (as long as it is the largest).

Evidence:

as a trader i like the mess and the drama  Kiss

i've been told since forever that in order for something to have value, you need to exchange it for other value

yes you may have a breakthrough and answer for those "centralized by fiat power" consensus system,
but will the value of this new coin trully make the developer/early adopters insanely wealthy?
if anyone could make that coin basicly without exchanging what they are currently having, what would become the coin value other than early adopters initial speculations?

You could exchange your knowledge for tokens.

How do you justify the blatant BS linked above (your quote of me) wherein the Chinaman deliberately says some BS to crash the LTC price?

thats one tool in a pool of many. seen Americans (famous Bitcoin is a failed experiment line), Russians, Japanese all do the same bitcoin/crypto over its history.

That is why we need an altcoin wherein the hodlers aren't speculating. They are using the tokens for something in which they have no desire to speculate with them.

With that wide base of transaction use which doesn't care about the exchange value, the manipulators will not be able to have much impact.

As I said, I have some ideas about how to make whales impotent. Traders won't like it, but long-term HODLers are going to love it, because it is deflationary, which is even better than Bitcoin (i.e. the coin supply will shrink forever never reaching 0).
iamnotback (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:29:53 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 05:46:58 PM by iamnotback

Re: Blockchain powered internet?

I'm not sure if this exists yet, but if it does, it would totally decentralize the internet.

What do you think? Smiley

That is my altcoin project, BitNet.

This has nothing to do with centralization

The databases on the Internet are centralized, e.g. Facebook's DB, Reddit's DB, Bitcointalk's DB, Stackexchange's DB.

All of them must die. Will be replaced with open blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: