Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2024, 02:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to retreive bought Ethereum  (Read 254 times)
famouswolluf (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:15:46 PM

Hello,

I'm new to digitial wallets.
I bought some Ethereum a week ago and now I'm trying since than to show it in my Ethereum Wallet (Windows).
I have created a main account (etherbase) in the software and I used this address for sending the Ethereum to.

I tried to sync with the blockchain through geth --fast but after it finished I fired up my Ethereum Wallet Software and still didn't see my bought Ethereum.
Is it because I need an week old blockchain that I need to do a full geth sync without the fast parameter?
Because I don't know if a fast sync will get the transaction details to show my Ethereum.
I'm trying to do a full sync at this moment but after 2 million blocks it just goes verry slow with somethimes 2 blocks per 15 minutes.
I'm running it for 3 days straight and I still need 1 million blocks to donwload.

And do I need to have the Ethereum Wallet software open while performing the geth sync or can I fire it up when the sync is done (right now I have it open because I'm desperate to get my Ethereum)?
Or is it possible to do a fast sync until I'm almost at my transaction block and do a full sync from that moment?
Or maybe do a fast sync and manualy sync the transaction from the block, witch hold my Ethereum?

I'm sorry for the noob questions but I'm new to this and just want control over my bought Ethereum.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:29:24 PM

So. You fully synchronize wallet, takes about 1h if you got a good pc and internet connection. Then you move your keystore file which represents your address to: C>users>name>appdata>roaming>ethereum>keystore
Make sure you DON'T delete your key file and save it in several places and an usb stick. If you lose either the keystore file or your password then you lose everything.

After you create an adress in the wallet, it will appear in the keystore folder. Save it !
famouswolluf (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:49:38 PM

I'm trying to do a full scan but it takes 3 days now and i'm at 2.4 milion from the 3.4 milion and it syncs a few blocks every 10 seconds to 20 minutes.
At this speed it will take weeks.
Until this point the sync was faster and took only a few hours.
I'm doing a full scan.
As I mentioned I have already a wallet and I can see it in the Ethereum Wallet software and also in geth and it is located in the Roaming\Ethereum\keystore directory.
But I don't want to wait weeks to complete.

Can I do a geth --fast command and see my Ethereum after that, don't forget I already bought some Ether and I want to see it (so its not that I want to buy but I already bought).
I tried geth --fast and started up the Ethereum Wallet software after the sync and I didn't see any Ethereum in my main account.
So that is why I guess I need a full sync instead of a fast sync?

I have 40mbit connection with a laptop i5-5200 cpu with Geforce 940m, and a regular harddrive no ssd.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: