Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Hit Hard For Enabling Windows 10 Built-in Keylogger Feature  (Read 360 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

Microsoft Hit Hard For Enabling Windows 10 built-in Keylogger Feature

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/microsoft-hit-hard-for-enabling-windows-10-built-in-keylogger-feature.html

http://www.myce.com/news/massive-uproar-alleged-windows-10-built-keylogger-feature-81685/

There is a bit of an uproar on the web about Microsoft - it seems they introduced a feature in the privacy settings that acts and behaves like a key-logger, and they enabled it by default, for everybody. The privacy setting "Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future" is reportedly enabled by default and users now fear Windows 10 has become one big keylogger, reports myce:

It's not the first time there are concerns about Windows 10's data collections methods. Microsoft therefore announced it would give users more control over their privacy in the upcoming Creators Update. Microsoft states in a FAQ that keystrokes are collected to improve handwriting and pronunciation recognition and that it can be turned off by going to

Start -> Settings > Privacy > General and then disable "Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future".

Some users report that they turned the setting off to find it automatically enabled again. Meanwhile, Reddit has labeled the story as "Misleading". Nevertheless, more than 15,200 Redditors upvoted the story and the story received more than 1,800 comments.

Sources: Guru3D, Myce

How to completely avoid upgrading to Windows 10... forever

Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:34:01 PM

This is why I only boot up in Windows when I desperately can't figure out an alternative on Linux or it's just way too complicated. I did make sure when I set up Windows that I disabled all of this garbage but I'll have to double check it didn't revert back the next time I boot up in Windows.

How to avoid Windows? Get any Linux Distro. Personally I like Linux Mint. Ubuntu is supposed to be user friendly but I didn't like it as much.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:32:55 AM

It's just one thing after another with Windows 10.
With all the crap they have added since WIN7 i wonder which is faster.
We need an unbiased fair benchmark done.
With Windows 7 there is services and stuff i kill after install.
I can't comprehend how much crap i'd have to kill or fuck with to get what i have now on 7 going.
Not to mention all my custom stuff like a secret menu system i have integrated on my taskbar and a custom theme setup.
I also have my own home-made OSD showing hardware data on the desktop too.
I made it with Aida64's sensor panel api system.. it was mega easy too !

I get MS wants to move forward but they painted themselves into a corner with new windows.
They are adding stuff i have no interest in such as a start screen / app's or Cortana.

It's too bad they were not smart enough to bridge the gap.
Instead they are late and a dollar short tagging along with other companies copy catting them.

What they needed to do is make a version of windows that builds on what makes WIN7 great and improve that and sell it.. bingo sales $$$
They could even still do the edgy millennial shit like Cortana or Start menu thing in a separate version too.
Problem with MS all along actually is they never learn to listen to the customers buying their crap.
They force what ever they think onto us all and then change their mind later.

The excuses and insulting remarks at people like me when they defend Windows 10 is off base too.
The thing is... it's an OPERATING System.

..a system for operators.  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: