Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:49:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets make Bitcoin with SegWit  (Read 368 times)
bikerleszno (OP)

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 12:38:28 PM

Hello everyone,

For now LiteCoin started to connect with SegWit. We can see progress here : http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php
It can be kind of test for SegWit. If everything will go nicely we can use it as test and start connecting Bitcoin to SegWit.

What do you think ?

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:46:36 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 01:19:04 PM by franky1

all coblee needs to do is get a merchants API and litecoin acceptance on coinbase. and then bitpay.

then blockstream can go play with their segwit and have their change of mining algo(litecoinscrypt) desires of their separation alt creation thoughts met. without needing any ban hammers or threats.... by blockstream jumping to litecoin and leaving bitcoin alone

oh look 1 day ago litecoin on GDAX...
.. it has begun
edit: http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-receives-approval-trade-ether-litecoin-new-york/
added link because some will think its fud

and bitcoin can go back to being diverse open and independent consensus of multiple implementations and that includes core devs that dont kiss blockstream/DCG ass who may actually want to be part of bitcoins diverse PEER ethos

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:49:12 PM

Hello everyone,

For now LiteCoin started to connect with SegWit. We can see progress here : http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php
It can be kind of test for SegWit. If everything will go nicely we can use it as test and start connecting Bitcoin to SegWit.

What do you think ?

There will be no other way but bitcoin will be connected to segwit. The core developers in the end have won the battle and nothing can stop its way to connect bitcoin to segwit codes. But the only problem is the rumored miner fees which is higher than the present fees will occur. I do hope that issue was not true and that segwit is the best code that bitcoin will have a better future for all the supporters and holders.
Darkbot

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:08:19 PM

all coblee needs to do is get a merchants API and litecoin acceptance on coinbase. and then bitpay.

then blockstream can go play with their segwit and have their change of mining algo(litecoinscrypt) desires of their separation alt creation thoughts met. without needing any ban hammers or threats.... by blockstream jumping to litecoin and leaving bitcoin alone

.. it has begun

and bitcoin can go back to being diverse open and independent consensus of multiple implementations and that includes core devs that dont kiss blockstream/DCG ass who may actually want to be part of bitcoins diverse PEER ethos

Bla Bla Bla, here we have super troll Franky1 with his daily FUD again. How much do you get paid from Roger? He pays you with his Dash stack, right?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:16:11 PM

.. it has begun

Bla Bla Bla, here we have super troll Franky1 with his daily FUD again. How much do you get paid from Roger? He pays you with his Dash stack, right?

i dont get paid by roger or anyone related to any bitcoin implementation.
my opinions and thoughts are my own.

kind of funny how i said core (minus blockstream) can happily stay with bitcoin, but blockstream should go jump off to litecoin.. because it reveals your defending blockstream, not bitcoin, not independent devs by you getting emotional about my opinion

P.S i dont get paid to troll. my income has nothing to do with my opinion or comments here. i dont even have a sig campaign.
but to wear your shoes i could say about you and others getting gmaxwells zcash and monero and part of his $70m debt notes

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:23:48 PM

I think segwit will bring more advantages for litecoin. Its value will increase very fast, it will grow fast and surpass ETH in the near future. LTC is an old currency, it has been around for a long time, however, it is capable of development, so, segwit is the factor that changes it. BTC has been discussed by everyone, and they want segwit, but that did not happen. And perhaps, it is the only currency capable to grow vigorously without segwit. LTC is too weak at present, so it needs segwit.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:30:32 PM

we are not the one that decide(unless oyu are a miners), segwit or BU is only in the hand of miners and exchange that can force miners to choose path instead of another, especially investors who in the end are the one that buy bitcoin

consensus mechaninc is there for a reason, but it would have been better if it was extended to nodes too, i don't like how full node are almost pointless as they ar enow...
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:48:29 PM

Hello everyone,

What do you think ?

WOW, there's a big jump in SegWit signaling, It was a bit stalled since signaling began, was it ProHashing?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:51:12 PM

we are not the one that decide(unless oyu are a miners), segwit or BU is only in the hand of miners and exchange that can force miners to choose path instead of another, especially investors who in the end are the one that buy bitcoin

consensus mechaninc is there for a reason, but it would have been better if it was extended to nodes too, i don't like how full node are almost pointless as they ar enow...

for core nodes are useless to veto segwit.
but other proposals and other implementations. nodes do have consensus power. this is why dynamics and other base block proposals have not set deadlines, but waited for node consensus.. 2 years on and no deadlines/threats.

dont be sold into the "nodes are not important ever"..
take for instance if a pool did try to make a block over 1mb..
2017-01-29 06:59:12 Requesting block 000000000000000000cf208f521de0424677f7a87f2f278a1042f38d159565f5
2017-01-29 06:59:15 ERROR: AcceptBlock: bad-blk-length, size limits failed (code 16)
3 seconds and its in the trash, no harm, no foul, no network drama due to no consensus by nodes (only social drama by trolls)

nodes are important.. just core nodes cant vote or decline on segwit

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: