Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSyncom. Can you provide an update on batch #2?  (Read 4895 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:11:11 PM

A 50k btc dump would merely bring us to 120... Nothing too scaring.
What's scaring is the lack of updates. They updated us during the "black period" of batch 1...

A 50k BTC dump would break past the $120 wall actually, would bring us down to $105-110-ish. Probably also induce a panic sell from spectators that have no clue what's going on.

I don't think they would dump 50k on the market, you want to avoid slippage, the scarce depth of the market is obvious, and unless you panic or wish to induce a dip (to buy back later) there is no sense in dumping

He's saying they have to sell BTC to pay TSMC (the foundry) for the chips. Its not if they would its when they would. Unless they have a huge stash of RMB to pay them, or TSMC starts taking BTC.

Seriously guys, this is nothing to be worried about.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:46:22 PM

I personally am not concerned about the effect selling those 46k BTC will have on the exchange rate since that really has zero effect on their ability to perform. I would be more concerned with the chance that the market will crash BEFORE they sell these coins leaving them unable to fulfill their outstanding orders but perhaps they've used funds from batch 1-3 already.

I'm sooo curious why they haven't touched these coins yet since I assume they would be needed to pay for the fabrication/packaging of the chips. Since the first bulk chip order was placed 2 weeks ago, that leaves only 7-8 weeks in their advertised 9-10 week lead time. The lack of information surrounding delivery schedule is what gave me cold feet on a bulk chip order so I'm very curious to see if they will experience the same delays that batches 1 & 2 have seen so far. I can see two scenarios where they might still be on track:

1) Maybe TSMC can fabricate ALL 500k+ chips that have been ordered in less than 5-6 weeks so they are just waiting to place a single large order with the foundry instead of a bunch of small ones and plan to have plenty of time to package and ship.
2) Bulk chips have already been ordered from TSMC using funds from batches 1-3.

I would be very excited to see them break the pattern of ASIC delays by consistently shipping chips in 9-10 weeks from date they were ordered but right now my guts saying probably not. I think it's clear that ASICMINER has had the best performance when it comes to manufacturing ASIC miners but have only recently started selling their hardware directly. Bitsyncom is a close second and WAY ahead of the rest so I have high hopes for them...

/stilleatingpopcorn
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:52:08 PM

Well, one of the side effects of BTC, people scrutinizing what you do with your funds

They have said many times they are hardcore BTC supporters, they said literally that they would fall and raise with BTC. Nothing strange, nothing to discuss and nothing to worry about them holding coins.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:23:37 PM

I personally am not concerned about the effect selling those 46k BTC will have on the exchange rate since that really has zero effect on their ability to perform. I would be more concerned with the chance that the market will crash BEFORE they sell these coins leaving them unable to fulfill their outstanding orders but perhaps they've used funds from batch 1-3 already.

I'm sooo curious why they haven't touched these coins yet since I assume they would be needed to pay for the fabrication/packaging of the chips. Since the first bulk chip order was placed 2 weeks ago, that leaves only 7-8 weeks in their advertised 9-10 week lead time. The lack of information surrounding delivery schedule is what gave me cold feet on a bulk chip order so I'm very curious to see if they will experience the same delays that batches 1 & 2 have seen so far. I can see two scenarios where they might still be on track:

1) Maybe TSMC can fabricate ALL 500k+ chips that have been ordered in less than 5-6 weeks so they are just waiting to place a single large order with the foundry instead of a bunch of small ones and plan to have plenty of time to package and ship.
2) Bulk chips have already been ordered from TSMC using funds from batches 1-3.

I would be very excited to see them break the pattern of ASIC delays by consistently shipping chips in 9-10 weeks from date they were ordered but right now my guts saying probably not. I think it's clear that ASICMINER has had the best performance when it comes to manufacturing ASIC miners but have only recently started selling their hardware directly. Bitsyncom is a close second and WAY ahead of the rest so I have high hopes for them...

/stilleatingpopcorn

pass the popcorn

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:35:17 PM

Who thinks they are just mining with our machines and just don't care to make up stuff to tell us? We probably won't get our avalons untill mid june :/
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:58:21 AM

Who thinks they are just mining with our machines and just don't care to make up stuff to tell us? We probably won't get our avalons untill mid june :/

considering the rate litecoin mining is growing bitcoin must be losing a lot of gpu miners. same with feathercoin.
batch #1 being mostly delivered cannot be used as an excuse for much more growth.
friedcat's project might count for some but you would think the friday updates would explain new growth if from that.

soooo that leaves bfl and avalon. and based on what bfl is actually delivering? i think they have their hands full.
avalon is a good guess for the last couple of weeks growth?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: