Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch #2 First Delivery WATCH Thread (or First Tracking Info)  (Read 5045 times)
jermwerty (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:44:07 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 04:20:21 AM by jermwerty

If you have a Batch #2 order and have received your tracking info OR the actual unit, POST HERE!

While I love Avalon for beating BFL, I am starting to wonder how late the first Batch #2's will actually start shipping.   Consider 4/15 was already a month-delayed ship date.  Now we are being told "end of the month", which means we hopefully start seeing reports of tracking info or units arriving soon?

Good Luck All on your orders!  The difficulty-vs-delivery race is in full force!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:52:26 PM

Now we are being told "end of the month", which means we hopefully start seeing reports of tracking info or units arriving soon?

Where are we being told this?  AFAIK, the first line of the latest newsletter states: "We are ramping up and the shipping of batch two has indeed begun"
perseus

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:53:59 PM

Yeah, I agree. Avalon has said that Batch 2 units have started shipping as of 4/15, but there's been no evidence of it. What's going on? I feel like this focus on chips is a distraction, and is simultaneously diluting out the Batch 2 and Batch 3 folks.

If you have a Batch #2 order and have received your tracking info OR the actual unit, POST HERE!

While I love Avalon for beating BFL, I am starting to wonder how late the first Batch #2's will actually start shipping.   Consider 4/15 was already a month-delayed ship date.  Now we are being told "end of the month", which means we hopefully start seeing reports of tracking info or units arriving soon?

Good Luck All on your orders!  The difficulty-vs-delivery race is in full force!

Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:01:44 AM

well while we are waiting we can play around with the bitsyncom website http://bitsyn.com/
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:03:40 AM

Yeah, I agree. Avalon has said that Batch 2 units have started shipping as of 4/15, but there's been no evidence of it. What's going on? I feel like this focus on chips is a distraction, and is simultaneously diluting out the Batch 2 and Batch 3 folks.

While I love Avalon for beating BFL, I am starting to wonder how late the first Batch #2's will actually start shipping.   Consider 4/15 was already a month-delayed ship date.  Now we are being told "end of the month", which means we hopefully start seeing reports of tracking info or units arriving soon?

Good Luck All on your orders!  The difficulty-vs-delivery race is in full force!

Avalon has always been like this - no tracking, few updates, nothing except delivered units in most Batch 1 cases. BFL has been the complete opposite, tons of posts, updates, no actual product ever delivered. Which would you rather have?
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:35:25 AM

Don't forget...unless you're a trade-in customer or dev "you're not special"  Grin

Quote from: BitSyncom
For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

If you're not in the first 2 categories you probably shouldn't fret about shipping until you see trade-in customers posting about receiving theirs. I'm guessing mid May???
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:45:17 AM

Don't forget...unless you're a trade-in customer or dev "you're not special"  Grin

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.

If you're not in the first 2 categories you probably shouldn't fret about shipping until you see trade-in customers posting about receiving theirs. I'm guessing mid May???
So, If I am batch #1 customer, will I fall to "Old Customers" category?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:38:29 AM

Don't forget...unless you're a trade-in customer or dev "you're not special"  Grin

anyone feel like buying a FPGA just to trade in and get priority shipping? Tongue

well while we are waiting we can play around with the bitsyncom website http://bitsyn.com/
is it me or is the page blank?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

Avalon has always been like this - no tracking, few updates, nothing except delivered units in most Batch 1 cases. BFL has been the complete opposite, tons of posts, updates, no actual product ever delivered. Which would you rather have?

Agreed.  But that's why its a WATCH thread!  As Yifu said it required more faith on Batch 1 & 2, time is still of the essence for us in batch 2 as those of us who had GPUs and made this our transition plan are getting killed in difficulty.  I am just hoping the floodgates open on that new factory remodel or whatever it took and they can get them out the door faster this time!  Go Team Avalon!   Wink
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:46:59 AM

Don't forget...unless you're a trade-in customer or dev "you're not special"  Grin

anyone feel like buying a FPGA just to trade in and get priority shipping? Tongue

is it me or is the page blank?

I see a bunch of pretty colored lines. Maybe it's a site that uses your imagination, and you see whatever is inside you?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:37:34 AM

I need to post here so that I can share the wait with you.
Batch 2 should ship timely before the end of the month, uh? We will see...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:47:32 PM

How many days are we away from the shipping time of batch#1?
I still have the feeling they are saving a few bucks and not outsourcing some step which could make delivery much faster...
FloridaBear

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:52:03 PM

Do we have a count of how many batch 1 customers are still without units or even tracking numbers? Avalon had better make that right before they ship batch 2 units IMO. I think they may have oversold batch 1 a bit.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:53:22 PM

I still have the feeling they are saving a few bucks and not outsourcing some step which could make delivery much faster...
I have a similar feeling.
Hint:

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:56:29 PM

^^ What worries me...  cedivad is exactly right
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:41:07 AM

either batch #1 shipped or that hockey stick spike on cedivad's post was caused by a mysterious miner. Smiley

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:05:11 PM

hmm
there is 300 avalon batch1 66GH/s each so 19,8TH/s should there bea fter that 9most wont wait with pluging in their devices
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

hmm
there is 300 avalon batch1 66GH/s each so 19,8TH/s should there bea fter that 9most wont wait with pluging in their devices
Yes, 20TH from Batch 1. There are another 40TH on the network, where are they from? Maybe - and i repeat it, maybe - Avalon had no delays at all and where able to finish building batch 2 exactly during these days?

Shipping them to us - that's another story.

Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:14:51 PM

Well, 20 TH is from the first Avalon batch. Assuming another 10 from Asicminer, we get 30. Although, as far as I know, a couple of weeks back, Asicminer only had about 7 TH online, but let's use 10 for the sake of simplicity. So 30 from confirmed ASICs. Before ASICs started entering the network, in February, total hashing power was around 20-22 TH. So we have 50-50something TH in total that can be accounted for. The current network difficulty is for about 65 TH but the current hashing power is about 70. So we get almost 20 TH unaccounted for.

HOWEVER

Back in February price was in the low double digits. Then it skyrocketed and media exposure was obscene. A lot of people saw that and entered back in the mining game with GPUs. Look at it this way - it costs at most 50-60 dollars to produce one bitcoin using GPUs, and that's assuming a very inefficient setup. So profitability for GPU mining is very high right now, and that keeps drawing lots of people in.

Therefore I think it's realistic to assume that the further 20 TH in the network are more GPUs working while they are still profitable. No conspiracy theory, just plain logic. It's the simplest explanation and I think it's the real one. Again, look at how much it costs to make a Bitcoin using GPUs and how much is a Bitcoin worth on the exchanges. The difference is pure profit. That's bound to draw more hashing power to the network. So let's not assume malice just yet.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:25:20 PM

Well, 20 TH is from the first Avalon batch. Assuming another 10 from Asicminer, we get 30. Although, as far as I know, a couple of weeks back, Asicminer only had about 7 TH online, but let's use 10 for the sake of simplicity. So 30 from confirmed ASICs. Before ASICs started entering the network, in February, total hashing power was around 20-22 TH. So we have 50-50something TH in total that can be accounted for. The current network difficulty is for about 65 TH but the current hashing power is about 70. So we get almost 20 TH unaccounted for.
The current hashing power is (circa) 72TH, subtract the initial 20 from GPUs (forget about miners going to Litecoin & forks), 7 from ASICMINER, you got 45TH/s from Avalon-Whatever. 20TH are accounted, you miss only 25TH/s. That sounds really like the never coming and always delayed Batch 2.

"We had 2 options, mine ourself or sell batch 3 at this high price, we decided to sell it to preserve the network" I'm quoting Yufi by memory, but the concept is correct. Evidently, they decided to go for the third option.

OR we have as little as 80k new 7970 in the system, 80k-300W GPUs that wheren't touched during the 250-to-50 crash. LOL.

WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:47:31 PM

HOWEVER

Back in February price was in the low double digits. Then it skyrocketed and media exposure was obscene. A lot of people saw that and entered back in the mining game with GPUs. Look at it this way - it costs at most 50-60 dollars to produce one bitcoin using GPUs, and that's assuming a very inefficient setup. So profitability for GPU mining is very high right now, and that keeps drawing lots of people in.
I'm mining with GPU for a while and haven't stopped even in those $5 times.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:08:55 PM

ASIC dont Right? ASIC on Time? Huh
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:12:37 PM

What about BFL's "testing" units? Also Avalon team has testing units, which they admitted.
darkip

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:15:32 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 10:34:02 PM by darkip

Also Avalon team has testing units, which they admitted.
Yes, but given we haven't seen an increase in network hashrate from this, it's obviously on (a) test net.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:30:34 PM

I think everyone is free to believe whatever they want. I'm not saying the Avalon team COULDN'T mine with the units they built for customers, all I'm saying is that there are other quite plausible explanations (that make good sense) for the increase in hashrate. The crash seems to have been short-lived, since the prices are soaring again. Therefore I think it's fair to say that a lot more people with GPUs are in the network now, than in February.
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 10:39:06 PM

I dont think GPU's can account for extra 25TH....

Well all I am concerned about is them dumping those coins before they ship out next batch.
Also with both batches assembled could they not do 51% attack?  Roll Eyes

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:32:56 AM

I dont think GPU's can account for extra 25TH....

Well all I am concerned about is them dumping those coins before they ship out next batch.
Also with both batches assembled could they not do 51% attack?  Roll Eyes

Technically if they wanted they could try a 51% attack.  But to what end?  Double send 2 BTC to somebody?  What recipient would not wait for 6 confirmations and notice a fork when dealing with a large amount of coins?

I think people oversimplify the ends of a 51% attack.
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:37:14 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 03:55:01 PM by cycloid

给avalon团队的一封信

有以下几个问题我想了解:
*我的信息是不是佚名的?
*我是不是有一个完整的经营许可?
*我有没有给所有运到中国的货物提供发票?
*出口清关我做的对不对?