First release of a Bitcoin payment processor plugin to the VirtueMart shopping cart for Joomla!
Get it at github: https://github.com/mikegogulski/bitcoin-virtuemart
The README file:
A Bitcoin payment processor plugin for the VirtueMart shopping cart for Joomla!.
* Generates a new bitcoin address for every order
* Provides payment address to customer on site at checkout, plus in a subsequent email
* Configurable timeout after which unpaid transactions will be canceled automatically
* Configurable number of Bitcoin network confirmations after which an order is considered paid
* HTTP or HTTPS access to bitcoind
* Joomla! 1.5
* VirtueMart 1.1.x
* cURL support
* SSL support (if you're using HTTPS to talk to bitcoind)
* Access to create a cronjob on your web server (or elsewhere)
* wget or the curl commandline tool on the machine running the cronjob
* It is assumed that Bitcoin is the only currency accepted.
* All prices are assumed to be in Bitcoins, and no currency conversions are performed.
* A cronjob is required to check for payment receipt, at least until bitcoind allows attaching a JSON-RPC callback to an address.
* Emailing the bitcoin address requires an extra email to be sent (modifying the order confirmation message VirtueMart sends would be preferable, but the API doesn't support that).
* Validation of bitcoind's generated address is based only on its length. The PHP solution available requires the GMP extension to be installed.
* Orders for downloadables are not tagged as "shipped" once paid.
* The Bitcoin address associated with a transaction is stored in a database field not intended for it.
* No localization support.
* Install Joomla! http://help.joomla.org/content/category/15/99/132/
* Install VirtueMart (a PDF file included in the distribution explains the process).
* Untar the distribution archive in your Joomla! installation's base directory.
* Log into your Joomla! installation as an administrator.
* Click Components -> VirtueMart on the main menu.
* At left, click Store -> List Payment Methods.
* Click Bitcoin in the list.
* Click the checkbox next to "Name" at the top of the list, then clear the Bitcoin checkbox.
* Click "Unpublish" at top.
* On the "Payment Method Form" tab, configure as follows:
o Active - checked
o Payment Method Name - Bitcoin
o Code - BC
o Payment class name - ps_bitcoin
o Payment method type - HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)
* Now click to the "Configuration" tab and proceed as follows:
o Configure your bitcoind server information.
o If you are using HTTPS to talk to bitcoind and would like to validate the connection using bitcoind's own SSL certificate, enter the absolute path to the certificate file (server.cert) you've uploaded to the server.
o Configure your payment timeout and number of transaction confirmations required.
o Note the instruction to create a cronjob. The cronjob is what queries bitcoind periodically to see if pending orders have been paid. The cronjob is mandatory.
o Leave the "Order status" options at their defaults:
+ Successful = Confirmed
+ Uncompleted = Pending
+ Failed = Cancelled
o Copy and paste all of the code from extrainfo.php in the distribution archive's root directory into the "Payment Extra Info" box.
* Create the Bitcoin currency:
o Assuming you're still in the VirtueMart component, click Admin -> List Currencies at left.
o Click New at top right.
+ Currency name: Bitcoin
+ Currency code: BTC
* Set the store-wide currency:
o Click Store -> Edit Store
o In the "Currency Display Style" box:
+ Open "Currency" and select Bitcoin.
+ Enter "BTC" as the Currency Symbol.
+ Under "List of accepted currencies" click Bitcoin and make sure that all other currencies are deselected.
* Bitcoin payments: 1MU97wyf7msCVdaapneW2dW1uXP7oEQsFA
* Gifts via other methods: http://www.nostate.com/support-nostatecom/
* Mike Gogulski - http://www.nostate.com/ http://www.gogulski.com/
bitcoin-virtuemart is free and unencumbered public domain software. For more information, see http://unlicense.org/
or the accompanying UNLICENSE file.