Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with a RIG 6 GPU rx 480 Sapphire  (Read 1311 times)
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 02:20:21 PM

1000wats power supply is not safe for 6 x rx 480 cards, if you dont know how to under volt your cards. Loosk like you overclocked your rx 480...
If gpuz reading is 91 watts , its mean your card can use between 120-150 watts easy ... That 91 watts is only for the gpu power draw , not the memory what you already overclocked to 2080.
Are u using powered risers Huh If yes how many risers is on one 12V cable ?
the molex connector is powered on the motherboard ?

If your cards have a different asic quality , the same tune might not going to work for all of your cards. try to lower the mem frequency for that card , what give you trouble.

Good Xxcsu,

I understand, well try to lower the frequency of memory.

If I use 6 risers.

The molex connector on the motherboard I do not use it, I do not have it connected (neither physically nor by the BIOS) But I have always been left with the question of whether it is necessary or not?

Thanks for your answer: D

Are you using powered risers ?
If yes how many risers is on one 12V cable ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stanis_r

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:01:02 PM

use msi afterburner and see what is the clock of gpu and memory when mining of bad gpu. some reason to slow down is overheat and powerlimit control of gpu.
with afterburner software you can set fan settings to control the temperature and set powerlimit control. also to reduce the power consume undervolt to -70 -80 mV of GPU core and downclock the gpu core clock to 1100 Mhz.
i have the same problem with three new xfx rx480 gpus, but after slowdown the speed when mining crashed with grey or black screen. That was warranty issues and company change all of three cards.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: